Cam Newton is the next Akili Smith

freester

Bills won't take a QB they will give Fitz another season. The team is likely to take a DT who will be put at DE and that will be their effort to help fix the D. Nix drafted well in SD and while the 2010 draft class isn't setting the world on fire it could be a solid one depending on how they develop on the 2011 season unfolds.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cam Newton is a one year wonder like Akili Smith. He has questionable intangibles and work ethic. I have zero confidence in Nix's ability to run the draft.

That is certainly one opinion of it. I think he could be a good player in the NFL. I am not sure about his abilities to throw but it seems like he has the ability to be successful at the next level.

Cam Newton is a one year wonder like Akili Smith. He has questionable intangibles and work ethic. I have zero confidence in Nix's ability to run the draft.

My uncle has a red pencil box. There are no bones in ice cream. Do you walk to school, or carry your lunch?

Last year everyone was talking about Locker, now no one wants him?

That's why the Luck thing is so crazy. You strike when you have reached your top value.

as for Locker, he got a raw deal. He played under a 1st time head coach, who only previously was a co-offensive coordinator (with Kiffin at USC). There is not a lot of NFL talent at UW either. Plus, he was playing through an injury most of the year & missed most of the practice week.

If Locker is sitting at #41 & we didn't draft a qb, IMO, he would be very hard to pass on. He would be the perfect guy to learn under Fitz. Locker is like Fitz on steroids.

That's why the Luck thing is so crazy. You strike when you have reached your top value.

as for Locker, he got a raw deal. He played under a 1st time head coach, who only previously was a co-offensive coordinator (with Kiffin at USC). There is not a lot of NFL talent at UW either. Plus, he was playing through an injury most of the year & missed most of the practice week.

If Locker is sitting at #41 & we didn't draft a qb, IMO, he would be very hard to pass on. He would be the perfect guy to learn under Fitz. Locker is like Fitz on steroids.

Uh no

Locker was tutored by the same guy that tutored Leinart, and Palmer and Cassel

And what makes you think hes a good player? His 4 for 20 performance against nebraska? or maybe it was his zero completions in the first half of his final bowl game? Hurt or not that is bad and not someone i spend a second round pick on...ever...

Uh no

Locker was tutored by the same guy that tutored Leinart, and Palmer and Cassel

And what makes you think hes a good player? His 4 for 20 performance against nebraska? or maybe it was his zero completions in the first half of his final bowl game? Hurt or not that is bad and not someone i spend a second round pick on...ever...

Right. It was all Sarkisan who coached USC's qbs. Norm Chow & Lane Kiffin were only along for the ride.

Well.....while we are slamming Nix lets make sure to include the WHOLE draft......

- Spiller....yep huge blunder after one year

- Troupe......looks like Nix addressed line here

- Carrington......looks like Nix addressed line here

- Moates, Batten, Easley......jury is still out

Maybe just maybe we can give a new guy more then one year to put his stamp on a team? I didn't like how little we did in free agency but if you subscribe to the theory that they needed to PURGE this team and hit rock bottom before they could truly get better then free agents this year would have just been bandaids that would have put us right where we have been....in the 7-9 and 8-8 area

Lets see what Nix can do with a offseason of knowing what he he's got....a top 3 pick to work with.....a draft of players that are a year older....etc etc

I cant believe anyone would even knock Nix at this point.....

Troup did not impress me at all this season. He was invisible. Ditto with Carrington.

The comparison is ludicrous. Newton is a tremendous, multi-dimensional football player. If he's there at 3, you draft him or you trade down because there will be plenty of teams anxious to trade you the store. I kind of hope he's not there because we really should go D-line. But CN may be too difficult to pass up. In any case, don't touch Mallett, aka The Leaf.

Cam Newton is out of this world good. :thumbdown:Now that Luck is out he's gonna go #1. If he's there at 3, they gotta snatch him up. Or trade him for a whole bunch of picks . Either way the dude is great.

I hope he goes first overall to Carolina. That way there is absolutely no way he ends up in buffalo. Fairley or Dareus please!

I hope he goes first overall to Carolina. That way there is absolutely no way he ends up in buffalo. Fairley or Dareus please!

Actually I hope he's there at 3 and the Bills get a great offer to trade down for him. A lot of teams will over value to Newton and the Bills need help all over the place. If Fitz doesn't take another step forward get the QB in 2012 when there will be a few good options including possibly Luck. I don't like Darius for some reason and am not sold on Fairley - looking forward to learning a lot more about them.

I enjoy this website for its knowledgeable reports and information. Not the trolls.