The non-challange by Gailey?

There was a play in the first half were there might have been a fumble where McKelvin scooped it up and would have had a touchdown. While the play was call dead (it wouldn't have been a touchdown), the broadcast did a crappy job showing the reply. It seemed like an obvious challenge to me at a critical portion of the game.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not making excuses for the Bills today because they certainly did not play well and did not deserve to win today BUT the refs were horrible today and it almost could have been seen as purposely done. Some of those calls and non calls were blatant favoritism towards the Vikings. Yes, I do believe the NFL and some refs play favorites. An NBA ref was convicted of point shaving, why would I expect all NFL refs to be on the up and up.

That touchdown where both players had the ball was a wrong call IMHO and from that point on the game was over.

The call on the touchdown was correct. Just like in baseball the "tie" goes to the offense.

Its not the refs fault Gailey did not challenge that play on the fumble? I didn't see a good replay of it though. I am really curious if anyone got a good look at that play.

Agree 100% but the idiot refs blew the whistle! The guy caught it, turned around which is a foot ball move and then fumbled. That makes the game 28-14 and is a 10 point swing actually as the Vikings went and scored a FG on that drive. The Vikes 1st TD was also a blatant offensive interference which they did not call but then called McKelvin for an incidental contact as defensive pass interference. There were a lot of points "given" to the Vikings today as at least 17-20. I do agree the way the Bills looked today they would lose but certainly a more competitive game that gave one team an enormous advantage early

WOW. You guys really blaming the refs for this loss now?

I blame the refs for helping the Vikes early. Then the injuries hit and it was all over. You want a blatant non-call? Try Steve Johnson's late catch where he got blasted 5 yards out of bounds. No flippin' call. The refs din't cost us the game but they put us in a hole.

PTR

The call on the touchdown was correct. Just like in baseball the "tie" goes to the offense.

Its not the refs fault Gailey did not challenge that play on the fumble? I didn't see a good replay of it though. I am really curious if anyone got a good look at that play.

The TD call was correct, but should have been offensive pass interference. Looked like Rice grabbed McKelvin's shoulder pad in order to position himself for the catch...

There were a number of bad calls against us today. Another one that comes to mind is when we were called for a personal foul after blocking their punter. The block was clean and it was long enough after the actual punt that he became a defender and therefore it should not have been called for roughing the kicker. I'm not sure why they thought that was a penalty.

Edited by Talley56

The call was not correct. You have to complete the catch in the field of play. Just like that interception weeks ago that did not count because our guy stepped on a foot or Calvin Johnson's play in the end zone that was called back. Even if I agree that Rice gets the "catch" because tie goes to offense (not sure that's actually a written rule - sort of like tie goes to the runner in baseball, there's actually no such thing in the rule book), it doesn't matter. When Rice "completes" his catch he's rolling around out of bounds. No catch.

I blame the refs for helping the Vikes early. Then the injuries hit and it was all over. You want a blatant non-call? Try Steve Johnson's late catch where he got blasted 5 yards out of bounds. No flippin' call. The refs din't cost us the game but they put us in a hole.

PTR

Agreed...one that play i was like um...really?

The call was not correct. You have to complete the catch in the field of play. Just like that interception weeks ago that did not count because our guy stepped on a foot or Calvin Johnson's play in the end zone that was called back. Even if I agree that Rice gets the "catch" because tie goes to offense (not sure that's actually a written rule - sort of like tie goes to the runner in baseball, there's actually no such thing in the rule book), it doesn't matter. When Rice "completes" his catch he's rolling around out of bounds. No catch.

Have you read a copy of the rule book?

Not making excuses for the Bills today because they certainly did not play well and did not deserve to win today BUT the refs were horrible today and it almost could have been seen as purposely done. Some of those calls and non calls were blatant favoritism towards the Vikings. Yes, I do believe the NFL and some refs play favorites. An NBA ref was convicted of point shaving, why would I expect all NFL refs to be on the up and up.

That touchdown where both players had the ball was a wrong call IMHO and from that point on the game was over.

Amazing.

This was a blowout.

Not to mention the blatant pass interference that Rice had on McKelvin to make that catch. No call there. Like its already been said, i don't think the refs lost the game but they definitely had some very suspect calls. Especially the no call on Stevie, when he was 5 yards out of bounds.

WOW. You guys really blaming the refs for this loss now?

The Bills deserved to lose today, they played horribly.

Having said that, the officials should be fined & suspended or fired for the absolutely sh!!tty non-calls against the Vikings.

Whitner gets penalized for a late hit on Jackson, on what was a borderline call.

Jared Allen delivers an elbow to the back of Fitzpatrick's head after Fitz is down on the ground, and no flag whatsoever!!!

Stevie Johnson makes a big catch over the middle runs down the sidelines for a first down, steps out of bounds and gets clocked by the Vikings safety, AFTER HE WAS OUT OF BOUNDS, and NO FLAG!!!

No these non-calls did not decide the game, but there is no excuse for missing them either.