BILLS TAKING CB @ #3?

ALLEN1QB

Watching one of the games yesterday the announcer said that the Bills were very interested in Amukamara with their first pick. I hope this is a bunch of BS. Without a good line whats the point of drafting a corner? You give any QB enough time he will find an open receiver.

Watching one of the games yesterday the announcer said that the Bills were very interested in Amukamara with their first pick. I hope this is a bunch of BS. Without a good line whats the point of drafting a corner? You give any QB enough time he will find an open receiver.

Sounds like bull **** to me. How would some announcer know what Nix/Gailey are thinking? Either one might have said the Bills were generally interested in him, but they would not have said which pick. Makes no sense.

Keep in mind disinformation is part of a good draft-day strategy

Without good corners what's the point of drafting a defensive lineman? You give any QB open receivers and he will find them before the rush can get there.

The point being that good teams have good players everywhere, it doesn't matter what order they are obtained.

How would an announcer know what players the Bills are interested in?

My thoughts exactly. Maybe Tasker would have some inside info but it wasn't him because he was doing our game and I didn't hear him mention it. Outside of him there is no one who announces for CBS who would have any idea.

The Bills have so many needs at so many positions that I wouldn't cry regardless of what position they drafted there (except for RB) -- provided, of course, that they take the best player available. As for a corner? I do see bigger needs elsewhere, but McGee is damaged goods, Florence was a liability all year and McKelvin is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Can you really say that they couldn't use a real shut-down corner?

The Bills have so many needs at so many positions that I wouldn't cry regardless of what position they drafted there (except for RB) -- provided, of course, that they take the best player available. As for a corner? I do see bigger needs elsewhere, but McGee is damaged goods, Florence was a liability all year and McKelvin is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Can you really say that they couldn't use a real shut-down corner?

Florence is also a UFA.

We have the worst run defense in the league.

We have one of the worst pass rushes in the league (could be the worst).

We have a coaching staffing that wants to play 3-4 with holdovers from a 4-3.

It is hard to believe they will not take defensive line or LB with the first pick. If there is a player to build around in these positions then you have to do it.

To a certain extent I wouldn't mind him going either. He is our biggest corner but not our best (although I am not sure who is our best at this point either). We have more holes than a old roof though so, imagine we should keep him.

Florence is also a UFA.

Edited by bowery4

The Bills have a chance to get Peter Luger steak and you people want them to get chopmeat?

CBs are a dime a dozen. Find ANY clown who can run fast and you can make him a CB. Teams have won Super Bowls with lousy backfields. Good luck even making the playoffs with a lousy front seven.

Edited by RkFast

I simply refuse to believe this is a possibility.