Strange NFLPA move

Mr. WEO

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5882717

What's with these guys?? It's only December and they are done negotiating?

Keystone cops running that organization. The best part is they are making their members pump out talking points like "we will lose our health insurance" with images of babies being born into uncovered destitution.

The fact that it is just occurring to the players now that they need to prepare for a work stoppage shows just how !@#$ed they really are. The owners are going to bend them over and give it to them dry before all of this is said and done.

Its kinda like telling someone to go buy a shovel after the snow has started falling.

But, why the NFLPA would decide now to stop negotiating is beyond me.

It's a ploy that worked successfully for them last time. But like last time, it's not set in stone.

How can they come back to the table now? "We were just kidding"?

The NFLPA is simply scaring it's less intelligent members at this point. It's a lame attempt to drive public sentiment in their favor. No one cares.

Fans want football and the players have clearly positioned themselves as the ones who won't bargain and who will stop football from happening. How is this going to work for them? When did it work for them?

Edited by Mr. WEO

How can they come back to the table now? "We were just kidding"?

The NFLPA is simply scaring it's less intelligent members at this point. It's a lame attempt to drive public sentiment in their favor. No one cares.

Fans want football and the players have clearly positioned themselves as the ones who won't bargain and who will stop football from happening. How is this going to work for them?/

Scaring their less intelligent members...to what end? To accept what the owners have offered? To take up arms against the owners?

No, it's an attempt to scare the owners back to the negotiating table (they can say "the owners have made significant concessions"). So too was scattering Smith's letter in teams' facilities. The owners apparently learned from their last mistake and got their spit together well before the FA deadline.

Edited by Doc

They have been told to "save their last 3 game paychecks"? What exactly have they been doing with all their other paychecks then? Just blowing them? They make it sound like being laid off for a year is going to be tough. Even the NFL's lowest paid player will make more in 1 year than many fans will make in their whole lifetime. These people disgust me.

Edited by kas23

Scaring their less intelligent members...to what end? To accept what the owners have offered? To take up arms against the owners?

No, it's an attempt to scare the owners back to the negotiating table (they can say "the owners have made significant concessions"). So too was scattering Smith's letter in teams' facilities. The owners apparently learned from their last mistake and got their spit together well before the FA deadline.

They are "scaring" the owners back to the table by announcing they are leaving the table form good? The League is laughing at this "internal" letter.

Any "concessions" will be public--we will all see who made concessions, so that's nonsense. They are trying to fool their members into thinking they in a position of strength so they won't cave, as they did the last time they instigated an ill-fated "action".

F*** it. Break their backs. Go Regan on their ass and fire them all. I'd be fine with replacements. Fact is, I'd trust the Bills scouting dept. more when it comes to evaluating no name players-- 7th rd picks and undrafted FA's. I know we could put together a competitive team. So, lets play with off the street scrubs.

I would kill to make the kind of money that even practice squad players make. Not to mention, they get great health insurance too. F*** these whine as5es- nothing more than overpaid man children who have never had to grow up because they've always been the king of the manor.

I have never understood why the NFL really just could not draft all new players? You know the UFL has plenty of vets and why can't they just draft out of college, field a bunch of lackluster teams for a few years with scabs of UFLer's and college players. You know the owners would allow for a much better union, rookie caps, etc. Why can't this happen?

Plus, I remember seeing where the NFLPA wants the owners to open up their books. I mean, really?!

They are "scaring" the owners back to the table by announcing they are leaving the table form good? The League is laughing at this "internal" letter.

Any "concessions" will be public--we will all see who made concessions, so that's nonsense. They are trying to fool their members into thinking they in a position of strength so they won't cave, as they did the last time they instigated an ill-fated "action".

I guess you missed this post and the article linked in it:

Based on this letter and report (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ca0a43/article/nflpa-to-players-save-your-pay-for-possible-2011-lockout?module=HP_headlines) I dont think we're going to be watching Fitzpatrick and the Bills next season... I hope I'm wrong, but this is looking really bad...

Here is the important part of that article:

[NFLPA spokesman George] Atallah tweeted that the letter provided "an internal deadline to prepare, not for CBA negotiations." He also revealed that the league and union met Friday.

So much for "leaving the table for good" nonsense, not that the article you linked said that anywhere. Again, it's a ploy and it was silly to believe that they had already determined to end negotiations this early.

As for your "position of strength" nonsense, :lol:! "Save your last 3 paychecks dummies because you might not get any money for awhile and your health insurance will be gone, while the owners will still get their TV money. But we're in a position of strength I tell you!"

Edited by Doc

I thought the NFLPA had already had its members vote themselves out of the union. Who do they represent? B-)

(Edit: From context, it appears that they haven't actually de-certified, though teams voted on this earlier in the year.)

As far as the health insurance, the article clearly suggests that the union ran the numbers on paying for 2000+ players and their family's health insurance, balked, and is now pointing the finger at the owners.

I guess you missed this post and the article linked in it:

Here is the important part of that article:

So much for "leaving the table for good" nonsense, not that the article you linked said that anywhere. Again, it's a ploy and it was silly to believe that they had already determined to end negotiations this early.

As for your "position of strength" nonsense, :lol:! "Save your last 3 paychecks dummies because you might not get any money for awhile and your health insurance will be gone, while the owners will still get their TV money. But we're in a position of strength I tell you!"

The twitter "explanation" from Atallah came AFTER the letter was made public. AFTER it was mocked by the League.

The memo is clearly meant to tell the players, "save your money, we're playing hardball". You missed all that.

The twitter "explanation" from Atallah came AFTER the letter was made public. AFTER it was mocked by the League.

The memo is clearly meant to tell the players, "save your money, we're playing hardball". You missed all that.

Wow. Just, wow.

So then, what about that meeting between the owners and union on Friday, two days after the letter surfaced? Was it the union meeting with the owners to tell them they decided to stop meeting with them two days earlier?