Say Something Positive about the 2010 Bills

Trent was not traded--he was fired. That says to me the FO actually has expectations and are willing to boot those who do not pull their weight. No playing around...just get out of Buffalo.

Now when we talk about the negatives from 2010 I will say the exact opposite of the above when talking about Chris Kelsay.

I think one of the most positive things about the Bills coaching staff is it's ability to make game time adjustments and the Bills players to execute those adjustments. The latest example was this Sunday making adjustments to compensate for what Cleveland was doing with their run game on their first drive. What a refreshing change from the previous coaching staffs and something to look forward to in the future.

+1

They entertaining. Ultimately, isn't that why we watch?

Prior to Fitzpatrick taking the reins at QB, the Bills had been so frustrating to watch, primarily because of the constant 3 and outs on offense and the lack of a field general who could read defenses or make proper audibles at the line.

It's refreshing to see actual offensive drives that eat up clock -just like the other pro teams we get to see in prime time games!

Keeping drives alive is also keeping the defense fresh, making them more effective and reducing risk of injury.

I think there is a lot of optimism going into the offseason. As much as the term "rebuilding" gets thrown around, I want to hear it used in the past tense - as in "built".

If they can add 3 or 4 impact players through the draft and free agency, have continued growth from their surprise youngsters FAs, and maintain their current momentum, this could be a team in 2011 that will be thinking playoffs.

If I'd said that just 2 short months ago, you'd have said I was delusional, but now it doesn't seem so crazy.

But the short answer is that for the moats part, they're fun to watch.

Edited by DML2005

Don't look now, but the Bills are very very quietly building perhaps not the most talented, but a capable and deeper offensive line. Now Rhinehart looks good to Gailey and will start at RG for the last 3 games. Howard is not bad and he and Bell and Wrotto with an offseason of lifting and strength building (which Bell could not do for this year due to his serious knee injury) could be much more stout next year. Levitre, Hanglider and Wood are solid already. And Wang is a good talent who needed a year to learn and he got that year, so he will be bigger and stronger and smarter next year. Just maybe , just maybe we may have an o line that can handle the =AFC East 3 - 4 defenses next year , assuming there is a season.

The Bills have their best offensive coaching since Ted Marchibroba. That's a huge positive, considering that ever since the end of the K-gun, the Bills' offensive coaching has generally been either unimaginative and predictable (most of it), too pass happy + predictable (Gilbride), or just flat-out bad. Now we have an offensive play caller who actually knows what he's doing, and it shows! :)

Edited by Edwards' Arm

Fitzpatrick- could be the ling term starter this team and city has been looking for since Kelly. (this may all be very disapointing if Luck comes out and we miss him because of a few wins)

Johnson- I called it years ago and he's proving it this year, Stevie is the true #1 this team has needs since Moulds left.

Parrish- a much as I've hated him in the past, he could be fantastic in the slot if he can stay healthy.

Nelson, Jones, Martin, Stupar, and hopefully Easley- this group of WRs and TEs could be the strenght of this teams offense for quite a while with Johnson starting and Parrish filling in as a gimmick playmaker.

Wood, Bell, Levitre- will be 3 starters on the OL for this team for years to come. Handgartner might be a really good fill in for both G and C as a backup for years as well.

Williams- the heart and soul of this defense, something to build the D around.

Carrington, Troupe- haven't playe much, but have played enough in recent weeks to give me a look that proves they are better than Kelsey, Stroud, Johnson and McCargo. They might not be superstars but they seem good enough, let's just get them some more help.

Moats- could be our Orakpo, or Suggs. He seems to really want to be great. 2 weeks in a row he has made highlight plays. He could be the Nelson, Johnson, Jones of the defense.

McKelvin- ha had a solid year, still a little underachieving from where he was drafted, but in recent weeks he's showing he can be a shut down corner.

Florance- showing he can start if needed.

All in all, I'm fairly pleased with this year actually. Coming into the season I had high hopes and was quickly shot down. But the way this team has played in the 2nd half of the season, fighting thier way back into games, and the changes the coaching staff has made to get them in those positions.

I feel Gailey has more of an idea how to coach and more faith in his ability to find talent than our previous regime did. I think this year will be our last losing record for a few years thanks to this.

We need a RT, ILB, OLB, CB, and backup to the same positions as well as inside OL, and a real TE threat and we could be much better. Give me a quality OLB/ILB a d RT in FA and the rest in the draft with young and upcoming players and we have a pretty young team that can fight back when thier down and hold a lead on defense.

Something positive about the 2010 Bills...

Fitz has overwhelmingly proven himself to be more than " just a career backup "

Steve Johnson will be a star very soon

Poz , in his 4th year , has shown he is a clear cut starting MLB

Something positive about TBD ...

I've been away from the board for awhile and its almost as if Im on a totally new forum. The level of optimism and overall renewed faith in the Bills from TBD posters is kind of remarkable in comparison to what the texture of the board was a couple months ago.

Go Bills!