Walking Dead

ajzepp

26 minutes in.

For !@#$ sake what happened to this show that was so very good last season?

Why do I keep watching then? I really don't know. All of the "action" or ANYTHING that's happened this season could fit into 1 great season 1 episode.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there I go running my mouth again :) FINALLY a great at least part of the show. The last half hour was GREAT!

You could see it coming...but it was a pretty strong half hour...the final scene was pretty chilling...I think they are finally going to get off the farm!

I have some serious questions, but I will hold back a day or two, to make sure everyone has seen it...

You could see it coming...but it was a pretty strong half hour...the final scene was pretty chilling...I think they are finally going to get off the farm!

I have some serious questions, but I will hold back a day or two, to make sure everyone has seen it...

3rd attempt at a post ...... Great Episode! Nice to see Rick shed his Vagina . Wondering f the recently dead coming back has anything to do with what the cdc guy whispered to Rick??

Next episode looks manic

Looks like Rick is starting to grow a set. Nice to see everyone in a hurry to prepare for more zombies but they should've been doing this a while ago.

I like how that Mad Men commercial tries to get the WD crowd :)

I would place it as a strong 1 minute.

Looks like Rick is starting to grow a set. Nice to see everyone in a hurry to prepare for more zombies but they should've been doing this a while ago.

I like how that Mad Men commercial tries to get the WD crowd :)

Yes, that was really reaching, huh? I cannot wait for "Mad Men" to start again! Somehow, I don't think they will get a lot of the same viewers...but some! I will be one of them... "Mad Men" is one of my very favorites, all time.

It appears that they are figuring out some new patterns to people dying, and re-generating, but they aren't letting us in on it. If the kid that Shayne killed turned into a zombie, relatively quickly, with no bites, the zombie population could become limitless... a few weeks ago they were saying something about "scratches" vs "bites"... that was a pretty cool visual at the end, the hillside covered with a massive zombie herd...

Madmen is one of my favs too Buftex. I'm curious as well about how the kid turned into a zombie after Shane broke his neck.

Almost finished watching the episode. Looking forward to that zombie heard :) Finally things are getting spiced up!

Damn. Finally Rick did what needed to be done. Shane pushed him to it but Rick didn't wuss out. That would suck to have to kill a friend/former close friend like that tho.

Damnit it's going to be Rorke's Drift modern now with that zombie heard coming.

Time for them to start stacking those mealie boxes pronto!

Edited by Pilsner

26 minutes in.

For !@#$ sake what happened to this show that was so very good last season?

Why do I keep watching then? I really don't know. All of the "action" or ANYTHING that's happened this season could fit into 1 great season 1 episode.

I had the exact same thought at the exact same point. When I was sitting here watching that scene where the asian kid was working on the stupid camper talking to that blonde, I was just about swearing at the TV..this came after those riveting scenes were the few of them were trying to figure out who was goign to sleep on the couch and who would get the bed...I couldn't believe that I was having to watch this crap. Then it finally turned around in the second half and culminated with a very intense sequence of events. Looks like the finale next week will be non-stop badassery, but overall I'd have to say this season didn't live up to expectations at all. I hope the finale goes a long way toward redeeming the show and sets us up for a thrilling S3.

Madmen is one of my favs too Buftex. I'm curious as well about how the kid turned into a zombie after Shane broke his neck.

Almost finished watching the episode. Looking forward to that zombie heard :) Finally things are getting spiced up!

Damn. Finally Rick did what needed to be done. Shane pushed him to it but Rick didn't wuss out. That would suck to have to kill a friend/former close friend like that tho.

Damnit it's going to be Rorke's Drift modern now with that zombie heard comin .

Time for them to start stacking those mealie boxes pronto!

Shane turned zombie in 5 secs. Really thought the kid was going to shoot Rick. Crossbow guy is without question my favorite character.

Jim, I agree, crossbow guy (I think his name is Darryl) is my favorite character too. Glenn is 2nd now but Darryl is no.1 by far.

Farmers daughter/Maggie better stick around a while. She's got some spunk to her. I'm curious to see how blondie reacts to Shanes demise.

I loved how they walked and walked and ultimately ended up within sight of the farmhouse. Also is anyone ever going to watch Carl?

lol you're right, after so much walking through the woods they ended up being a skip and a hop from the farm house. Practically on the outskirts of the front yard. How many people here care about Carl? To me he's been an annoyance. That kid is so random he really does need to be watched in some way or another. With his change of pace mentality he could easily have shot both Rick and Shane.

Just seems [Darryl] like someone you would want on your side in a tough spot. All businesses, get er done. That Korean kid though :doh:

lol I hear ya on Glenn/Korean kid. He has a ways to go but I think he'll turn into something. Darryl on the other hand is all about survival. The group better be taking constant pointers from him. Darryl has issues like everyone, but he's got what it takes to make it and in this scenario his abilitites are what count the most.

lol I hear ya on Glenn/Korean kid. He has a ways to go but I think he'll turn into something. Darryl on the other hand is all about survival. The group better be taking constant pointers from him. Darryl has issues like everyone, but he's got what it takes to make it and in this scenario his abilitites are what count the most.

I really thought Glenn was going to be more interesting. Did he not save Dale in episode 1? In the city? Now he just seems like a 5th wheel.

I really thought Glenn was going to be more interesting. Did he not save Dale in episode 1? In the city? Now he just seems like a 5th wheel.

yeah and he saved Rick too

what about T-Dog? :unsure:

Now that it seems like most of the main players in this thread have chimed in, let me ask:

Did anyone else get the feeling that Shayne wanted Rick to kill him? The writing on this show is pretty erratic so it is hard to tell what the motivation is of the characters sometimes...but you remember that (awesome) scene a few weeks ago, where Shayne was just staring out the window at the business-man "walker" in the field...was that a euphimism for Shayne realizing that he is no better than a zombie at this point, always on the outside of the group? The proverbial "man standing in the field"? When Shayne talks to Randy (the names on this show kill me) in the barn, he seems to be going through some inner-turmoil. Was it Laurie givning him some "false hope" that they could be together again, or was it the realization of how miserable his existence was in this world? Don't know why he just didn't try to stay hooked up with the blonde lady...as annoying as she is!

Anyway, if you are an original "Star Trek" nerd like I was (as a lad) hard not to draw a parallel between Kirk/Spock/McCoy and Rick/Shayne/Dale. On the old Trek show, it was more obvious, but Spock was supposed to be the logical, rooted one, while McCoy was the emotional, humanist...Kirk was supposed to embody the best of both of them. Shayne, for as unstable as he was, was more often right than wrong, and focused...Dale was always concerned about the group losing their humanity...while Rick tries to balance what is best for the group, and what is best for the individual. Well, Spock and McCoy are now dead!

yeah and he saved Rick too

what about T-Dog? :unsure:

If spoiler guy was right, and 3 regular characters die before the end of the season, could T-Dog be the third? Would anyone notice? Or will it be Herschel?

Edited by Buftex

I had the exact same thought at the exact same point. When I was sitting here watching that scene where the asian kid was working on the stupid camper talking to that blonde, I was just about swearing at the TV..this came after those riveting scenes were the few of them were trying to figure out who was goign to sleep on the couch and who would get the bed...I couldn't believe that I was having to watch this crap. Then it finally turned around in the second half and culminated with a very intense sequence of events. Looks like the finale next week will be non-stop badassery, but overall I'd have to say this season didn't live up to expectations at all. I hope the finale goes a long way toward redeeming the show and sets us up for a thrilling S3.

glenn is a biatch! the scene of what was going on by the camper didnt bother me. glens character bothers me. that fine chick tells him, "leave you stuff in my room" he passes on that..... hes getting on my nerves. i hope she gives up on him (i think her name is maggie). she's cute too.

another scene where i was thinking AGAIN? ricks girl calls shane from his work just to tell him sorry for their affair. again??? everytime she sees him she tells him sorry for the relationship or how it was wrong.... this time, i guess it was relevant for the finale as shane implied that he was suffering without her and her affection. but at the time of the shane/lady conversation i did think it was a little overkill.

overall i still love the show. crazy ending and crazy nice shot of the zombies heading their way.

*spoilers for the most recent episode don't read if you haven't watched*

Well it's pretty obvious at this point that the virus is airborne and they're all infected. Zombie bites just kill you, you turn into a zombie whether you die of that or not b/c I guess the airborne virus is in all their brains already? This must be what the scientist told Rick at the end of S1 (even though Rick seems to not act like he knows that...). So...I wonder what that means for a baby? That will likely be a topic of next season....a baby growing w/ the virus as it grows...