Hines Ward calls out the league

Rob's House

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5871501

They don't care about the safety of the game. If the league was so concerned about the safety, why are you adding two more games on? You talk about you don't want players to drink ... and all you see is beer commercials. You don't want us to gamble, but then there are [NFL-endorsed lottery scratch-off games].

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he makes valid points. Andre johnson got fined 25k for throwing three haymakers while harrison got fined 25k for what last year (or even earlier this year) would have been a legal hit. The nfl is very hypocritical and kudos to ward for saying such.

I think he makes valid points. Andre johnson got fined 25k for throwing three haymakers while harrison got fined 25k for what last year (or even earlier this year) would have been a legal hit. The nfl is very hypocritical and kudos to ward for saying such.

I think the Johnson thing is out of contexet. He didnt throw any haymakers anywhere. He looked like he was dusting the link off the dudes shirt. Im sure if he was throwing real punches the fine wouldve been worse.

It was about as cut and dry illegal as they come.

I think he makes a great point.....

I was expecting a 2 game suspension. What a joke.

And Harrison's fine was justified. The guy doesn't know how to not lead with his head down. Keep fining him until he learns.

You want to make a point. Suspend him. Then his wallet gets hit too

Ward is just pissed because he's no longer allowed to make cheap, blindside crackback shots on unsuspecting defenders in effort to protray himself as a tough guy. If there was ever a real fight, Ward would probably punch someone in the back of the head and curl up in the fetal position when someone actually faced him.

Ward is just pissed because he's no longer allowed to make cheap, blindside crackback shots on unsuspecting defenders in effort to protray himself as a tough guy. If there was ever a real fight, Ward would probably punch someone in the back of the head and curl up in the fetal position when someone actually faced him.

Ward jsut stands out because the rest of the receivers are kitty cats. He blocks the way you're suppose to block. Crack back blocks are 100% legal and a part of the game. But too many players are buddy-buddy and don't play the game the right way.

I'd take Ward any day on my team. My favorite non-Bill in the league. There's a reason he has 2 rings while "divas" like Moss, TO, 85, etc. have none.

He makes some excellent points about how hypocritical the NFL is.

The whole bull **** with Kenny and his bowling ball for example.

The NFL stated they wanted a wholesome family friendly environment at the games. Yet they are happy to sell you as much alcohol as you want to buy inside the stadium.

The NFL states that the safety of the players is a big concern. Yet they sell "greatest hit" DVDs celebrating the violent nature of the game.

The NFL thinks far too much of itself. On a world scale they are nothing. The way game attendance is going for a lot of teams combined with the never ending greed of the NFL owners and players leads me to believe a implosion might not be too far off. I for one cannot wait for that to happen so maybe these !@#$s will come back down to earth.

He makes some excellent points about how hypocritical the NFL is.

The whole bull **** with Kenny and his bowling ball for example.

The NFL stated they wanted a wholesome family friendly environment at the games. Yet they are happy to sell you as much alcohol as you want to buy inside the stadium.

The NFL states that the safety of the players is a big concern. Yet they sell "greatest hit" DVDs celebrating the violent nature of the game.

The NFL thinks far too much of itself. On a world scale they are nothing. The way game attendance is going for a lot of teams combined with the never ending greed of the NFL owners and players leads me to believe a implosion might not be too far off. I for one cannot wait for that to happen so maybe these !@#$s will come back down to earth.

Great points. Even more BS about this is that Andre Johnson and Finnegan didn't get suspended. But I'm sure the fact that the Texans are playing tonight on the NFL Network has nothing to do with this. :rolleyes:

JACKED UP!!!!

Ward jsut stands out because the rest of the receivers are kitty cats. He blocks the way you're suppose to block. Crack back blocks are 100% legal and a part of the game. But too many players are buddy-buddy and don't play the game the right way.

I'd take Ward any day on my team. My favorite non-Bill in the league. There's a reason he has 2 rings while "divas" like Moss, TO, 85, etc. have none.

I agree, Ward is one tough dude. He hits but he can take a hit. Would love if he was a Bill. There's not one guy on this team with his attitude.

He should shut up about his dirty teammate, though.

When two morons want to fight and hurt each other and are both willing participants, who the heck cares if they get fined or hurt? Now when you have a 275 pound linebacker leaving his feet head first into a defenseless quarterback, receiver or whatever, than a fine is deservable, so is a suspension when you have been fined 5 freaking times in one season and are to damn dumb to get the message. Mike Tomlin lost a lot of people's respect too, saying we should feel sorry for Harrison's kids, they need to go to college. Is that the dumbest thing or what? I wish I just had the money a year that he has been fined, much less his salary, of which the fine isn't even noticeable. The old man Rooney has to be turning in his grave, having always had a classy organization. They have probably the NFL's two dirtiest players, a serial rapist at quarterback and a coach who now is going to be known for saying simply retarded statements. I guess the current Steelers are no different than any other team, all that counts is winning, didn't use to be that way with that organization.

I agree, Ward is one tough dude. He hits but he can take a hit. Would love if he was a Bill. There's not one guy on this team with his attitude.

He should shut up about his dirty teammate, though.

Lee Evans has endured some of the worst quarterback play in Bills history- Bills fans should never forget it just because now he's finally diminishing...

Now when you have a 275 pound linebacker leaving his feet head first into a defenseless quarterback, receiver or whatever, than a fine is deservable,

It all comes down to what team you are a fan of.

Here it was mostly "left his feet", "helmet to head/chin", "dirty player", "suspend him" etc. etc..

Over in Steeler forums (I looked) it was all "clean hit", "facemask to chest/shoulder", "how could they even call a penalty much less a fine" etc. etc..

I am certain if it had been Poz hitting Pigben the posts on the forums would have been reversed.

Though I cannot imagine Gailey putting his foot in his mouth like Tomlin did :)

Edited by CodeMonkey