Mallett #1 pick

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have way to many holes other than QB. We could probably even trade down and still get mallet, but the past ten years show that we are to stupid to do so. So no I dont want mallet unless he is in the second round or maybe even later. We need to draft smart and getting him in the first round would be dumb.

You got any better ideas genius?

Says the guy who calls out the dude who only says +1, not the one who called everyone clowns (which was, of course, accurate).

Yeah, I have a million better ideas than freaking out over one bad game and reaching for Mallet with what is now a top 5 pick. They include, and specifically start with drafting to improve our front 7. Other options would be emulating the best team of my generation and trading down to a comfortable spot to get a guy like Castonzo, Carimi, or Nate Solder, and using the (gasp) extra picks on the front 7. Then I'd use the second rounder on the front 7 again unless Newton finds his way into the second round.

We already had Drew Bledsoe. I don't want Mallet in the top 15 let alone the top 4.

Edited by jwolf02

Says the guy who calls out the dude who only says +1, not the one who called everyone clowns (which was, of course, accurate).

Yeah, I have a million better ideas than freaking out over one bad game and reaching for Mallet with what is now a top 5 pick. They include, and specifically start with drafting to improve our front 7. Other options would be emulating the best team of my generation and trading down to a comfortable spot to get a guy like Castonzo, Carimi, or Nate Solder, and using the (gasp) extra picks on the front 7. Then I'd use the second rounder on the front 7 again unless Newton finds his way into the second round.

We already had Drew Bledsoe. I don't want Mallet in the top 15 let alone the top 4.

By calling him out calls out the guy he quoted...

I have been calling for front 7 and OT all year but none of that matters without a franchise QB. We can get:

2.Gabe Carimi ROT 6' 7" 327

3.Jeremy Beal OLB 6' 3" 260

4.Casey Mattews SILB6' 2" 235

4.Kendrick Ellis NT 6' 5" 340...

and still address front 7 and get our QB.

2 DEs and 3 LBs that are better than what we have right now. As many have said many times, the front 7 is very weak.

While I do agree that Fitzpatrick isn't an elite QB, I agree that the defense is SO woeful that almost

every pick should be spent there again. The only LB on the roster that could start for a good Division 1

college team is Poz and maybe Moats. I have hope for Carrington at DE, but Stroud is miscast at DE and

is past his illustrious prime.

This team has ZERO pass rush and no identity on defense. They can't play the 3-4 that they want to play,

yet still suck (just a little less) when they play 4-3. They can't stop the run to save their lives and

with no pass rush they are wasting some talent in the defensive secondary.

I know that there are better QBs that Fitzpatrick and I know that the team needs a RT, perhaps a LT, a

good TE and maybe another WR, but for my money, I would try to build a solid defense and live with

Fitzpatrick again next year at QB.

I just don't see a QB worthy of a top 10 selection and that will improve the Bills. I LOVE Andrew Luck's

game. I think he is the next great QB, but he will be long gone by the Bills' pick. I don't like Mallet

- thinkhe has a great arm, but is missing those intangibles that Fitz has. Now, if you could take Mallet's

physical tools and Fitz' mind, THEN you have a QB! I also am afraid of Cam Newton. I just feel that

there is too big a chance that he is the next Vince Young to pick him that high when our defense is so

abysmal.

I wouldn't mind if they wanted to spend a middle round pick on a smart QB like Moore from Boise St, but

realistically, those guys don't pan out very often either, so I'd rather spend the top 3 picks shoring

up an embarassingly bad defense.

Just my $.02 worth...