Cam Newton is the next Akili Smith

freester

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure he's not the next James Harris or Doug Wms? Akili Smith was a scatterarmed smaller QB who was much slower than Newton, but other than that, he's exactly the same.

Don't worry, the Bills are not taking a QB at 3. No way. They have a starter and need a _efense. If it's not front 7, I will be more blown away than when they took John Fina over Carl Pickens. More shocked than Whitner over Ngata or Tommy Harris. Maybe even more shocked than Tony Hunter over Jim Kelly/Dan Marino.

Cam Newton is a one year wonder like Akili Smith. He has questionable intangibles and work ethic. I have zero confidence in Nix's ability to run the draft.

Akili Smith didn't even put up numbers like Cam did this year. This is the 2nd greatest season by a college QB in the history of NCAA football, next to Tebow's Heisman year. Everyone on the Auburn Tigers raves about his work ethic and leadership ability. Not sure where you get your info from. Crayonz maybe?

Based on what? One top pick that hasn't won OROY?

PTR

Even you have to admit, Nix's design of the team thus far has been less than stellar. Picking Spiller was a huge blunder (though I know I'm in the minority on that), failing to seriously address the OL in FA or the draft, other than Moats, his first draft class seems suspect at best. Easley could be good, Spiller will turn out to be decent, Moats I think will be an overachiever his whole career (in a good way) but outside of those three, I'm not holding my breath.

This is a crucial draft for the Bills. They have the ability to get three or four playmakers on Offense and/or Defense. I have no choice but to hope for the best, but so far Nix has been a huge disappointment.

Cam Newton is a one year wonder like Akili Smith. He has questionable intangibles and work ethic. I have zero confidence in Nix's ability to run the draft.

Apparently San Diego had plenty of confidence in his ability where he drafted players like LaDanian Tomlinson, Shawne Merriman and found players like Antonio Gates...

I actually have zero confidence in your ability to judge talent evaluators...

Based on what? One top pick that hasn't won OROY?

PTR

based on an entire draft that contributed very little on a team devoid of talent. Based on a number of ridiculous moves like extending Kelsay and Merriman. Not firing a first time DC whose defense is the worst in the league.

Enjoying a mid-afternoon snack of paint chips, are we?

Thank you for clearing that up, but do you have proof?

Proof that Nix is incompetent?? His record speaks for itself. Newton like Akili runs an offense that is not pro style. In the pros with bigger faster defenders, he won't be able to run for all those yards. He doesn't have Vick's speed.

Cam Newton will be an excellent NFL QB, mark my words. As long as he stays away from the Jamarsucks Russell ho-ho and twinkie diet, he will be good. All these other QB's mentioned could never throw the ball nearly as good as they could run. Newton OTOH can throw as good, if not better than he can run and he can actually read defenses.