Hines Ward calls out the league

Rob's House

I think he makes valid points. Andre johnson got fined 25k for throwing three haymakers while harrison got fined 25k for what last year (or even earlier this year) would have been a legal hit. The nfl is very hypocritical and kudos to ward for saying such.

He makes one good point and then rambles on way too much and loses credibility. Without the NFL what is he doing?

Edited by Bob in STL

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Harrison made absolutely no attempt to lower his helmet on the Fitzpatrick hit. I think the league saw that as defiance. Like when you tell your child not to go outside and he starts to put his hand on the doorknob. He didn't go outside but every indication was that he was flaunting the rules.

Like the majority of NFL players and coaches ... "Paper or plastic?"

As a sidenote, there is an article that tries to associate the pay increase of NFL LBs with the decrease of Heavyweight boxers and in essence the death of boxing.

Because of that article whenever I see Woodley, Harrison, Orakpo, and Willis I just can't help but imagine them as heavyweight boxers.

If the NFL went away MMA would see an increase in gifted athletes training to become MMA fighters.

I know that's irrelevant to the thread but semi interesting.

And now Terrell Suggs joins in.

Of course, he's right. Brady and Manning do get special treatment.

As well they should. Who is buying tickets to see Terrell Suggs?

Listen to O+A? This reminds me of how every time Anthony Cumia (the star of the show) talks about maybe doing something risky, Jim Norton (bit player on the show) goes "Listen up, 'Paycheck'..Id rather you didnt do that."

Suggs needs to be reminded WHY the league favors some players.

Edited by RkFast

Get real dude. I agree with him 100%. Goodell's ruining this league. With all the extending the schedule to 18 games and trying to get 2 London games every year now. Who cares about international play? NObody outside North America cares about this sport. And if you want to eliminate concussions in this game, theres an EASY solution to the problem. Make football a 2 hand touch league.

From the responses that I have read so far, I think that most people agree with what he his complaining about,

I think that it's just the guy do the complaining is what most take umberage with. No team has been more favored

with stupid rules and the like, than the Steelers. They also have a horeshoe surgically implanted in their collective rear ends.

Edited by Cookiemonster

The funniest statement that hit me in the article, is where Ward talks about somebody losing a game

bacause of bad officiating, possibly a playoff game, hello Hines, you mean like when the officals

blew two calls in the Seattle SB? Remember that?

:worthy:

And it was more than two.

As well they should. Who is buying tickets to see Terrell Suggs?

Listen to O+A? This reminds me of how every time Anthony Cumia (the star of the show) talks about maybe doing something risky, Jim Norton (bit player on the show) goes "Listen up, 'Paycheck'..Id rather you didnt do that."

Suggs needs to be reminded WHY the league favors some players.

I think you miss the point. When Palmer got injured, he was playing at a Peyton and Brady level. Yet, the league didn't overreact until Brady got hurt or Polian started crying about his receivers getting touched. The NFL is full of double standards.

I think you miss the point. When Palmer got injured, he was playing at a Peyton and Brady level. Yet, the league didn't overreact until Brady got hurt or Polian started crying about his receivers getting touched. The NFL is full of double standards.

That is true. But still....not every player is created equally.

I will NOT argue about the double standard in the NFL. My fave...besides the whole pink uniform thing...is how they want to be "America's Game", yet Goodell has a huge hardon to do a Super Bowl outside the US.