Walking Dead

ajzepp

If ANY THING happened it would be huge. At lest I don't have to see Dale's arched I can't believe you said that eyebrows anymore.

I heard that his eyebrows will have at least 6 cameos in future dream sequences

Edited by Thirdborn

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If ANY THING happened it would be huge. At lest I don't have to see Dale's arched I can't believe you said that eyebrows anymore.

I heard that his eyebrows will have at least 6 cameos in future dream sequences

Maybe they could find a way for a zombie to bite only his eyebrows...that would be cool.

The show is getting worse and worse. Why the hell do they let that stupid little **** Carl talk so much?

Oh no, Rick has been gone too long, I might as well take a car by myself and crash it like an idiot!

It's getting lame. Time to kill off Carl, that stupid blonde, and that anorexic hoo-er.

The show is getting worse and worse. Why the hell do they let that stupid little **** Carl talk so much?

Oh no, Rick has been gone too long, I might as well take a car by myself and crash it like an idiot!

It's getting lame. Time to kill off Carl, that stupid blonde, and that anorexic hoo-er.

as stated before, i have only seen the last 3 or 4 episodes. i have really enjoyed them.

the little kid is annoying. when he was playing with the zombie, you knew the zombie would probably get loose. that scene accelerated my heart a bit. (no, not scared)

i can see how some dialogue might be repetitive and annoying. but i still REALLY LOVE this show.

Tonight I'm with you again...needs more Darabont.

One of the things I really have not liked about S2 is how at times some of the shows feel like "filler" material. They'll have like 20 mins here and there of some really cool stuff, but then other times it's just ridiculous how so little can actually take place. I thought the pacing of S1 was fantastic, and it's one of the things about the show that I fell in love with. Not sure what has happened since, but I wish they'd stop being so inconsistent. There have been several times this season when I've found my mind wandering, and that never happened at all last year.

The real pity is there is so much potential they don't use. Find a plane and fly it somewhere. Find a tank and drive it somewhere. No we will use the whole episode to chat about personal relationships :wallbash:

The real pity is there is so much potential they don't use. Find a plane and fly it somewhere. Find a tank and drive it somewhere. No we will use the whole episode to chat about personal relationships :wallbash:

Exactly...that's the element from S1 that's completely absent. In S1 we had a small camp that was compromised in all directions and you never knew what was going to come out of the woods. When they would wander into the city, again, no idea what was coming and from where. They finally get to the CDC building...looks abandoned...wonder what's up? There is NONE of that this season. It's more like a solemn episode of hee-haw at times than it is the Walking Dead. GET OFF THE FARKIN FARM already. Throw them back out into survival mode...take some people out...have more awesomeness like the half zombie lady crawling along the ground from the S1 premiere...I know it's a dead horse, but no WAY Darabont would have let this happen...

agreed, with all this "stuck on the farm filler material" where they chat about personal relationships, it seems like they are trying to set up for a 5 or more season show, but with all this lack of action/ANYTHING happening nonsense this show wont last that long..im about to say the show jumped the shark unless they move on from this BS in the next ep or two (realistically though, they stay on this farm until the last ep of this season when they either get overrun by zombies or another group and decide to "get outta dodge") - snooze fest

ps. - I hope the baby comes out black and we find out how much of a skank ricks wife really was, hahaha

agreed, with all this "stuck on the farm filler material" where they chat about personal relationships, it seems like they are trying to set up for a 5 or more season show, but with all this lack of action/ANYTHING happening nonsense this show wont last that long..im about to say the show jumped the shark unless they move on from this BS in the next ep or two (realistically though, they stay on this farm until the last ep of this season when they either get overrun by zombies or another group and decide to "get outta dodge") - snooze fest

ps. - I hope the baby comes out black and we find out how much of a skank ricks wife really was, hahaha

Like I've said before, I don't mind concentrating on the characters but they need more depth. This week we found out Andrea was a civil rights attorney and that Glen's parent emigrated from Korea to Michigan. But that's really it. Poor T-Dog had one line and even that was interrupted. I think we all agree they have to get off the farm. This was a horrible missed opportunity to develop the story. That was a pretty good zombie in this episode. I was surprised he was so spry to attack Dale with such vigor after gorging on that beef. After a dinner at Morton's I'm woozy for at least 12 hours.

:lol:

There's been some talk that an actor has been cast in the role of The Governor. I haven't read the comics, but I've read enough about them on the web that this will probably mean they'll leave or be forced off the farm by the end of this season. So there's that.

I loved this show in S1 BECAUSE it was thoughtless. The mention of finding a tank or plane, etc would be awesome. Most of the shows I watch are ones that require some thinking or at least paying some attention. I like walking dead because it was a nice break from that. Kill zombies run from zombies. Maybe die. Rinse and repeat. I don't want deep character development but apparently the writers so. Unfortunately they're failing. Rick is a vagina, we get it. Shaved head guy is a prick. We get that. Black guy is... well token black guy. And the kid is a puke. Do we have to reiterate those EVERY episode? Thank God there's only 2 left. When does sons of anarchy start back up? Now THERES a show!

Like I've said before, I don't mind concentrating on the characters but they need more depth. This week we found out Andrea was a civil rights attorney and that Glen's parent emigrated from Korea to Michigan. But that's really it. Poor T-Dog had one line and even that was interrupted. I think we all agree they have to get off the farm. This was a horrible missed opportunity to develop the story. That was a pretty good zombie in this episode. I was surprised he was so spry to attack Dale with such vigor after gorging on that beef. After a dinner at Morton's I'm woozy for at least 12 hours.

:lol:

There's been some talk that an actor has been cast in the role of The Governor. I haven't read the comics, but I've read enough about them on the web that this will probably mean they'll leave or be forced off the farm by the end of this season. So there's that.

T-Dog had more lines in the previews for next week's episode, than he has had all season...I predict he gets killed before the season is over.

Total spoiler that is out there now. Don't click if you don't want to know.

Shane is killed in the next two episodes, probably the season finale. Google "AMC Walking Dead huge spoiler" for details, but it was some copy for the Blu-rays that mentioned his "last episode". Also, Jon Bernthal has been signed to star in Frank Darabont's next project "L.A. Noir".

In the comics, Shane had already been shot by Carl when Shane was pointed a gun at Rick. So this probably could have been expected.

But still...

I loved this show in S1 BECAUSE it was thoughtless. The mention of finding a tank or plane, etc would be awesome. Most of the shows I watch are ones that require some thinking or at least paying some attention. I like walking dead because it was a nice break from that. Kill zombies run from zombies. Maybe die. Rinse and repeat. I don't want deep character development but apparently the writers so. Unfortunately they're failing. Rick is a vagina, we get it. Shaved head guy is a prick. We get that. Black guy is... well token black guy. And the kid is a puke. Do we have to reiterate those EVERY episode? Thank God there's only 2 left. When does sons of anarchy start back up? Now THERES a show!

Amen, Stojan.

Speaking of Anarchy, I finally got around to watching the pilot. I started watching Weeds, but honestly this feels like a chick show so far (wtf?)...so I'm going to keep watching SoA since I know a lot of you guys are high on it.

There needs to be more zombie mayhem going on soon! Aj, the other night I watched weeds for the first time. 5 episodes, tried to get into it because I heard it's good but not sure I can get to another episode although I might try. It's almost too chickish. Mary Louise-Parker is growing on me tho. Got Boardwalk Empire (just finished first episode) and on the 2nd and so far it's fantastic. Walking Dead needs more violence. It's a zombie show for goodness sake! :)

Edited by Pilsner

There needs to be more zombie mayhem going on soon! Aj, the other night I watched weeds for the first time. 5 episodes, tried to get into it because I heard it's good but not sure I can get to another episode although I might try. It's almost too chickish. Mary Louise-Parker is growing on me tho. Got Boardwalk Empire (just finished first episode) and on the 2nd and so far it's fantastic. Walking Dead needs more violence. It's a zombie show for goodness sake! :)

It totally does...I didn't see that coming, cause others I know seem to really like Weeds. I've never seen Elizabeth Perkins looking that hot before, and I like some of the cast, but I don't think this is really for me. I think I'm going to give Boardwalk a shot after I see how much interest I end up having in Sons of Anarchy. Thanks for the reminder about that one...I'm a huge Buscemi fan :thumbsup:

"Boardwalk Empire" gets better and better...it really picks up about halfway through the first season, and the second season is great all the way through.

I have watched "Weeds" from the begining, and it is a mixed bag. After the first season, it really starts hurling in a million different directions. What is consistent about it, the dialouge is always great (so even when the story goes off the rails, it is still very witty), and Mary Louise Parker gets hotter and hotter...she will definitely "grow on you". All that said, the season that just ended (season 7) was really bad...a huge, unfocused, mess. I wish that had been the end, but I hear that they are going to have another season. Seasons five and six were extremely dark, and not everyones cup of tea, but I thought they were brilliant.

"Walking Dead" is a mixed bag too...I really liked the first season, and like some things about the second season...but I thought this past weeks episode (Dale's demise) was probably the worst episode yet. I don't mind that there isn't a ton of zombie action...but they need much better writing for a character driven show. These characters just don't develop. Only the kid, Carl (who seems to be on everyones' hate list now) goes through any real change.

Funny, there are a few shows ("Walking Dead", "Dexter", "Californication" and "The Killing") that I have watched from the begining. With all of them, I liked the concepts, and they started off strong, but just fail to deliver. I think I can refrain from wathching "The Killing" (what a pos that show turned out to be), but though I want to stop wasting my time on "Dexter", I don't know if I will be able to resist...hate that I am now feeling the same way about "Walking Dead". Thank god "Mad Men" returns soon!

Aj Im a big Buscemi fan as well. Buftex I'm looking forward to Boardwalk Empire even getting better. I think I'll give Weeds another shot simply for the fact that Mary Louise-Parker is getting hotter and hotter in my book (ok really hot). I think it's her smile that really seals the deal. Damn what a vixenous smile!

Mad Men is a superb show. Might have to purchase the whole series when it's all out.

Ooh ya and to make this post pertain to The Walking Dead, T-Dog has a shot of following Dale's path simply cause he's just not getting lines lately. Hmm... but what if I'm wrong and he grows into his roll and becomes the first hero of any series to have the fewest lines ever?

Edited by Pilsner

Aj Im a big Buscemi fan as well. Buftex I'm looking forward to Boardwalk Empire even getting better. I think I'll give Weeds another shot simply for the fact that Mary Louise-Parker is getting hotter and hotter in my book (ok really hot). I think it's her smile that really seals the deal. Damn what a vixenous smile!

Mad Men is a superb show. Might have to purchase the whole series when it's all out.

Ooh ya and to make this post pertain to The Walking Dead, T-Dog has a shot of following Dale's path simply cause he's just not getting lines lately. Hmm... but what if I'm wrong and he grows into his roll and becomes the first hero of any series to have the fewest lines ever?

I give up. I have watched most-maybe all of WD and who is T-dog?

Lol Jim, even tho WD makes an effort for character developement, I can't recall most of their character names. In this thread I've heard of the black dude referred to as T-Dog. I can't remember his real name so that's why I called him T-Dog too. There ya have it.

On a side note I find it interesting who posts at certain times due mostly to the time differences and also because of people going to sleep early or just staying up cause they can.

Lol Jim, even tho WD makes an effort for character developement, I can't recall most of their character names. In this thread I've heard of the black dude referred to as T-Dog. I can't remember his real name so that's why I called him T-Dog too. There ya have it.

On a side note I find it interesting who posts at certain times due mostly to the time differences and also because of people going to sleep early or just staying up cause they can.

I've long noticed most of the posts on here are between 8am-5pm ET-when they are at "work?"