with the 3rd pick in the NFL Draft.....

papazoid

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then you must not watch a lot of College Football. Brad Smith was just OK in college I guess :rolleyes: ....

Accomplishments and honors

* First player in division 1-A history to pass for 8,000 yards and run for 4,000 yards in career

* First player in division 1-A history to pass for 2,000 yards and run for 1,000 yards in a season twice in a career

* Second player in division 1-A history to rush for 1,000 yards and pass for 2,000 yards in a season

* Fourth player in division 1-A history to score 200 points and pass for 200 points in a career

* Sixth player in division 1-A history to pass for 200 yards and rush for 200 yards in a single game (vs. Nebraska on October 22, 2005)

* Most rushing yards in division 1-A history by a freshman quarterback

* Holds school record for:

o career rushing yards

o career total yards

o most points in a game (30) and most touchdowns (5) (vs. Texas Tech on October 25, 2003)

* Holds 68 different MU, Big 12 and NCAA game, season and career records (as of 12/2005)

* 2006 Independence Bowl MVP

* 2006 Hula Bowl MVP

* 2002 1st-Team Freshman All-American by FWAA, The Sporting News, College Football News, and Rivals.com

* 2002 Honorable Mention All-American by CNNSI.com, College Football News

* 2002 and 2003 honorable mention All-Big 12 by AP

* 2002 and 2004 Honorable Mention All-Big 12 by coaches

* 2003 4th-Team All-American by College Sports Report

* 2003 3rd-Team All-Big 12 by coaches

* 2005 Draddy Trophy finalist

* 2005 Honorable Mention All-Big 12

* 2005 Davey O'Brien Award Semi-Finalist

* 2010 Pudding Pie Award

Yeah, I guess I missed the Hula Bowl that year. He seems to have been honorably mentioned quite a bit, too.

Hot off the presses....updated Andrew Luck is gone draft.

this Mock Draft says we will have our choice of Fairley or Bowers:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

P.S.A: that CB Patrick Patterson from LSU plays tonight.

And this is the idiot that published that mock draft...

Walter Cherepinsky

Wally's World

Just so you know - you'll gain no knowledge or insight from that moron, but you'll make him a little richer every time you click on his site (which is really all he cares about).

I like that he has the Bills taking Mallett, but still don't understand why anyone gives any of the mocks any credibility whatsoever.

First of all, they are all reacting and adjusting to the Luck decision - but Luck was NEVER going to be in the draft, so right there you know that these guys are all just speculating, taking wild guesses, giving you their ' wish list ' , or merely spewing out garbage to fill column-inches so they can sell advertising on a web site (or all of the preceding).

Second, if you look at the background of the guys publishing these mocks, you'll discover that they are usually college students or recent grads (though some are written by junior high school kids) - maybe with a tiny bit of journalistic grunt work in their background, but usually not - and that their imaginary drafts are not grounded in any sort of valid research or scouting whatsoever.

Third - and this has been a peeve of mine for months - most of these mocks are chock full of underclassmen, some of whom will be in this draft but most of whom will not, which renders the entire mock a farce that becomes invalid with every days news that one of the key draftees is staying in school.

They are ALL a complete waste of time until next Friday - the deadline for underclassmen to enter this years draft - after which, only a few will be worth reading but most will still be a complete waste of time!

JMO, of course. B-)

Edited by The Senator

Andrew Luck not declaring was a God-send for the Bills. We can no solely focus on building our Defense with 1 of the big 3 DL , solidify our Oline , and also lets us see what we may have in Fitz. When 2011 wraps up , we might be in a position to either draft Luck straight up or trade to get him , because most of the QB needy teams will have addressed that position this year. Its a win win for the the bills.

#3 overall pick = Fairley

Hes a beast thats good against the run , can rush the passer , and has a mean streak that I know our Defense lacks.

SCOUT's NEW BIG BOARD:

1. Da'Quan Bowers* DE Clemson 97

2. Nick Fairley DT Auburn 97

3. Patrick Peterson* CB LSU 97

4. A.J. Green* WR Georgia 97

5. Marcell Dareus* DT Alabama 96

6. Blaine Gabbert* QB Missouri 96

7. Robert Quinn* DE N. Carolina 96

SCOUT's NEW BIG BOARD:

Fairley. we need a big, nasty guy in the middle of the line which will make Kyle Williams and Poz better players as well as Merriman since more attention will need to be spend on our interior D now. I want Brady and Sanchez to actually be concerned about our defense for a change.... Drafting Fairley will finally get me excited about the Bills future again and I'll buy father and son Fairley jerseys as well....

Dec 2009 Bleach Report Mock

Aren't winter mock drafts fun? Take a look at this one a few weeks earlier than now, but from roughly the same point last year. Claussen #1, Spiller #22, Bradford #6. It is fun to talk about, but just realize that no mock around now will be even close to the actual draft, even in just the top 3, so now is not a time to speak about absolutes.

Also, looking back on things with a smile, it was very intersting to compare Claussen's 2009 with Luck's 2010 in terms of expected #1 pick "can't miss" stuff. I hope we pick the guy that Chan and Buddy think is going to be the best football player over the next five years, and what Kiper thinks we need, or what Ralph wants, or what Modrak thinks is smart, or what the fans agree on (although with Ngata and Orakpo of past drafts, I would put us a close second behind Chan/Buddy).

I like that he has the Bills taking Mallett, but still don't understand why anyone gives any of the mocks any credibility whatsoever.

First of all, they are all reacting and adjusting to the Luck decision - but Luck was NEVER going to be in the draft, so right there you know that these guys are all just speculating, taking wild guesses, giving you their ' wish list ' , or merely spewing out garbage to fill column-inches so they can sell advertising on a web site (or all of the preceding).

Second, if you look at the background of the guys publishing these mocks, you'll discover that they are usually college students or recent grads (though some are written by junior high school kids) - maybe with a tiny bit of journalistic grunt work in their background, but usually not - and that their imaginary drafts are not grounded in any sort of valid research or scouting whatsoever.

Third - and this has been a peeve of mine for months - most of these mocks are chock full of underclassmen, some of whom will be in this draft but most of whom will not, which renders the entire mock a farce that becomes invalid with every days news that one of the key draftees is staying in school.

They are ALL a complete waste of time until next Friday - the deadline for underclassmen to enter this years draft - after which, only a few will be worth reading but most will still be a complete waste of time!

JMO, of course. B-)

SCOUT's NEW BIG BOARD:

KIPER'S NEW BIG BOARD:

#1- Nick Fairley * DT 6-5 310 Analysis: Fairley simply dominated his final showcase game for scouts. A force all year while often not 100 percent, a perfect fit for a 4-3 interior. Last week: No. 2

#2- Da'Quan Bowers * DE 6-4 277 Analysis: The most gifted pure pass-rusher on the Board, Bowers has followed through on his talent. An ideal 4-3 DE, but Bowers has a chance as a 3-4 edge. Last week: No. 1

#3- A.J. Green * WR 6-4 207 Analysis: Allays any speed fears with improved route-running; and speed is fine. Green has worked hard to become a complete WR. Last week: No. 3

#4- Patrick Peterson * CB 6-1 211 Analysis: An extraordinary athlete, Peterson doesn't just have safety size, he'd measure up to a lot of RBs. Great special teams returner as well. Last week: No. 4

#5- Marcell Dareus * DE 6-3 306 Analysis: A solid penetrator; pass-rush skills trump run-stopping performance thus far, which is a reason I can see him becoming a solid 3-4 DE.Last week: No. 6

Edited by papazoid