Walking Dead

ajzepp

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe this. After everything they've been thru these characters don't even have improvised ammo pouches. Or even a large back up melée weapon. Something rudimentary would do. Come on writers.

Writers in RL would prolly drop some major road apples if electricity went out for 12 hours :-p

Edited by Pilsner

I can't believe this. After everything they've been thru these characters don't even have improvised ammo pouches. Or even a large back up melée weapon. Something rudimentary would do. Come on writers.

Writers in RL would prolly drop some major road apples if electricity went out for 12 hours :-p

I don't get the weapon thing ether. Where did all the guns go? All the military guns are gone? Seems one man with a M-60 would rule the world.

I don't get the weapon thing ether. Where did all the guns go? All the military guns are gone? Seems one man with a M-60 would rule the world.

I'm just thinking that common sense and experience would dictate how they prepare. But they prepare like newbs still. You would also think there would be people out there with hand crafted bows and arrows as well. Still an interesting show tho.

I don't mind a slower pace, but yeah, they gotta do something soon...the seed seems to be planted that the rift between Rick and Shane is growing wider, and they both have their advocates...but that seed has been pretty much planted since the begining of the series.

I enjoyed the first part of the show last night too, but then it sunk back into the same crap. Like you guys, I've truly had it with the farm. Darabont would never have allowed this to stagnate as it has. The beginning was great, though...that one zombie shoving his face through the broken windshield as the sharp glass sheared off his skin...that was great! I was hoping Shane and blondie would leave the farm like they were planning to do a few episodes back. At least get SOMEONE back out into the mix exploring again. I'm so sick of them just taking turns getting booboos and having Herschel fix them up. They need to just have like 800 zombies come out of the woods and overtake the farm, and then have it burst into flames and all the main characters flee in their vehicles. I don't care how they do it, just GET THE HELL OFF THE FARM!!!

I agree that the show does not take into consideration basic survival instinct like gathering weapons, ammo and necessities. We saw the characters do that to some degree last night, but in the first season, they had their pick of ammo and heavier weapons in the field trip to the CDC.

At this point, it would appear you've got more time to relax post apocalypse than you do pre-apocalypse. I've gotten more accomplished on a vacation day. For a show like this to continue to work, there needs to be a constant sense of urgency and there isn't any.

You make a good point. Nobody seems to be working on anything. Considering they're on a farm there doesn't seem to be any agriculture going on.

The good news for everyone sick of the farm is that I think the farm will soon be left behind.

You make a good point. Nobody seems to be working on anything. Considering they're on a farm there doesn't seem to be any agriculture going on.

The good news for everyone sick of the farm is that I think the farm will soon be left behind.

When you think about shows "similar" to the Walking Dead, say the Mad Max movies, Jericho or Battlestar Galacitca, there was a constant push to go somewhere with a fair amount of conspiracy and intrigue to provide depth to the plot. Even Mac Max was always going "somewhere" to do "something".

Even one of the more brilliant premises but lousy execution when it came to apocalypse movies, 1977's Damnation Alley, had a goal: Get to Albany, NY. That was the premise of the cross-country journey.

The writers seem to be really playing up the Rick/Shane battle and it's just not that interesting while at the same time, setting up the farm up to be this impregnable fort.

Okay, I get that folks are disappointed by the lack of action, but I think some are over-analyzing. You have to keep in mind two things:

1- They have been on the farm for a "few weeks", not the 5 months it seems like to us viewers.

2- They really don't know where to go. So, why not find a farm that is relatively un-scathed (compared to anywhere else they have been, with a source for food, and try to set up fort? They may not show them farming enough to establish it, but there have been scenes that start with a shot of Herschel's daughters doing farm stuff... I think it makes complete sense. Not to mention, they have the closest thing to a doctor as they can hope to find. Wouldn't you feel more secure knowing where you are, and trying to defend it, rather than roming, not knowing what to expect at each turn?

I guess what I like about this show is that it is not like all those other shows. It takes a very unbelievable situation, and makes it somewhat believable. I am not saying I don't wish there was more action, and a little less conversation at times, but take it for what it is, and it has been pretty good. Of course, I would normally have zero interest in a zombie themed show...I only gave this a chance because it was on AMC.

Edited by Buftex

Okay, I get that folks are disappointed by the lack of action, but I think some are over-analyzing. You have to keep in mind two things:

1- They have been on the farm for a "few weeks", not the 5 months it seems like to us viewers.

2- They really don't know where to go. So, why not find a farm that is relatively un-scathed (compared to anywhere else they have been, with a source for food, and try to set up fort? They may not show them farming enough to establish it, but there have been scenes that start with a shot of Herschel's daughters doing farm stuff... I think it makes complete sense. Not to mention, they have the closest thing to a doctor as they can hope to find. Wouldn't you feel more secure knowing where you are, and trying to defend it, rather than roming, not knowing what to expect at each turn?

I guess what I like about this show is that it is not like all those other shows. It takes a very unbelievable situation, and makes it somewhat believable. I am not saying I don't wish there was more action, and a little less conversation at times, but take it for what it is, and it has been pretty good. Of course, I would normally have zero interest in a zombie themed show...I only gave this a chance because it was on AMC.

Good points. That's why I'm in favor of some sort of event where they don't have any choice whether to remain on the farm. Part of what was fun for me with regard to this show in the first season was that "where the hell do I go NOW?" aspect. I liked it better when they didn't have any sort of safe haven where they could be comfortable. The show is more fun - at least to me - where you are on edge for the entire hour because you literally just have no idea wtf is going to happen next. I really just want to see some epic zombie seen where hundreds and hundreds of them converge on the farmhouse, all hell breaks loose, and the main characters (all, most, some, whatever) escape by the skin of their teeth. I think that would be a great way to get that edge back to the show.

By the way, Michonne will appear this year, in episode 13, the season finale. No word on what actress will be portraying her. Arguably, she's one of the comic's best characters.

Three "main characters" will die by season's end as some new and previous characters reappear.

If you recall in the first show of Days Gone Bye, Rick spotted a helicopter above Atlanta. That plot detail hasn't been discussed since.

In a later episode, first part of 2nd season, they showed that the helicoptors were dropping Napalm on Atlanta... it was the short segment, right before the opening credits. It was a flashback, with Laurie and Shane watching, shocked by what they were seeing...it was, honeslty, one of the best scenes of the whole second season so far.

Problem is, the farm is too nice, too early in the story. The farm is a nice place for the finale....but it's now been used early on in the story. Now there's no goal, with no immediate threat. They have power, plenty of food, washed clothes, beds, and safety.

I guess we have to see what happens at the farm...I haven't read the comic books (I have no interest)but I bet they will not be on the farm forever...why they leave could be the season finale.

By the way, Michonne will appear this year, in episode 13, the season finale. No word on what actress will be portraying her. Arguably, she's one of the comic's best characters.

Three "main characters" will die by season's end as some new and previous characters reappear.

Do you know this for a fact, or are you assuming this, because of the comic books?

Edited by Buftex

Confirmed on the new character and character deaths. There are four episodes remaining, with the season finale on March 18.

AMC released a picture from the next episode that reveals that the farm will indeed become compromised in some fashion before the end of the season. In fact, the discovery of Randall, the kid who had the unfortunate run-in with the fence, is a major plot easter egg.

AMC also released a picture of Carl pointing an M9 at someone, which closely resembles a major plot point in the book.

Edited by dpberr

Confirmed on the new character and character deaths. There are four episodes remaining, with the season finale on March 18.

AMC released a picture from the next episode that reveals that the farm will indeed become compromised in some fashion before the end of the season. In fact, the discovery of Randall, the kid who had the unfortunate run-in with the fence, is a major plot easter egg.

AMC also released a picture of Carl pointing an M9 at someone, which closely resembles a major plot point in the book.

Are you allergic to spoiler tags?