Walking Dead

ajzepp

I feel ya but I love the show too much to not be geeked. I like the addition of the new group, especially the dude from the wire. Seeing Carl's maturation into a cold calculated leader is frankly not surprising. Ricks inability to let the past go got their new prison buddy killed. Andrea's lack of urgency when it comes to her bed pal is annoying. The Merl and Darryl dynamic is awesome and the more Michonne the better.

I was really excited and yelped, "Hey, there's Cutty!" I think my favorite scene with him on the wire was when he was giving Avon the hard-sell on being a platinum level donor for his boxing gym. Avon was saying that he couldn't have his name on anything like that. Cutty was all disappointed and Avon asked just what the price was and Cutty replied, "Ten thousand." Avon looked at Slim Charles and had that "What?" face and said, "Break off 15 for my man and if you need anything you come talk to me." Great scene.

Neat to have some new folks around but I suspect that the kid whose mom was bitten will vie for Beth's affection. Nice to have Shane back if just for a second. Michonne dispatching the governor's daughter was cool. That was quite a battle there. It sure doesn't look too good for Merle & Daryl, although

We did see Daryl in the previews at the end.

I also liked the conversation between Axel & Carol. As long as Axel gets a couple of lines every episode he should stay around just for comic relief.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case people don't like watching those clips, I'll throw it in spoiler tags:

They showed him and others (I want to say Herschel) running away from walkers inside the prison. He yelled out "you have to leave her". So that means either Carol, Beth, or the baby. I hope its just someone left locked in a cell that is surrounded by walkers and not someone who is dead. Killing off Carol or the baby would just seem cruel at this point. But if it was Herschel he yelled it to, it would probably be Beth left behind, and she adds very little to the show at this point. Still, Herschel potentially losing both of his daughters (at least in his mind) over the course of two episodes would be a tough pill to swallow.

Nope.

I had it dvr'ed and didn't get to watch until last night but here is my reaction:

Start of the show had new black characters so I knew the guy from the prison was dying. It seems like they only keep 1 black guy around. When the prisoner joined the group T died, new black people - prisoner dies. Not insinuating racism just funny that the black guy always dies stereotype is perpetuated :lol:

Seriously Andrea? I don't hate her though I know many do but she couldn't speak up when she saw Daryl? She knows who he is and that they aren't "terrorists." I also don't understand why Merle didn't blow the lid off the whole thing. All he had to do was bring up any of the terrible things the Governor has ordered including the national guard killings, keeping his daughter, and the wall of heads which leads me to my next point. She has no issue with a wall of heads? She relied on Michone who got her to safety after season 2 and was protected by her only to pull a gun on her because the governor was about to be killed? Did she fall that fast and not even question what was happening or why? The talk the governor gave her to smooth things over was not very convincing but for her it was okay?

Good episode with a good cliffhanger for the winter break but dammit some of these people are infuriating.

I was really excited and yelped, "Hey, there's Cutty!" I think my favorite scene with him on the wire was when he was giving Avon the hard-sell on being a platinum level donor for his boxing gym. Avon was saying that he couldn't have his name on anything like that. Cutty was all disappointed and Avon asked just what the price was and Cutty replied, "Ten thousand." Avon looked at Slim Charles and had that "What?" face and said, "Break off 15 for my man and if you need anything you come talk to me." Great scene.

Neat to have some new folks around but I suspect that the kid whose mom was bitten will vie for Beth's affection. Nice to have Shane back if just for a second. Michonne dispatching the governor's daughter was cool. That was quite a battle there. It sure doesn't look too good for Merle & Daryl, although

We did see Daryl in the previews at the end.

I also liked the conversation between Axel & Carol. As long as Axel gets a couple of lines every episode he should stay around just for comic relief.

i believe the line was "whaaatt? slim, give dat nigga 15" : )

great cutty scene for sure

That was the last episode for the season?

It was called the "half-season" finale. According to the folks on "Talking Dead", the 2nd half of season 3 will begin on February 10, 2013.

i believe the line was "whaaatt? slim, give dat nigga 15" : )

great cutty scene for sure

I couldn't find a clip on YouTube anywhere. Just that look that Avon & Slim Charles gave each other was priceless. Omar was probably the most popular character but I always liked the way Avon carried himself.

Edited by HopsGuy

• 2 months later...

rick is such a terrible actor....its ALMOST killing the show for me

I truly wish HBO or Showtime would pick up on the zombie or just end of the world trend right now and put out an amazing post apocalyptic show...

I have to respectfully disagree. I think Andrew Lincoln is a good actor who overacts at times. The actress who plays Andrea, on the other hand, is painful to watch. She's actually killing certain scenes for me. When she talks, I cringe. When she acts tough I laugh. When she took her clothes off...I was o.k. with that.

I have to respectfully disagree. I think Andrew Lincoln is a good actor who overacts at times. The actress who plays Andrea, on the other hand, is painful to watch. She's actually killing certain scenes for me. When she talks, I cringe. When she acts tough I laugh. When she took her clothes off...I was o.k. with that.

overacts every scene, yes I agree : )

Andrea I agree is also terrible....

if this show was on HBO/showtime they could afford some good acting and make the show incredible...

dont get me wrong, I mostly enjoy the show and will watch it until its completion, I just wonder every week "what could be" with better cast/some money and effects

overacts every scene, yes I agree : )

Andrea I agree is also terrible....

if this show was on HBO/showtime they could afford some good acting and make the show incredible...

dont get me wrong, I mostly enjoy the show and will watch it until its completion, I just wonder every week "what could be" with better cast/some money and effects

I am always amazed by how disjointed and draggy the bigger action sequences on this show are...the whole Darryl VS Merle showdown was a thud...the action never seems to flow...can't put my finger on it, but, I absolutely agree with you...I enjoy the show pretty much, but I always think it could be much better. When an episode is over, I rarely find myself wanting to see another right away...

I think last week's attack has to snap Rick out of his battle with insanity. We have what, 6 episodes left? That's not a whole lot of time to still deal with the insanity all while building up enough people for the war with the governor. Right now they have Rick, Daryl, Merle, and Glenn. I'm not sure how much Carl, Maggie, and Carol can offer other than tower watch duty. We really don't know how many able bodied fighters the governor has either, but Rick needs to at least bring in Tyrese's people to even stand a chance here.

And then of course there's still the issues with whether or not they can trust Merle. Oh, and how much does Michone offer in a gun battle? We know she's good up close, but if bullets are flying across the fences, is she useful?

I think last week's attack has to snap Rick out of his battle with insanity. We have what, 6 episodes left? That's not a whole lot of time to still deal with the insanity all while building up enough people for the war with the governor. Right now they have Rick, Daryl, Merle, and Glenn. I'm not sure how much Carl, Maggie, and Carol can offer other than tower watch duty. We really don't know how many able bodied fighters the governor has either, but Rick needs to at least bring in Tyrese's people to even stand a chance here.

And then of course there's still the issues with whether or not they can trust Merle. Oh, and how much does Michone offer in a gun battle? We know she's good up close, but if bullets are flying across the fences, is she useful?

I'd place her outside the fence for some guerrilla war tactics. I don't have the same problem with Andrea as most here do, probably because I'm just looking at her breasts the whole time. The Govenor on the other hand? Total soap opera actor.

Edited by inkman