Derek Anderson Meltdown

NaPolian8693

The cameras caught him joking around on the sidelines near the end of the blowout loss. Gruden commented that it was bad behavior. A reporter asked Anderson, and he lost control:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/11/30/derek-anderson-flies-off-the-handle-in-postgame-press-conference/

(video is at the bottom)

"That's fine. That's fine. That's fine. That's fine. That's fine."

LMAO

Gruden should mind his own business...you would think he would understand...just because a few guys laugh on the sideline, it isn't an indication that they don't care...everyone has different ways of coping...I think a whole lot is being made of nothing, in this case...or is it most cases?

Gruden should mind his own business...you would think he would understand...just because a few guys laugh on the sideline, it isn't an indication that they don't care...everyone has different ways of coping...I think a whole lot is being made of nothing, in this case...or is it most cases?

I don't know, I'd be pretty irritated if I saw Fitz or other players laughing on the sideline as we are getting our rear ends handed to us. And there was no good reason for Derek to blow up at that guy asking questions like he did. They are missing Kurt Warner more and more each game.

This is all much to do about nothing. The way that reporter kept hounding him and didn't let up made me think he's lucky Derek didn't go Dan Pastorini on him. (I looked for the video but can't find it.)

Hmmm, the reporter asked a reasonable, yet critical, question, i'm sure their fans would have loved to hear a proper answer on. Sure the question implicated the question do you even care. Instead of simply answering, waving the question off or countering it he goes ballistic, which indicates that there might even be truth behind it. Maybe his teammate said "at least we're getting a good paycheck". The reporter only hounded him because Anderson was holding a blood sausage in front of his nose.

Shows Anderson is a spoiled baby. Had everything handed to him. usually I side with the player, not this time. The press was in the right. If my HS kids have been laughing( during a blowout), I would be upset. I could deal with it on the Bus ride home. Not during a game.

That reporter was interested in creating a story by picking on Anderson, not in reporting anything meaningful.

Offcourse he was, but how often arent we complaining that our reporters dont even dare to ask questions like that?

That reporter was interested in creating a story by picking on Anderson, not in reporting anything meaningful.

Of course he was, just as reporters are interested in creating a story by blowing up Stevie Johnson's tweet.

Part of being a mature professional is dealing with the press in a mature professional way when they try to create controversy

Anderson gets an "F" for that performance.

Just tell the reporter "I care very deeply. It hurts when we lose. People deal differently, do you have any friends who crack jokes when they're hurting?"

Controversy over.

I'm surprised you all are defending the reporter.

I wish Derek would have pulled a Chris err Jim Everett and scoop slammed the D-Bag reporter.

He did answer the question.

He said he cares, he said he doesn't find it funny.

He said he is passionate about preparing.

The D-Bag Reporter should have dropped it at that point.

Question asked, question answered.

When he hounded him again, DA did the right thing in walking away as opposed to kicking the guys ass, which would have been well deserved.

I'm surprised you all are defending the reporter.

I wish Derek would have pulled a Chris err Jim Everett and scoop slammed the D-Bag reporter.

He did answer the question.

He said he cares, he said he doesn't find it funny.

He said he is passionate about preparing.

The D-Bag Reporter should have dropped it at that point.

Question asked, question answered.

When he hounded him again, DA did the right thing in walking away as opposed to kicking the guys ass, which would have been well deserved.

Agree 100 %, these reporters need to get a life, not try and make a name for himself, and that is exactly what he was

trying to do....15 minutes of fame.

Agree 100 %, these reporters need to get a life, not try and make a name for himself, and that is exactly what he was

trying to do....15 minutes of fame.

Geez, I finally watched the video. That reporter sounds like my wife. Nag, nag, nag. Can't blame him for walking out.