ProFootballFocus Defensive Player of the Year: Kyle Williams

Big Turk

Defensive Player of the Year Race:

1. Kyle Williams, DT, Buffalo Bills (+45.0)

Finished the season leading all defensive tackles in stops and QB disruptions. Not bad for a guy who got next to no press. There hasn’t been a tackle better when it comes to getting in the backfield this year. Williams has made the Pro Bowl as Richard Seymour’s injury replacement, a richly deserved reward for an outstanding season.

Awesomk

Defensive Player of the Year Race:

1. Kyle Williams, DT, Buffalo Bills (+45.0)

Finished the season leading all defensive tackles in stops and QB disruptions. Not bad for a guy who got next to no press. There hasn't been a tackle better when it comes to getting in the backfield this year. Williams has made the Pro Bowl as Richard Seymour's injury replacement, a richly deserved reward for an outstanding season.

AWESOME!!

But i read here he sucks....

I suppose it's all relative. He's a great penetrator, but terrible space eater. As a nose tackle in a 3-4 with a lack of size/strength a space eater probably wouldve helped the run defense a lot more. Doesn't mean he's bad, it's apples to oranges.,may as well say TO was a terrible tightend because he couldn't block on the line, because the two responsibilities of WR and TE are about as similar as a penetrating tackle and a space eater.... Now we just need to run a D that fits our personnel, or get new persons in it.

Williams is a good player, but it makes him out be Warren Sapp in his prime. The season he had reminded me of Le'Roi Glover when he played in a 3-4.

You have to wonder why he never was consistently exceptional getting into the backfield when they played a 4-3 (and ill grant that he was often playing the "space eater" role in that scheme).

I suppose it's all relative. He's a great penetrator, but terrible space eater. As a nose tackle in a 3-4 with a lack of size/strength a space eater probably wouldve helped the run defense a lot more. Doesn't mean he's bad, it's apples to oranges.,may as well say TO was a terrible tightend because he couldn't block on the line, because the two responsibilities of WR and TE are about as similar as a penetrating tackle and a space eater.... Now we just need to run a D that fits our personnel, or get new persons in it.

Are "That's what she said" jokes cool again? Because if so, that's awesome :nana:

They loved his season so its no surprise that by their metrics he won the this award. They even cited his game against the Steelers as being the best game by a DT since they have been compiling stats (Which he was pretty dominant during that game). All in all I think that Kyle had a great year and while this award may be more so reflective of how they gather their metrics then how good he was its still an honor that you can argue Kyle deserved.

I think that Troup will eventually be the true NT while Kyle Williams will be a DE who plays NT on passing downs.

They loved his season so its no surprise that by their metrics he won the this award. They even cited his game against the Steelers as being the best game by a DT since they have been compiling stats (Which he was pretty dominant during that game). All in all I think that Kyle had a great year and while this award may be more so reflective of how they gather their metrics then how good he was its still an honor that you can argue Kyle deserved.

I think that Troup will eventually be the true NT while Kyle Williams will be a DE who plays NT on passing downs.

If a pro-bowl caliber player doesn't fit the defensive system that you are playing, then the system needs to be changed.

I prefer to stay 4-3 but if we are going 3-4 then I think we need to do some FA shopping/trading for a true NT.

That Sioli guy from Miami Chan raved about and he did handle Wood in our matchup. But the Ferguson guy he replaced or Shawn Rodgers should be available. Abrau Franklin was tagged last year too. Im sure there are other guys I dont know about too. Come on Buddy drink a rebd bull and dont sleep through free agency please :cry:

I prefer to stay 4-3 but if we are going 3-4 then I think we need to do some FA shopping/trading for a true NT.

That Sioli guy from Miami Chan raved about and he did handle Wood in our matchup. But the Ferguson guy he replaced or Shawn Rodgers should be available. Abrau Franklin was tagged last year too. Im sure there are other guys I dont know about too. Come on Buddy drink a rebd bull and dont sleep through free agency please :cry:

What about the guy we drafted in the 2nd round last year, Torell Troup, are we giving up on him already? Oh that's right...he's a bust just like Spiller and Carrington. Maybe we can package all three of them in a trade with Cleveland for Shawn Rodgers :thumbsup: