Mallett #1 pick

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it? :wallbash: We finally have some consistency at the QB spot and y'all want to get a rookie and start him over a guy who has given us a chance in almost every game he has played. WTF!!! Yea, he has had a bad game or two. If we picked Mallett, or Luck, or any other so called NFL ready QB we will be rebuilding again for another 10 years. What about Clausen? Everyone said he was ready to run an NFL offence. Hows he doing for Carolina? We need Fitz!! He gives us a real shot at winning. We need a more aggressive and dominant D. If we can get help at the LB,OLB and Safty position in the off season and maybe draft a pass rusher or two we might have a shot at 8-8 next year. Get over it!! Fitz is our guy. :censored:

Didn't we keep Trent for more than a season...

Bledsoe and Losman (2002-2004 and 2006 respectively) have been the only QB's we've had start all 16 games in a season since Kelly's last season of 16 starts in 1993.

Enough of this "QB Competition" BS. Give us a starting quarterback for once.

I believe we need to bolster our defense in the draft. But I also don't think drafting a QB in the first round derails that. Nor does drafting a defensive player in the first round completely fix our defense. So I don't understand why someone would call people "clowns" for having the opinion of drafting a future QB for this team in the first round.

This team has a lot of needs. And I actually would be happy with several scenarios. But the most important thing is that the players we draft begin to contribute and be future cornerstones. That is something we have lacked for over 10 years. Our first round rate is atrocious, and it doesn't get much better in the rounds thereafter. I'm nervous this last years draft is headed in that same direction. Our best player came from the sixth round and our next best decision was signing Nelson as an undrafted player. That's not good.

I don't get it? :wallbash: We finally have some consistency at the QB spot and y'all want to get a rookie and start him over a guy who has given us a chance in almost every game he has played. WTF!!! Yea, he has had a bad game or two. If we picked Mallett, or Luck, or any other so called NFL ready QB we will be rebuilding again for another 10 years. What about Clausen? Everyone said he was ready to run an NFL offence. Hows he doing for Carolina? We need Fitz!! He gives us a real shot at winning. We need a more aggressive and dominant D. If we can get help at the LB,OLB and Safty position in the off season and maybe draft a pass rusher or two we might have a shot at 8-8 next year. Get over it!! Fitz is our guy. :censored:

Maybe he's your guy...I like Fitz too...Sort of...I like his guts and his smarts for sure...But that does not mean I want the Bills to stop trying to improve the QB Position...

Consistancy compared to Losman and Edwards...Yes...Compared to the better QB's in the NFL?...Not so much...

Clausen was a 2nd Round Pick and just about everybody who needed a QB passed on him...So I'm not sure on how he really compares to the QB's that will be Drafted high in the 2011 Draft...I do know plenty of Teams were not high on Clausen...Plus he's a Rookie on a REALLY bad Team...We'll see how he does down the road...

I would not say having the 21st rated QB in the NFL who is completing 58% of his Passes (28th in the league) is reason enough to ignore a potential Franchise Player at the most important Position on the Team...Fitz is what he is, and he's not bad...But to think The Bills can't do better because Fitz is the epitome of consistancy is a bit ridiculous...They can do better...And they will try... B-)

I hate to say but I am on the Mallett Bandwagon now (prefer Luck but we won just enough to loose him too). Mallet reminds me of Roethlisberger and hopefully we be just as good for us. We may have had our differences Senator but I'm with you on this.

With the players we have on the team and those that will be coming back next year off of IR (Easley , Batten ,Evans ,Parrish ) & so on i think we need to go defense in the first round . A guy like Nick Fairly would be a great help on our D line !!

Just imagine Carrington - Williams - Fairly or Fairly - Troup - Williams with back ups like S Johnson - Carrington - Stroud (although we need to upgrade on him) i'm just sayin & if not that then we need the best line backer in the draft if not in the first then trade back & add another pick to our draft .

We don't even really know what we have backing up Fitzy . The potential is there & if Gailey is a QB man then let him work with the guys we got & see what they have before getting rid of the guys that at the least know the system rather than start teaching some one else for another year before they can get into the action !!!

Edited by T master

Maybe he's your guy...I like Fitz too...Sort of...I like his guts and his smarts for sure...But that does not mean I want the Bills to stop trying to improve the QB Position...

Consistancy compared to Losman and Edwards...Yes...Compared to the better QB's in the NFL?...Not so much...

Clausen was a 2nd Round Pick and just about everybody who needed a QB passed on him...So I'm not sure on how he really compares to the QB's that will be Drafted high in the 2011 Draft...I do know plenty of Teams were not high on Clausen...Plus he's a Rookie on a REALLY bad Team...We'll see how he does down the road...

I would not say having the 21st rated QB in the NFL who is completing 58% of his Passes (28th in the league) is reason enough to ignore a potential Franchise Player at the most important Position on the Team...Fitz is what he is, and he's not bad...But to think The Bills can't do better because Fitz is the epitome of consistancy is a bit ridiculous...They can do better...And they will try... B-)

Clausen was/is garbage. The only QB I liked last year was Tebow but Bradford has done well so you never know. I am not saying start him next year but groom him for a year or two behind Fitz. I have hoped and prayed Fits would stop the ints and the bad throws would go away but he has been the same since he got here which is a gutsy try-hard guy who is good but not good enough to be the franchise QB :(

I was on the Mallett situation early. I mean, in September, I wanted the Bills to get this guy in the worst way--I even thought he was better than Luck (I was wrong). The game against Alabama made me doubt him a bit, and the rest of the season didn't help. All said, I wouldn't mind if the Bills took him, but I'd greatly prefer that they take a D-line stud if possible, in the first round. I think there's a pretty good chance that Mallett will last to the early second, and if not, well, there certainly are enough other holes to fill this year.

And I won't go apeshit angry if they do take Mallett in the first, either.

While I do agree that Fitzpatrick isn't an elite QB, I agree that the defense is SO woeful that almost

every pick should be spent there again. The only LB on the roster that could start for a good Division 1

college team is Poz and maybe Moats. I have hope for Carrington at DE, but Stroud is miscast at DE and

is past his illustrious prime.

This team has ZERO pass rush and no identity on defense. They can't play the 3-4 that they want to play,

yet still suck (just a little less) when they play 4-3. They can't stop the run to save their lives and

with no pass rush they are wasting some talent in the defensive secondary.

I know that there are better QBs that Fitzpatrick and I know that the team needs a RT, perhaps a LT, a

good TE and maybe another WR, but for my money, I would try to build a solid defense and live with

Fitzpatrick again next year at QB.

I just don't see a QB worthy of a top 10 selection and that will improve the Bills. I LOVE Andrew Luck's

game. I think he is the next great QB, but he will be long gone by the Bills' pick. I don't like Mallet

- thinkhe has a great arm, but is missing those intangibles that Fitz has. Now, if you could take Mallet's

physical tools and Fitz' mind, THEN you have a QB! I also am afraid of Cam Newton. I just feel that

there is too big a chance that he is the next Vince Young to pick him that high when our defense is so

abysmal.

I wouldn't mind if they wanted to spend a middle round pick on a smart QB like Moore from Boise St, but

realistically, those guys don't pan out very often either, so I'd rather spend the top 3 picks shoring

up an embarassingly bad defense.

Just my $.02 worth...

Your 2 cents worth sounds like my 2 cents worth......my only change is that I think we really need to get serious about a RT and not be playing musical chairs with other peoples garbage.....and this is a good year to need a TE in free agency.

But other then that.....defense, defense, and more defense........we need pass rush without blitzing every down and run stoppers

D E F E N S E

Defensive front 7 and OLine are our glaring weaknesses. We're decent at QB, DB, RB (although signing a decent FA RB is probably going to be needed), and WR. I'm usually a big best player available guy, but with this team, we need to fill holes first.

I really think we need a new DC though in the worst way. There are some guys out there we should pursue like Marvin Lewis, John Fox, or Mike Singeltary.

I agree that we have too many needs to draft a QB early. But I think there are other options. Kyle Orton for example. He'll be available for a late rounder if he's not released outright. He's a proven cold weather QB that can rack up yardage. I think he'd probably be an upgrade over Fitz. Then we'd have a decent QB depth chart, too.

There's no doubt that our draft focus should be in the trenches. I'd let Whitner walk and put our money towards free agents in an area of higher need. Ray Edwards, Richard Seymour, and Mathias Kiwanuka all deserve a look. I see Posluszny's a free agent. They better not give him the Kelsay treatment.

As far as further offensive help goes, I wonder if we could even get a visit from Randy Moss, James Jones, or Malcolm Floyd. It ain't easy bein' Buddy Nix...

If you are in the group who want to draft a QB with the first round pick get used to this last game and this season. It will mean at least 3 more loosing crap seasons. It will be a couple of years before a rookie QB comes close to being good. Sure Fitz shot the bed today. But look at the season he had. Look how pathic the front seven on defense is. What the Bills need is a team to build around Fitz, not a another QB. No pressure at all on Brady. Could'nt stop the run. I say draft nothing but front seven defense player, and maybe an Offensive tackle. Draft this. If your serious about the 3-4 defense you need LB's.

1. Da'Quan Bowers DE, Clemson.

2. Gabe Carimi OT, Wisconsin

3. Jeremy Beal OLB, Oklahoma

4. Jonathan Cornell ILB, Mississippi

4b. Mike McNeill TE, Nebraska

5. Kheeston Randall NT, Texas

6. Cliff Matthews OLB, South Carolina

7. Alex Wujciak ILB, Maryland

If a QB is there and the team believes he is a franchise caliber player you take him and forgot defense until the next round.

Successful teams dont draft for needs, they take the best player available. A stud QB is worth more than a stud at any other position.

Fitz isnt the answer, he far too inconsistent, always has been which is why he's always been a backup until coming to the lowly Bills.

The question for the front office will be what player grades out to be worthy of a top 5 pick. Btw to those suggesting we just trade down should take a look and see how hard it is to trade those picks. The pats trade much higher picks bc well its easier too.

Check out the numbers on our beloved Jimbo http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KellJi00.htm and notice the completion percentages over the years with the OL and offensive weapons he had around him. Only 4 of the 11 seasons in Buffalo did his completion percentage get above 60% and he is in the HOF. ;) I say we address other obvious needs this draft and give Fitz atleast one more year at the helm.