Walking Dead

ajzepp

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorite shows in season 1. But I agree with everyone else, tine to move on from the farm. I liked it as a guilty pleasure show with very little thinking involved. And that's not to say its a deep show now, but it sure seems to be trying. And I don't like it.

Oh and did they completely give up on that father and his son (the ones whose mom was a walker) from S1?

It seems like whenever I really like a show, the "critics" (and TSW posters) dislike the things that I think make the show stand-out... :P

I saw that really annoying Dave Navarro dude making the same comments as most of you...it seems like some people just want zombie action, while others don't mind some slower paced story telling, which only serve to make the "heavy" scenes all the heavier. I thought the episode last night was good. Like that there are more survivors.

Edited by Buftex

It seems like whenever I really like a show, the "critics" (and TSW posters) dislike the things that I think make the show stand-out... :P

I saw that really annoying Dave Navarro dude making the same comments as most of you...it seems like some people just want zombie action, while others don't mind some slower paced story telling, which only serve to make the "heavy" scenes all the heavier. I thought the episode last night was good. Like that there are more survivors.

Story telling is fine and great when the characters are complex and well rounded. When each character continues to fall into a typical archtype, they become stale and dull, and that is fine too, as long as you have good zombie action. But no zombies and boring characters = bad show. The bar scene last night is what this show is capable of. Unlikeable people whining about how much it sucks to be alive is what we continue to get.

Morgan and Duane will reappear later on in the story.

I thought last night's show was much like the other this season, 1/3 outstanding, 2/3 alright. The bar scene was straight out of a Western, executed perfectly. You could feel the foreshadowing of a shootout....it was that well written and acted.

The Lori Goes to Town bit was hilarious. Reminded me of the forced Kim Bauer meets the wildlife from 24.

I have no idea why the story has not moved off the farm. The comics contain plenty to do...at least two more stops before the blockbuster Governor story arc at Wiltshire Estates and the Prison. Why we remain on the farm at this point is beyond me.

Thanks for the spoiler alert :angry:

Morgan and Duane will reappear later on in the story.

I thought last night's show was much like the other this season, 1/3 outstanding, 2/3 alright. The bar scene was straight out of a Western, executed perfectly. You could feel the foreshadowing of a shootout....it was that well written and acted.

The Lori Goes to Town bit was hilarious. Reminded me of the forced Kim Bauer meets the wildlife from 24.

I have no idea why the story has not moved off the farm. The comics contain plenty to do...at least two more stops before the blockbuster Governor story arc at Wiltshire Estates and the Prison. Why we remain on the farm at this point is beyond me.

ahhhhhhhhhh! WHAT THE !@#$ DUDE?

What spoiler? I didn't tell you what happens. Or if they get there. The television show has gone off the comic reservation (CDC, Jenner, Shane's still kicking and Otis isn't) several times so far.

All I'm saying is that there is plenty of material to justify getting off the farm and out of town.

In fact, the guy may have alluded to Wiltshire last night by asking if the group was staying at "that housing development" up the road.

Some of us haven't read the comic ........ stick to whats happened on the show, not what's gonna happen or supposed to happen. sheesh

What spoiler? I didn't tell you what happens. Or if they get there. The television show has gone off the comic reservation (CDC, Jenner, Shane's still kicking and Otis isn't) several times so far.

All I'm saying is that there is plenty of material to justify getting off the farm and out of town.

In fact, the guy may have alluded to Wiltshire last night by asking if the group was staying at "that housing development" up the road.

Seriously Dude? Which one of the 3 major plot twists you mentioned do you feel is not a spoiler?

Some of us haven't read the comic ........ stick to whats happened on the show, not what's gonna happen or supposed to happen. sheesh

At this point I don't think anything from the comic book can be considered a spoiler for the show. They are that different at this point.

I thought last night was an encouraging start to the 2nd half of this season...glad to finally see things shaken up a bit.

Seriously Dude? Which one of the 3 major plot twists you mentioned do you feel is not a spoiler?

There are no plot twists there. I don't have advance knowledge of the show's script. I'm not on set. As for Duane and Morgan, it's already known that Lennie James (loved him in Jericho as Hawkins) is signed on to reprise the role of Morgan, meaning he'll indeed show up at some point again, outside knowing anything about the character he portrays. Robert Kirkman (the author) released that information to the press back in October.

The show to this point has generally used the books to shape characters and the plot to a far lesser degree.

For example, before being fired by AMC (or leaving on his own accord) Darabont wanted to open Season 2 with a Black Hawk Down setup in downtown Atlanta featuring the unit that included the dead soldier in the tank from Episode 1.

Much like the story with the stop at the CDC and Jenner and the webisodes featuring the backstory of Bicycle Girl, that story never appeared in the comics, and ultimately the soldiers in zombie combat was a scrapped idea. The show, in some ways, is fleshing out the story in greater detail.

I happen to like the flashbacks. Thought they worked very well in forwarding the story in Lost. However, Glen Mazarra hates using them, so you'll be seeing them sparingly.

My apologies if you think that I'm spoiling the show. It isn't intended to do so.

Watched a small preview on "Talking Dead" btw anyone watch this? Pretty good dissecting every episode. They always have a celebrity fan of the show and someone who works on the show. Anyway, the preview showed them still held up in the bar with buddies of the pair that just got shot asking to come in. Should set up for another good episode.

Edited by Dante

An outstanding show ahead of its time. CBS had a gem of a conspiracy story with great actors. You put that on FX or AMC, and we'd be neck deep in the story about the Second American Civil War now.

The premise of that show was awesome. The execution of the show was too much CBS. It would have been awesome to see it on a network that would have appreciated what they had on their hands.

The premise of that show was awesome. The execution of the show was too much CBS. It would have been awesome to see it on a network that would have appreciated what they had on their hands.

I agree. CBS knows how to run a sitcom on a sound stage, but not a multi-layered drama with special effects.

The premise alone of planning and executing Operation Boxcar would have made a great show in itself.

New Episode tonight. Is every character in the show going to get seriously injured at some point or what? Now Shrill Brunette Chick flips a car. Three characters have been shot. The black guy must play for the Bills, because he's always on injured reserve. It's like the writers don't know how to actually create "drama" and are just going for the near death shock value every time.

:lol: Or has secret cracked ribs.

An outstanding show ahead of its time. CBS had a gem of a conspiracy story with great actors. You put that on FX or AMC, and we'd be neck deep in the story about the Second American Civil War now.

Agreed. Ahead of it's time indeed. I wish the show would've continued.

Edited by Pilsner