Bills claim Dallas TE Scott Chandler

FluffHead

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always heard that the way to the Super Bowl is to be able to spot journeyman players that other teams don't want. Sweet!

I always enjoy some good sarcasm, and I don't disagree, BUT... you'll never strike gold without panning for it. This guy might be fodder or he might be a HUGE piece to this team. No better way to find out than trying him out. I mean 6' 7" 275lbs?? DAMN!

Yeah that Nix is a genius when it comes to picking up fringe players off practice squads!

How did that Merriman "steal" work out?

I've always heard that the way to the Super Bowl is to be able to spot journeyman players that other teams don't want. Sweet!

How did that Steve Tasker steal work out?

This is why I like Nix....we see eye to eye on how to run a football team.....

This team SERIOUSLY needs a TE who can actually block......the difference between a 2 yard gain and a 30 yard gain on the ground has a lot to do with someone making one key block down the field that allows a runninger like CJ Spiller to get into open space.....

and of course Freddie Jackson

I'm just happy he was awake long enough to realize they needed a TE. B-)

LOl ..i can imagine how that went prob went down.

Chan: Buddy wake up!

Nix: Ehhh? Whaat?

Chan: We need a TE.

Nix: Ehhh? What?

Chan: TE!

Nix: Ehh? Tea? Yes please.

Chan: No. We need you to find us a tight end!

Nix: Ehh? Tight end? Did you try Ex-lax?

Chan: No No. We need you to sign us a tight end.

Nix: Ehh! Well why didn't you say so?!

Bills claim waived Cowboys TE

So the Bills:

1. Tried to sign TE Rucker off the Cowboys practice squad

2. Cowboys respond with an offer to put Rucker on active roster, which he accepts

3. To make room, the Cowboys waive TE Chandler, with the intent of placing him on practice squad, essentially intending to swap roster spots between Rucker and Chandler

4. Chandler was a draft pick (4th) by the Chargers a few years ago, when Nix was there. From BuffaloBills.com

Did Nix get the man he wanted all along?

This is probably more interesting than the truth, anyway, so why not speculate?

kj

Sounds like it... also goes along with when Nix signed that other OL. Stating that he now had three of the best OL from that draft. The man does have a plan.

I think you guys are reading WAY too much into this. So what would have happened if Dallas didn't make the switch? Nix would have had to put a player on his main roster that he didn't want? Most likely he wanted Rucker, but when he wasn't available he took Chandler who he also likes. Ask yourself too, why would Dallas have made the TE switch in the first place when the Bills put in the claim? Because they thought, after working with both players, that Rucker was the better of the two. Were they right? Who knows, but I wouldn't count on either player making a big impact on their respective teams.

this is right on the money. what if dallas gave us rucker? then nix got nixxxed! lol.

ps. not that you need any defending. but i dont think you did anything really wrong here.

That's some posters' role. If anyone ever dares to be positive about the team, they must step up and try their best to kill that hope. Sounds like a great way to spend your time. :thumbsup:

Actually, I had hoped through the use of emoticons that my post would have come across as a humorous one to SB. I was simply tring to bust (in a small way) his chops a bit.

Yeah that Nix is a genius when it comes to picking up fringe players off practice squads!

How did that Merriman "steal" work out?

Merriman wasn't on a practice squad.. otherwise your post might have made sense. No actually it wouldn't.. since we also have a bit of production from our players signed off practice squads..

Bills claim waived Cowboys TE

So the Bills:

1. Tried to sign TE Rucker off the Cowboys practice squad

2. Cowboys respond with an offer to put Rucker on active roster, which he accepts

3. To make room, the Cowboys waive TE Chandler, with the intent of placing him on practice squad, essentially intending to swap roster spots between Rucker and Chandler

4. Chandler was a draft pick (4th) by the Chargers a few years ago, when Nix was there. From BuffaloBills.com

Did Nix get the man he wanted all along?

This is probably more interesting than the truth, anyway, so why not speculate?

kj

I called Buddy to find out if this is true. He said, "Huh? I thought we got Rucker."

Exactly. He signs bums with names like Wrotto and Urbik. God forbid if we ever trusted those two on the right side, our already pathetic offense would resemble a Pop Warner offense (and thats being generous). Don't even get me started on no names like Donald Jones and David Nelson ....

+1,000,000