Walking Dead

ajzepp

I'm sure you don't consider this a spoiler, but it is. I've watched the show from the beginning, and some of the post show discussions and previews ...... never heard mention that 3 main characters will die by season's end. I am sorry, but since you don't seem to get it, I'm gonna have to ignore you ........ no big deal

Not if everyone stops quoting him!

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daryl was making new arrows when Carol came to find him.

He should live longer because he actually prepares. If he does indeed teach the others about survival skills the series isn't showing a decent amount of it.

I think if I was part of the group I would be taking every opportunity to learn from this guy. Learning from Herschel how to patch someone up would be beneficial too. Perhaps some peeps are learning in the background.

He should live longer because he actually prepares. If he does indeed teach the others about survival skills the series isn't showing a decent amount of it.

I think if I was part of the group I would be taking every opportunity to learn from this guy. Learning from Herschel how to patch someone up would be beneficial too. Perhaps some peeps are learning in the background.

I love the contrast between herschel and DAryl in the last episode. You have both guys sort of retreating into themselves, but in different ways. Previously both had others' best interest in mind and they were focused on the needs of the larger group. Now you have Daryl who has become aggressively looking out for number one and even lashing out at the mother of the girl he was looking for, and you have Herschel who had a very deep, profound realization that they are truly without hope. Even in the face of finding out from Rick that he had family back at the farm who was in need of his help, it didn't phase him. Then you have the trigger event of the two outsiders showing up and all of a sudden Herschel is back in the game, but not the same.

I really think that these are the two most interesting characters on the show right now, and the way in which their characters are changing offers a telling look at where the group is as a whole. It's been a while since I've seen an episode of this show where I contemplated it in the days after seeing it, so I'm glad that it is seemingly getting it's proverbial sh*t together.

Here's a twist. If you were a member of this group who would you want to learn from first? Would you then want to follow said member or try to be a leader of the group and help them formulate a plan of action?

As I've said before, first I would learn from Daryl. I would try and kick this group in the rear and get them to realize that to be complacent would be a bad bad idea. Take inventory of everyone's skills and learn learn and learn.

And if the group happens to run into a former writer, then have that person keep a record :) :-p

how many people live in the USA? equals how many rounds of ammo equals how many tons to carry around?

I love the show, but I have trouble believing the US armed services would fail to hold back a zombie horde.

If you want to read a pretty good tale of the US military versus zombies, check out the paperback "World War Z" where the military goes face to face with millions of zombies in Yonkers, NY in a full scale engagement in the early days of an outbreak.

The book is being made into a film, with Brad Pitt as the star. If the movie pulls off the Battle of Yonkers, it'll be a blockbuster.

As for the Walking Dead, zombies outnumber "alive" humans 5,000:1.

Time to see if the series progressses from the farm a bit.

So far the cops are learning. Conserving ammo (finally) and being stealthy. But they still talk too loud when whispering will do or even hand signals. Hmm why not learn sign language :)

Blondie has an attitude. Me likey.

Edited by Pilsner

Brutally boring episode. Days of our lives with guest Zombies.

Really? Tonight felt fresher to me than it had been...of course, that may just be relative. I liked that the two bulls finally got around to mixing it up a bit. Also was glad to see more zombie action...could have done without the mini-drama with the wrist cutting, but oh well.

Anyone know why Darabont is still listed as a producer of the show?

Really? Tonight felt fresher to me than it had been...of course, that may just be relative. I liked that the two bulls finally got around to mixing it up a bit. Also was glad to see more zombie action...could have done without the mini-drama with the wrist cutting, but oh well.

Anyone know why Darabont is still listed as a producer of the show?

We know they don't like each other- the long chat on the road and the 5 min slug out really added nothing. At the end the situation is precisely where it was at the end of the last episode and looks like same-o-same-o.

We know they don't like each other- the long chat on the road and the 5 min slug out really added nothing. At the end the situation is precisely where it was at the end of the last episode and looks like same-o-same-o.

Well...I can't really argue that, cause you're right about being in the same place. I dunno, I guess I just get sick of not having enough Zombies...I felt a little more satisfied in that regard over the last two weeks. I feel like it's moving in the right direction, I guess. When the cop guy was on his back with the zombies on top of him and couldn't get an angle on the top-most walker, I loved how he put the gun in the mouth of the nearest one and blew away the third through the back of his head...just like last week when the zombie pressed his face through the broken windshield to get at the girl, even though the glass was tearing away his face in the process. That's the stuff that makes the show cool to me and I like to see it :D

Well...I can't really argue that, cause you're right about being in the same place. I dunno, I guess I just get sick of not having enough Zombies...I felt a little more satisfied in that regard over the last two weeks. I feel like it's moving in the right direction, I guess. When the cop guy was on his back with the zombies on top of him and couldn't get an angle on the top-most walker, I loved how he put the gun in the mouth of the nearest one and blew away the third through the back of his head...just like last week when the zombie pressed his face through the broken windshield to get at the girl, even though the glass was tearing away his face in the process. That's the stuff that makes the show cool to me and I like to see it :D

One thing they referenced, but never explained (unless I missed it, which is possible) Rick makes a differential between "bites and scratches" when they are looking at the carcasses of the two dead cops. A plot developement of some type? Shane and Rick were both slicing their hands up to entice the zombies...of course, I always think there is something more to things than it ends up...I could see Shane getting infected (he was being very generous with his blood) and that moves the story off the farm...and we lose one major character, as somebody suggested... all in all as Jim says, this episode had lots of action, but really didn't move the story along much. From previews, it is looking like maybe Shane and Angela (the blond, I think that is her name) may be driving closer to breaking off from the group...and this is starting to feel like a more realistic version of "Survivor" with alliances and things like that...

Edited by Buftex

Good scene,but just 30 seconds mixed with 45 minutes of yak yak who do you think you are bah bah how dare you etc. Needs LOTS more action.

If you play a drinking game where you do a shot every time someone talks about the best way to keep everyone "safe" you're going to need a 12-step program.

:D

I thought last night's episode was one of the best. The zombie scene at the Public Works building was the best since the horde came down the Interstate. I liked that they just focused on a few characters in this episode, but a little annoyed that Randall hadn't mentioned that he went to school with Maggie during his week-long recuperation.

:huh:

Liked the businessman walker lurching though the field like a had a destination. Nice touch.

If you play a drinking game where you do a shot every time someone talks about the best way to keep everyone "safe" you're going to need a 12-step program.

:D

I thought last night's episode was one of the best. The zombie scene at the Public Works building was the best since the horde came down the Interstate. I liked that they just focused on a few characters in this episode, but a little annoyed that Randall hadn't mentioned that he went to school with Maggie during his week-long recuperation. :huh:

Liked the businessman walker lurching though the field like a had a destination. Nice touch.

Yeah, meant to mention the "businessman" walker...that was a very eerie scene. The way that Shane was just watching him from the car window was a nice touch... gotta say, though, maybe this is just me...one thing I hate about this show, is the way they try to cram a pop song onto the soundtrack...for whatever reason, it just never works for them.

As for Randall/Maggie...do you think he might have made it up, to give them a moment to pause? You just know, that kid is not going to die at the hands of Rick. If he does, indeed, know Maggie, maybe a new love triangle for Maggie, Glenn and Randall? Jeez...I hope not.

After pondering last night's episode, it dawned on me, Hershcel (along with a bunch of other characters) were not in the episode at all. But, the ladies were looking for him...they never did explain where he was...could this be a subtle plot development...or just AMC lowballing the budget for the show...as they say, word on the street is "AMC is cheap"!