Patrick Peterson would be a great pick

gjv001

Not withstanding our need to build a defensive front seven, Patrick Peterson is the best football player in the 2011 draft. Unfortunately there is not a DE,DT or Linebacker worthy of the number three pick.

They weren't worth the money they were asking.

I agree with you on Clenents and probably Whitner (although I have not seen his demands), but I think Winfield probably was -- he is still a productive player in this league.

Bottom line is if you are not going to retain the player after the initial contract because top flight CB's get big bucks, don't take them early in the 1st round to begin with. Training someone elses star is not a smart move.

I don't think either of the two CBs will really be clearly the best football player available when we pick at #3, and if it isn't clear and we have several players graded very close together, I would rather see front 7. But I don't see where on this roster we have a player who is a year in year out pro bowl difference maker. So I want to get as many of those guys on my roster any way I can. The easiest chance we will have is #3, and I want to get a great football player. Bowers and Fairley top my list, but I think that Nix will have a better list and the same goal.

Leave position out of it, and get us some great football players!

I don't have a problem if they pick Peterson, as long as they trade him for several picks later in the draft. CB's don't win championships. If you can put pressure on the QB and stop the run, our CB's can handle the job. The problem is we do not have a pass rush. If we were hitting the QB or making him hurry his throws, our CB's might actually be competent. I say pick up a free agent CB, but draft DL and LB first.

Yep...time to pick up an old TV at the Salvation Army for the draft. Happens every couple of years...I get so angry at our picks that I inevitably throw something into the TV. Last broken one was because of Maybin. If we may take a CB with our needs at OT, QB and defensive front 7..another one will break this year.

This post is half correct. After Luck, Peterson may be the best player in the draft. If Denver passes on Peterson there may be teams like Texans at 11 who would be willing to move up to #3 for him. This would be a great chance to move down, still get a very good front 7 defender, perhaps pick up a second this year for a TE or QB(Locker in the early second?) along with another front seven defender, or better yet another first rounder for 2012.