Stevie Johnson Jets Touchdown Celebration Suggestion

When (not if) Stevie scores a touchdown against the Jets, I think his TD celebration should be as follows:

• Lay down on the ground

• Take off shoe

• Take off sock

• Wiggle toes seductively

That would make my 2010.

:thumbsup:

When (not if) Stevie scores a touchdown against the Jets, I think his TD celebration should be as follows:

• Lay down on the ground

• Take off shoe

• Take off sock

That would make my 2010.

I would suggest that if he scores, he hands the ball to the official and "Acts like he has been there before." Why not have a little class (instead of what he has displayed) and don't make people continue to think that he is Ocho Stinkos little brother.

I would suggest that if he scores, he hands the ball to the official and "Acts like he has been there before." Why not have a little class (instead of what he has displayed) and don't make people continue to think that he is Ocho Stinkos little brother.

I just hope the year hanging around T.O. has not put Johnson on the path to "It's all about me", where he becomes more of a distraction to the team, than anything else. Not only have we seen the touchdown celebrations, but he has also done some lesser gesturing even after a catch.

Please don't be two faced and say "let him play the game, the NFL stands for No Fun League", blah, blah ,blah.

He is the type of player with his on and off the field(twitter) shenanigans that most of you would hate if he was on another team and would be proclaiming..."He should act like he has been there before"!

Edited by LabattBlue

• Lay down on the ground

• Take off shoe

• Take off sock

That would make my 2010.

Holy crap, I love it!!!! Maybe have Fitz whip out a camcorder and pretend to film him while he's doing it. Would be SO worth the 15-yard-penalty. Awesome post, Beastmode.

Yeah I like Steve Johnson and I like the guy having fun and doing a celebration here or there but the guy should just stop feeling the need to do TD celebrations.

• Lay down on the ground

• Take off shoe

• Take off sock

That would make my 2010.

:worthy:

• Lay down on the ground

• Take off shoe

• Take off sock

That would make my 2010.

This would be totally worth the 15 yard penalty. I don't think Chan would like it though. HAHAHA

Yeah I like Steve Johnson and I like the guy having fun and doing a celebration here or there but the guy should just stop feeling the need to do TD celebrations.

God forbid one of our WR's show emotion when they score a TD. That would be awful.

I just hope the year hanging around T.O. has not put Johnson on the path to "It's all about me", where he becomes more of a distraction to the team, than anything else. Not only have we seen the touchdown celebrations, but he has also done some lesser gesturing even after a catch.

Good grief! Or maybe the year hanging around one of the top receivers of all time hepled him emerge as one of the top receivers in the league. You want "been there before guy"? You already got him. He wears #83. Good luck with that. I'll take the guy who plays with passion and isn't afraid to have some fun with it.

Good grief! Or maybe the year hanging around one of the top receivers of all time hepled him emerge as one of the top receivers in the league. You want "been there before guy"? You already got him. He wears #83. Good luck with that. I'll take the guy who plays with passion and isn't afraid to have some fun with it.

So if you don't act like a moron after scoring a TD, that means you are not playing with passion? :huh:

Edited by LabattBlue

So if you don't act like a moron after scoring a TD, that means you are not playing with passion? :huh:

I think different people play and act differently. I love seeing our players having fun and showing emotion. I also love seeing our players make big plays and act professional. This all or nothing crap makes no sense to me.

From what very little I can tell based on interviews, there doesn't appear to be any negative feelings for Stevie in the locker room. All of the young WR's talk about him helping them out and giving them advice on getting their chances to play. Of course you rarely get the whole story until after the fact, but there's currently no reason to believe that Stevie is anything but a great teammate. The fact that's he's fun to watch and is having a great year is pretty awesome!

There is a huge difference between celebrating TD's and being a locker room cancer. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

+1

Sirs, sirs...SIRS! THAT PUNCHBOWL IS NOT A TOI...LET. :thumbdown:

You do understand that these players play for our entertainment, right? It's our consumer dollars that ultimately pay their paychecks, one way or another.

Oh, and Stevie Johnson--that FOOL--is one TD away from tying The Buffalo Bills single season record. A seventh round pick in his third year is on pace to be the Bills most productive receiver...ever.

Heaven for !@#$ing bid he have some swagger. It's not like he pulled these hijinx when he was getting one or two scores a year in garbage time.

Get a life, gentlemen. He's a kid. He's having a terrific year. And he's having fun.

Yes, the Bills are 4-10, but good luck convincing anyone with half a brain that Stevie Johnson hasn't done HIS part this season.

Heaven for !@#$ing bid he have some swagger. It's not like he pulled these hijinx when he was getting one or two scores a year in garbage time.

Get a life, gentlemen. He's a kid. He's having a terrific year. And he's having fun.

Yes, the Bills are 4-10, but good luck convincing anyone with half a brain that Stevie Johnson hasn't done HIS part this season.

I agree. But he is also a highly paid professional.

If he gets his TD at a meaningful time (not when the Bills are down by 30 points) and doesn't cost the team a 15-yard penalty, I say let the kid have some fun.

Would I prefer he just hand the ball to the ref? Yes...well, maybe. But I'm a 53-year old white male. To think the players should all behave to MY sensibilities would be completely arrogant, wouldn't it? There are all sorts of fans, and players. Why do some feel the need to make them all conform to one restrictive standard? This is NOT the military.

As long as he isn't hurting the team, I'm fine with some fun.

I agree. But he is also a highly paid professional.

If he gets his TD at a meaningful time (not when the Bills are down by 30 points) and doesn't cost the team a 15-yard penalty, I say let the kid have some fun.

Would I prefer he just hand the ball to the ref? Yes...well, maybe. But I'm a 53-year old white male. To think the players should all behave to MY sensibilities would be completely arrogant, wouldn't it? There are all sorts of fans, and players. Why do some feel the need to make them all conform to one restrictive standard? This is NOT the military.

As long as he isn't hurting the team, I'm fine with some fun.

IIRC, he's done:

The minutemen gun salute, which was hilarious but DID cost us 15 yards.

"Why So Serious," which didn't cost the Bills any penalty yards (right?) but cost him some coin, which I could care less about.

Then this past week against the Phish he did a little dance that didn't cost anybody anything.

So that's three celebrations out of 10 touchdowns, one of which (the best one IMO) actually hurt the team.

IIRC, he's done:

The minutemen gun salute, which was hilarious but DID cost us 15 yards.

"Why So Serious," which didn't cost the Bills any penalty yards (right?) but cost him some coin, which I could care less about.

Then this past week against the Phish he did a little dance that didn't cost anybody anything.

So that's three celebrations out of 10 touchdowns, one of which (the best one IMO) actually hurt the team.

Actually I thought the penalty for the gun was stupid. A fine I can understand, but it didn't deserve the flag. Like you, I don't care if they fine him. He knows that going in.

steve's the last person who should comment on this little scandal.

+1. I would like to see David Nelson do the foot fetish celebration. I think that on this one Stevie should just, well, not do THAT.

Maybe Johnson's first celebration move can be to actually catch the ball.

God forbid one of our WR's show emotion when they score a TD. That would be awful.

Oh yes, that intense need to feel emotion for catching a ball should excuse players acting like 2d class jerkoffs at every opportunity.

Funny how guys like Jerry Rice were never so overcome with their emotions.

Oh yes, that intense need to feel emotion for catching a ball should excuse players acting like 2d class jerkoffs at every opportunity.

So every player should use Jerry Rice as a blueprint for when they score a touchdown then? Different players have different personalities, and I am happy that we have a player on our team that can energize and excite his teammates around him. Why not let him have fun?

Maybe someone should help you with that stick...it seems to be irritating you...LOL

Jerry Rice...give me a break, he's once in a lifetime. The Bills are terrible, let them have a little fun when they actually do something good. Quit being such a wet blanket.

Please don't be two faced and say "let him play the game, the NFL stands for No Fun League", blah, blah ,blah.

He is the type of player with his on and off the field(twitter) shenanigans that most of you would hate if he was on another team and would be proclaiming..."He should act like he has been there before"!

You are so correct. When people on here were complaining that Johnson might get fined for the crap with the T-Shirt, that was my reply, if he was on the Patriots or Jets they would be screaming for a fine. I agree, he appears to have talent to be an impact receiver, but the way he is mimicking Ocho Stinko and Terrible Owens, he will develop a reputation and turn into someone who you don't want in your lockerroom. But you are exactly correct in your observations of this board, what is a terrible thing for the Patriots or Jets, or Dolphins, when done by someone on the Bills it is totally fine.

You are so correct. When people on here were complaining that Johnson might get fined for the crap with the T-Shirt, that was my reply, if he was on the Patriots or Jets they would be screaming for a fine. I agree, he appears to have talent to be an impact receiver, but the way he is mimicking Ocho Stinko and Terrible Owens, he will develop a reputation and turn into someone who you don't want in your lockerroom. But you are exactly correct in your observations of this board, what is a terrible thing for the Patriots or Jets, or Dolphins, when done by someone on the Bills it is totally fine.

Yeah, except the part where he's "celebrated" 3 of his 10 TDs this year, of which one was a dance (last week) and another (minutemen salute) was completely impromptu and not pre-mediated.

That scad, me me me.

But you are exactly correct in your observations of this board, what is a terrible thing for the Patriots or Jets, or Dolphins, when done by someone on the Bills it is totally fine.

I read this thread and find myself wondering if I have just been awakened from some kind of Rip Van Winkle nap. When did celebrating and showing personality on the field become such a "terrible thing"? This is not the US Senate. This is professional sports. We pay good money to watch plyers compete and to be entertained. Professional athletes have always celebrated on field. I remember Bruce Smith and Darryl Talley's sideline routine about "What time is it? Showtime?" making us all 'smile. I remember Bobby Chandler celebrating touchdowns by spiking the football off of the giant Buffalo mascot that used to roam the end zone back in the mid 70's. Thurman Thomas had the habit of performing the first down gesture to get the crowd going. Fred Smerlas and Jim Haslett led a "Chorus Line" dance at midfield after a victory over LA in 1980. It was great. We were Talkin' Proud, not bitching about it.

Cornelius Bennet invented the move of standing over a quarterback with arms folded after a sack. Bruce would sometimes flop around wildly and pound the turf after a sack. Billy "White Shoes" Johnson did one hell of a TD dance and was loved for it. Harold Carmichael used to roll the football in the endzone like a pair of dice. Joe Namath guaranteed things. Muhhamad Ali and Sugar Ray Leonard endeared themsleves to the world with their clowning and antics in the ring. Earl "The Pearl" Monroe would make defenders look like fools, just because it was fun. Mark "The Bird" Fidrych talked to the baseball between pitches. We loved them all and we missed them when they left the game. Hell, Babe Ruth famously called his shot... Its sports... They are competitors... It's what they do... It always has been this way and it always will be.

Please, people... lighten up. As Stevie would say:

Why so serious?

I'd like to know that Stevie J is not wasting any concentration on what he is going to do after he scores. It's all fun until someone drops any easy TD catch in OT.

Sorry, but none of us can know that. It is just as likely that such anticipation is what drives him to make plays. Human nature is unpredictable. What drives one man to success or distraction is neither uniform in nature nor unversally applicable. It's too easy to overthink this stuff... Let Stevie be Stevie.

"Ignore what a man desires and you ignore the very source of his power"

-- Walter Lippmann

So every player should use Jerry Rice as a blueprint for when they score a touchdown then? Different players have different personalities, and I am happy that we have a player on our team that can energize and excite his teammates around him. Why not let him have fun?

believe it or not, a lot of fans don't think it's fun for a player to act like a jackoff when they make a play.