Ok....let me ask this.....if Luck declares

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give up next year's #1 pick as long as we got a 3rd or 4th back in the trade...that way we're not losing a damn thing cause we can't draft worth a crap in the first round anyway.

Draft picks are valuated. Look up those values and you can pretty much figure out what it would cost in terms of picks.

Swap 1sts this year, 2nd round this year, 1 round next year.

No, they're not. The chart doesn't apply to the top few picks. Besides, the chart doesn't contemplate a once-a-decade prospect like Luck.

i think we should wait till the combine and all that cause i wanna see how mallet does. they could be pretty close to eachother in terms of ratings by the time the draft rolls around

:lol:

Sadly, I just looked up the NFL trade chart values. For us to move up from #3 to #1, it would cost us our #3 (1st round), #35 (2nd round) and #67 (3rd round) in this years draft. Unfortunately, Luck is only a QB and not know for his linebacking skills. We have way too many pressing needs to roll the dice on someone who COULD be great. Don't dream, it's over. :cry:

No, they're not. The chart doesn't apply to the top few picks. Besides, the chart doesn't contemplate a once-a-decade prospect like Luck.

Yes, they are. There are values assigned to every single pick in the draft, starting with the very first pick. You can look it up yourself.

Now, there are GMs in the league that adhere to the value board more closely than others, which is why teams sometimes have to "overpay" in terms of pick value to move up. But all the teams are aware of and use that chart to some degree.

And it's a guideline. It can't "contemplate" anything.

I will say this right here right now......

I have always been a Luck fan......I dont think Newton is ANYWHERE near the QB that Luck is going to be....

I WOULD give up this entire draft to get Luck.....I just wish that if we did that our owner would be aggressive in free agency.....

We need a RT, a TE, and another linebacker.......

It would probably mean we would not do well next year......but we WOULD have Luck

The chart does not apply when a player like Luck is available.

Whatever you say chief. Then at least answer the original poster's question. What do you give up for him if you're Nix? How would you determine a fair trade price?

If it doesn't apply to someone so highly regarded like Luck, then to whom does the system apply? And how do teams determine the cut-off, i.e. When do they say this guy should be valuated at that pick but that guy shouldn't be?

If Luck falls to #3 ok get him if not go D, last in the league against the run is no way to win a superbowl either.

All that said, I think Buddy will go with the BPA which could be a WR or CB and it will cause a bunch of heads around here to explode (but in actuality I don't have a big problem with it, especially if they are a bit aggressive in FA this year).

WalterFootball Draft Value Chart

Draftek Draft Value Chart

Just like the sticker shock that some of you have regarding The Bills moving up to #1 from #3, the relative price for someone in the #7 slot to move to #3 is the same - their #1, #2 and #3.

That's why it's sooooooooooooooooo easy to trade down. A fantastic trade is just a phone call away. Always. Without exception.