Brohm should start last 2 games

With just 2 games remaining Fitz has cemented his status as the starting QB, we aren't going to the playoff, perhaps we should take the last 2 games to see what Brohm and Levi can do, as well as the rest of the rookies and other non starting guys.

Jehuu Caulcrick is another one we should try running a bit more he is a big physical back, and locals would get a kick out of seeing him run for 100 yards given that he came from Clymer NY in Chautauqua County.

I'd like to see Fred Jackson get his 1000 yards because he deserves it.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if the Bills are winning by 21 or more and controlling the game, or losing by 21, in the 4th quarter w/no sign of life, they should get Brohm some work. I liked what I saw in Preseason, and think he just may be the next Bills starting QB (if Fitz doesn't have a long run).

But Fitz is really still learning to be a starting QB (so far so very good) and needs to keep playing. And the Bills are just starting to learn to win, and really should continue to concentrate on that at the moment.

I feel kind of bad for Brohm, but what can you do? Fitz has really stepped up and secured the starting spot. Brohm is in better shape here than in Green Bay, as he doesn't have TWO quality guys in front of him. While I am not totally against picking a QB early in the draft (if the guy is a real stud), I'd be content with Fitz and Brohm going forward.

With just 2 games remaining Fitz has cemented his status as the starting QB, we aren't going to the playoff, perhaps we should take the last 2 games to see what Brohm and Levi can do, as well as the rest of the rookies and other non starting guys.

Jehuu Caulcrick is another one we should try running a bit more he is a big physical back, and locals would get a kick out of seeing him run for 100 yards given that he came from Clymer NY in Chautauqua County.

It's pretty much what Washington is doing by benching McNabb in favor of Grossman. They are intentiaonally losing for a better draft pick, but trying to disguise it, even though it's pretty transparent. I agree with it though. Fitz gives the Bills a better chance to win, but put Brohm in to see if he is worthy of a roster spot as well as please the "guy on the bench is always better" fans...

Edited by ricojes

Excellent idea. The team is rallying around each other and playing hard. Lets remove one of the team leaders who is perfectly healthy and replace him with a man who has not earned the right. Truly brilliant.

Starting Brohm this week would a colossally dumb thing to do.

We've won 4 of our last six games against marginal opponents. We laid a turd in MN and were robbed of a win against Pittsburgh.

Our team of young, desperate players is HUNGRY for a shot at a contender. They want to measure themselves against the best in the league. They want to prove to the league that the future in Buffalo has arrived.

To deny them that by yanking the team's nucleus is to kill all the momentum they've built in the latter half of the season and it's a sure fire way to ENSURE a stepback heading into the offseason.

The Bills are preparing for this game like it was the AFC championship because for them it is. That's the way it should be, and Sunday's personnel (with the exception of Evans on the sidelines) will reflect that. Period.

It's pretty much what Washington is doing by benching McNabb in favor of Grossman. They are intentiaonally losing for a better draft pick, but trying to disguise it, even though it's pretty transparent. I agree with it though. Fitz gives the Bills a better chance to win, but put Brohm in to see if he is worthy of a roster spot as well as please the "guy on the bench is always better" fans...

And here I thought it was because McNabb generally sucks and is done.

First off, Fitz hasn't "cemented" anything. And why would you start Brohm if Fitz has cemented the starting job? Brohm most likely isn't going to be here next year, and the same could most likely be said about Levi, they already cut him once. My guess is next year Fitz will start, hopefully with a rookie behind him to learn for a half of a season and a journeyman at #2 or #3. Brohm's NFL career is on the brink of ending, there is a reason that the Quarterback Genius Chan, hasn't given a thought to playing either of those two on the roster.

Uhhhhhhh, no.

Starting Brohm this week would a colossally dumb thing to do.

We've won 4 of our last six games against marginal opponents. We laid a turd in MN and were robbed of a win against Pittsburgh.

Our team of young, desperate players is HUNGRY for a shot at a contender. They want to measure themselves against the best in the league. They want to prove to the league that the future in Buffalo has arrived.

To deny them that by yanking the team's nucleus is to kill all the momentum they've built in the latter half of the season and it's a sure fire way to ENSURE a stepback heading into the offseason.

The Bills are preparing for this game like it was the AFC championship because for them it is. That's the way it should be, and Sunday's personnel (with the exception of Evans on the sidelines) will reflect that. Period.

Not to mention, it's the right thing to do. You want to maintain the integrity of the game by playing your best against the teams fighting for the playoffs or for playoff positioning (see: 2009 Cincinnati Bengals, Week 17).

It could be a whole different ball game if the Bills were to beat the Patriots. If the Jets were to also beat Chicago, then New England's Week 17 game means something - the division and possibly #1 seed.

The locals get a kick out of a lot of things, namely 28pks of Labatt w/ free hats or pucks and wins.

If we were to pound the rock to Caulrick, a stupid idea in its own right, how would Freddy get his 1000yds?

Edited by stony

Excellent idea. The team is rallying around each other and playing hard. Lets remove one of the team leaders who is perfectly healthy and replace him with a man who has not earned the right. Truly brilliant.

+1, this is the most inane idea that's been posted in a while

Brohm was third on the depth chart to start the season. He's just not starter material

Please...behind Fritz and Edwards. Edwards is gone. He could or could not be a decent quarterback but the truth is we don't know. Writing him off would be asinine. If there is chance to work him into the last two games and get him some real world experience great. If not let's see what he does in camp next year. But let's not say he is not starter material until he has a chance to prove his worth. Heck everyone was writing off Fitz until this season.