Walking Dead

ajzepp

After pondering last night's episode, it dawned on me, Hershcel (along with a bunch of other characters) were not in the episode at all. But, the ladies were looking for him...they never did explain where he was...could this be a subtle plot development...or just AMC lowballing the budget for the show...as they say, word on the street is "AMC is cheap"!

The crossbow guy was missing to. They just didn't fit in with the "girl talk" that was the whole show outside the Zombie scene.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing they referenced, but never explained (unless I missed it, which is possible) Rick makes a differential between "bites and scratches" when they are looking at the carcasses of the two dead cops. A plot developement of some type? Shane and Rick were both slicing their hands up to entice the zombies...of course, I always think there is something more to things than it ends up...I could see Shane getting infected (he was being very generous with his blood) and that moves the story off the farm...and we lose one major character, as somebody suggested... all in all as Jim says, this episode had lots of action, but really didn't move the story along much. From previews, it is looking like maybe Shane and Angela (the blond, I think that is her name) may be driving closer to breaking off from the group...and this is starting to feel like a more realistic version of "Survivor" with alliances and things like that...

Andrea

Funny with all this "character development" that people (me included) have trouble remembering their names.

Don't they have any real problems they should be solving in Canada? :wallbash:

Good scene,but just 30 seconds mixed with 45 minutes of yak yak who do you think you are bah bah how dare you etc. Needs LOTS more action.

I'm okay with the show not being killing zombies all the time. As we've been told, "The Walking Dead" refers not to the zombies, but rather the living characters. My problems is that we've had all this time on the farm and none of the characters have been developed. Shane and Andrea have changed in the new world, but everyone else is basically the same flat character they've been since the premiere. I'd like to know more back-story to understand just who they are.

Also, the dialogue writing needs some punching up. I don't expect these folks to speak like they're in an Aaron Sorkin production, but if most of the show is back-and-forth between the ensemble, let's make it more than "Why can't you see what's happening?!?" over and over.

Prediction: The thing that protects the farm is the mud bogs that surround it. The walkers get stuck in it and it was Otis' job to wrangle them out. What if a huge horde of walkers start slumping through and as they get stuck and fall over, they create a bridge of the undead so that more can just funnel on through? That make the farm no longer safe, and they have to finally move on. Probably just wishful thinking.

I'm okay with the show not being killing zombies all the time. As we've been told, "The Walking Dead" refers not to the zombies, but rather the living characters. My problems is that we've had all this time on the farm and none of the characters have been developed. Shane and Andrea have changed in the new world, but everyone else is basically the same flat character they've been since the premiere. I'd like to know more back-story to understand just who they are.

Also, the dialogue writing needs some punching up. I don't expect these folks to speak like they're in an Aaron Sorkin production, but if most of the show is back-and-forth between the ensemble, let's make it more than "Why can't you see what's happening?!?" over and over.

Prediction: The thing that protects the farm is the mud bogs that surround it. The walkers get stuck in it and it was Otis' job to wrangle them out. What if a huge horde of walkers start slumping through and as they get stuck and fall over, they create a bridge of the undead so that more can just funnel on through? That make the farm no longer safe, and they have to finally move on. Probably just wishful thinking.

Rick predicted winter would kill the walkers. Don't know what that's leading up to.

If winter would affect the zombies then people in the southern hemisphere would be better off at this time in the show. That's until spring rolls around for them.

Hmmm I wonder if vultures would attack zombies since they are like a walking carcass in a way.

Edited by Pilsner

I'm not sure why winter was brought up at all. Aren't they in Georgia or some other deep south state where most years it only drops below freezing at night a handful of times? Maybe the group is going to be heading North soon. I suppose if they were further north it would get cold enough to freeze the walkers and immobilize them, but the humans would probably freeze to death as well without utility service or at least a steady supply of firewood.

Oh for God's sakes, just kill him already. Is this entire episode going to really be an ethical dilemma between EVERYONE and Dale? !@#$!

Yup...hate to say I saw the end of this one coming...but the all of the sudden relevance of all the bit characters kind of telegraphed things.

What's up with the Schutzstaffel symbol on the motorcycle? I don't ride motorcycles so perhaps the SS stands for something else?

Hershey is turning a new leaf, when it comes to Maggie.

I hope most cops aren't like Rick, he can be too indecisive and he doesn't listen to good advice. At this point he's a weak leader. Be decisive man, and be smart.

Eventually in an episode soon I see Glenn putting his foot down and growing up.

Edited by Pilsner

I can be pretty blunt and deliberate but I think it's !@#$ed up what Rick was about to do considering the info they had on the kid. They sure have some varying personalities on the show to mix up the drama.

Damnit didn't want to see Dale get hit like that.

What's up with the Schutzstaffel symbol on the motorcycle? I don't ride motorcycles so perhaps the SS stands for something else?

Hershey is turning a new leaf, when it comes to Maggie.

I hope most cops aren't like Rick, he can be too indecisive and he doesn't listen to good advice. At this point he's a weak leader. Be decisive man, and be smart.

Eventually in an episode soon I see Glenn putting his foot down and growing up.

From the looks of next weeks previews, it looks like his wife might be starting to wonder about him too...as for the "SS" logo on the bike, Nazi stuff is popular in some circles of the biking community. Having some personal knowledge of bikers in backwoods Georgia, I thought it was actually a nice touch.

Made it to the 17 min mark. Will maybe finish later. Brutally dull.

Well, to be fair, it did end with a bang!

Edited by Buftex

Made it to the 17 min mark. Will maybe finish later. Brutally dull.

Tonight I'm with you again...needs more Darabont.

Oh for God's sakes, just kill him already. Is this entire episode going to really be an ethical dilemma between EVERYONE and Dale? !@#$!

One of the things I really have not liked about S2 is how at times some of the shows feel like "filler" material. They'll have like 20 mins here and there of some really cool stuff, but then other times it's just ridiculous how so little can actually take place. I thought the pacing of S1 was fantastic, and it's one of the things about the show that I fell in love with. Not sure what has happened since, but I wish they'd stop being so inconsistent. There have been several times this season when I've found my mind wandering, and that never happened at all last year.