Tony Washington

With all the O-line issues we have maybe we should bring in Tony Washington for a try out give him a 4 game audition if he is any good. His reputation not with standing he could be a missing link that we need.

Never heard of him. As long as he has no off the field issues or skeletons in his closet I'm OK with it. :devil:

I suspect that the fact of the matter is that Washington simply may not be any good. Given the multiple chances that so many n'er-do-wells have received in the NFL for things much more serious than Washington's grotesque indiscretion, I would have to think that SOME team would have taken a flier on him by now if he had as much talent as some around here seem to think he has.

I suspect that the fact of the matter is that Washington simply may not be any good. Given the multiple chances that so many n'er-do-wells have received in the NFL for things much more serious than Washington's grotesque indiscretion, I would have to think that SOME team would have taken a flier on him by now if he had as much talent as some around here seem to think he has.

It is rumored that Goodell warned all teams to stay away from TW. Seems like he doesn't want to deal with potential publicity.

I vaguely remember a story about him & his sister but I don't want to mention details if I am confusing him with someone else.

Can someone explain who he is, what's his situation, what was the problem he had that's causing everyone to avoid him like the plague?

Here's an article that explains the situation:

http://www.sportsfanlive.com/sflreports/entry/sportsfanlive_com_exclusive_lineman_s

I think a better article was posted some time ago.

While I think Tony is getting screwed, I doubt he could contribute much to any team at this point in the season. I hope the guy gets a chance to compete for a job somewhere in the NFL.

Yeah its a weird situation as the guy physically has the talents of an upper mid round pick (3rd or 4th round) but due to his off-field issues he wasn't drafted. But the thought was that a team would sign him undrafted but no team ever made the call. Also had Washington played for D-1 in a bigger school against top competition he might have gone in the 1st two rounds as he is scouted to have top level physical talent.

The NFL has given bigger scumbags chances and Washington should be given at least a camp invite to a team. Being shut out of the league is kind of unfair to Washington. The Bills shouldn't touch him this season as there isn't enough time to prep him for one game. But I hope another team takes a flier on him.

Yeah its a weird situation as the guy physically has the talents of an upper mid round pick (3rd or 4th round) but due to his off-field issues he wasn't drafted. But the thought was that a team would sign him undrafted but no team ever made the call. Also had Washington played for D-1 in a bigger school against top competition he might have gone in the 1st two rounds as he is scouted to have top level physical talent.

The NFL has given bigger scumbags chances and Washington should be given at least a camp invite to a team. Being shut out of the league is kind of unfair to Washington. The Bills shouldn't touch him this season as there isn't enough time to prep him for one game. But I hope another team takes a flier on him.

I agree with the part of the NFL giving bigger scum bags a second chance !!! The NFL has a history of letting murderers (weather it be people or animals) back in the league . If someone truly realizes there mistake & has remorse for there actions then they should be given a second chance.

I'll bet if this was a guy that was already established as far as selling tickets like a Micheal Vick or some one else of that level they would do the same as they did with him , keep him out for a while until things die down a bit & bring him back in a secondary roll to avoid as much attention as possible & after most all is forgotten bring him in full time .

But this guy is a nobody to the NFL & all he will be to them is a distraction or bed publicity so i don't think he has a snowball chance in hell of making it in the NFL but i don't think it's right !!!!

Its unfortunate that in the legal sense it was rape, but the reality is that it was consensual by two very young and underage people.

It is a very sad story. I don't have the link but the full explanation contains some deplorable police behavior and two young kids pretty much left abandoned by their parents.

I concur with the thought that Goodell has warned all teams to stay away. As a registered sex offender (very unjustly), he would likely have to register in every NFL city where his team would be playing.

It would be a genuine public relations nightmare, even if Goodell did not put up the "off limits" sign.

If a guy who worked with others to bash the heads in on dogs, to rip their teeth out, to buckle down other dogs to have them raped, and all out torture dogs can play in the NFL so can Washington.

People do change, people should be given an opportunity to redeem themselves. If Goodell did send out a warning than I think it is racketeering.

Give this guy a chance, let him play, we did not walk in his shoes.

It was incest. He admitted to it. He has shown regret for it. He has to register as a sex offender for it, which is why I think Goodell wants no part of it. As gross as I think that the situation is he has been punished for his crime and and should get a shot at the NFL.

Good ol Roger thinks its icky, so thats why Washington is blackballed.

He should have simply killed some people (Ray Ray in baltimore), or bashed the heads of some defenseless animals (Vick), and Roger would have suspended him 2 games and them welcomed him back.

Good ol Roger thinks its icky, so thats why Washington is blackballed.

He should have simply killed some people (Ray Ray in baltimore), or bashed the heads of some defenseless animals (Vick), and Roger would have suspended him 2 games and them welcomed him back.

I know I'll get flames but what if the talent just isn't at a level that "draft gurus" thought. He played at a very weak school and unlike ray lewis, mike Vick and little.... He wasn't a probowl proven talent. Let's say he got extra attention from the kiper and McShays of the world and instead of a 3rd scouts really saw him as a 5-7, more on par with Wang. Do people not get that literally a dozen guys come out with similar skills but never get looked at because an arm is a fraction of an inch short, a split second slow on the 40, or a underage drinking charge. Who here that clamours for him regularly has watched him play? Red flags aren't just the incest but also really who was he blocking when they played southwest Houston community college? Just saying, this might not be the man keeping him down. Like you said, guys that gms believe are probowlers have been picked up with far worse records.

so its been 7-8 years since his conviction and he has graduated from school and turned his life around. give the guy a shot and maybe we have our future rt. if leonard little is allowed to play in this league this guy should be.

Maybe buddy nix and 31 other scouts don't agree with kiper. Clausen wasn't top ten or quite as NFL ready as he thought. I haven't seen film so I can't argue either way. Have you seen any? I wonder if I'm being blackballed for a speeding ticket or if I'm just not as good as I think. Just can't seem to get a tryout. (exaggerated, but intentionally so cause it's as silly as saying the NFL would blackball a future franchise LT).

Anyway- we've heard Tonys version condemning police behavior - what's the cops side? Living in nola I know they can be shady as they come but I'm curious still