Brohm should start last 2 games

Starting Brohm this week would a colossally dumb thing to do.

We've won 4 of our last six games against marginal opponents. We laid a turd in MN and were robbed of a win against Pittsburgh.

Our team of young, desperate players is HUNGRY for a shot at a contender. They want to measure themselves against the best in the league. They want to prove to the league that the future in Buffalo has arrived.

To deny them that by yanking the team's nucleus is to kill all the momentum they've built in the latter half of the season and it's a sure fire way to ENSURE a stepback heading into the offseason.

The Bills are preparing for this game like it was the AFC championship because for them it is. That's the way it should be, and Sunday's personnel (with the exception of Evans on the sidelines) will reflect that. Period.

I like the way you think. :thumbsup:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With just 2 games remaining Fitz has cemented his status as the starting QB, we aren't going to the playoff, perhaps we should take the last 2 games to see what Brohm and Levi can do, as well as the rest of the rookies and other non starting guys.

Jehuu Caulcrick is another one we should try running a bit more he is a big physical back, and locals would get a kick out of seeing him run for 100 yards given that he came from Clymer NY in Chautauqua County.

I'd like to see Fred Jackson get his 1000 yards because he deserves it.

Sorry but I would like for us to give the Pats a loss, may not happen but..... we play to win the games.

With just 2 games remaining Fitz has cemented his status as the starting QB, we aren't going to the playoff, perhaps we should take the last 2 games to see what Brohm and Levi can do, as well as the rest of the rookies and other non starting guys.

Jehuu Caulcrick is another one we should try running a bit more he is a big physical back, and locals would get a kick out of seeing him run for 100 yards given that he came from Clymer NY in Chautauqua County.

I'd like to see Fred Jackson get his 1000 yards because he deserves it.

I wanted to see Brohm start. Fitz has comanded the game and he IS our starter. enough!

Would you like the guy to do back-flips for you?

I didn't say Fitz hasn't played well, but is there zero chance that another QB won't be in here next year? Hell no. The odds are against it but it isn't cemented. If by chance Luck fell to us, I would think they would take him. Once never knows what opportunities will present itself to a team during the off season. Would I like him to do back flips-I don't think he could his facial hair (it's not a beard) would catch on something, but I wouldn't mind him throwing a few less absolutely terrible passes each game, especially at crucial moments of the game.

I didn't say Fitz hasn't played well, but is there zero chance that another QB won't be in here next year?

I think there is less of a chance Fitz isn't the starter to start next year.

The Bills will bring in other QBs whether or not they draft one. I would say there is a decent change the same two guys are #1 and #2 on the roster. I have no objections to the Bills getting a QB early in the draft, but that is far from certain.

I think there is less of a chance Fitz isn't the starter to start next year.

The Bills will bring in other QBs whether or not they draft one. I would say there is a decent change the same two guys are #1 and #2 on the roster. I have no objections to the Bills getting a QB early in the draft, but that is far from certain.

I have a feeling that we're going to have a new #2 next season. I don't think Brohm has impressed the staff. If they draft a QB, Brohm may stay, assuming Levi is deemed expendable. If they get one through FA or a trade, Brohm is gonzo.

I have a feeling that we're going to have a new #2 next season. I don't think Brohm has impressed the staff. If they draft a QB, Brohm may stay, assuming Levi is deemed expendable. If they get one through FA or a trade, Brohm is gonzo.

You could be right. But I can't see any evidence the Bills aren't impressed with Brohm. The dumping of Trent showed they like him at least a little, IMO. He might have had a chance to show us something if Fitz hadn't stepped up. While I'd like to know what Brohm can do, I'm happier knowing we have at least one QB that can get the job done.

You could be right. But I can't see any evidence the Bills aren't impressed with Brohm. The dumping of Trent showed they like him at least a little, IMO. He might have had a chance to show us something if Fitz hadn't stepped up. While I'd like to know what Brohm can do, I'm happier knowing we have at least one QB that can get the job done.

I had thought this at first but have since changed my mind.

It is just as easy to believe that they found Fitz to be the best answer. Therefore, Trent was a backup and we all know how good Trent was here towards the end of his career with us. Between Brohm and Edwards neither supported a case for a consistant and trustworthy backup.

I think it was not neccessarily a vote of confidence in Brohm but more the decision to cut baggage and look what the other options held holding to find a trophy. Before this season you could hardly look at any of the QB's on this roster as a solid starter; at least now we are beginning to trust Fitzy.