Official McKelvin Discussion Thread

BeastMode54

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I'd go that far. I saw two Steelers (one of them was the kicker) who could have had an angle on McKelvin once he got past Moats and the guy he was blocking. McKelvin had to slow down to get by Moats, so it's possible that one of those two Steelers could have made the play or slowed him down enough.

Ok, even if it wasn't a surefire TD the point remains that it was still a great return even with the trip, and that the fumble was the much larger error.

I just want to make it clear that if *I* was running that ball back I wouldnt have tripped.

Thank you.

Except you would have been drilled at the 15 because you were to slow to make it to the 50 and probably coughed the ball up when you were knocked out on your feet anyway, leading to a Pittsburgh Touchdown, but nice day dreaming there partner, have another one . . . :beer:

Does anyone here ever watch other NFL games? This kind of thing happens to other teams too...we just don't obssess over it as much...McKelvin as a returner is hardly something we should be scrutinizing him for.

I do have an issue with his ball security though, This isn't the first time he has fumbled a kickoff.

You're better off starting out at the 20 then coughing up a return at the 45.

I don't see why there are so many different points of view on this topic. He tripped and fell. It happens. It isn't going to change anything now anyway. They had plenty of opportunities to put that game away and they even literally let the win slip through their fingers. Just wasn't in the cards for them I guess. You can say Moats tripped McKelvin, McKelvin ran too fast but after all was said and done they were still in a position to win, went to make the play later on and failed. These are the reasons this team is 2-9. I don't blame McKelvin or Moats. It just...well...happened...:)

McKelvin lacks football knowledge.

On the touchdown pass to Rice he totally misplayed the ball. Once again he turned around much too late to locate the ball and allowed Rice to make a catch he had no business making. Nice play by Rice, but McKelvin should've at the very least swatted it away at the balls high point.

On the kickoff return, McKelvin had the ball in his wrong hand (his inside hand) and the fumble was caused as a result of him running right into the back of his blocker.

Then, just for measure, McKelvin committs PI on a 3rd down inside the 10 to ensure the Vikings walk away with 7 points rather than 3. Once again his lack of awareness and ball skills kills the Bills.

Dude needs to be benched.

Edited by Estro

Add CB to the team's needs list, if it's npot there already. McGee is 30 and his end is near. McKelvin sucks, quite honestly. Youboty, Florence and Corner are nickel backs at best. This board cringes every year abotu 5 seconds before that first pick out of fear of a CB, but if they manage to fall outside the top 10, expect to be considering one.

This guy, who I had to sit next to on a flight this summer and listen to him juggle multiple cell phones, is a mental midget.

I'll continue to say it on this board over and over. Give me intelligent players with a desire and capability to learn over athletic guys with the IQ of a mouse anyday. Guys have to be able to learn, not expect to use their physical abilities to do better next time. That works on high school and college but as we've seen with a parade or highly skilled but passionless and dumb players come through here in the last 10 years, it doesn't at the NFL level. Erik Flowers, Mike Williams,. JP Losman, McKelvin and Maybin are great examples of skilled but, frankly, stupid players.

Add CB to the team's needs list, if it's npot there already. McGee is 30 and his end is near. McKelvin sucks, quite honestly. Youboty, Florence and Corner are nickel backs at best. This board cringes every year abotu 5 seconds before that first pick out of fear of a CB, but if they manage to fall outside the top 10, expect to be considering one.

This guy, who I had to sit next to on a flight this summer and listen to him juggle multiple cell phones, is a mental midget.

I'll continue to say it on this board over and over. Give me intelligent players with a desire and capability to learn over athletic guys with the IQ of a mouse anyday. Guys have to be able to learn, not expect to use their physical abilities to do better next time. That works on high school and college but as we've seen with a parade or highly skilled but passionless and dumb players come through here in the last 10 years, it doesn't at the NFL level. Erik Flowers, Mike Williams,. JP Losman, McKelvin and Maybin are great examples of skilled but, frankly, stupid players.

I agree McKelvin has always given me the impression that he is dumber than a box of rocks did you ever hear the guy talk you can't understand a word he says.

I forget, was McKelvin responsible for 14 points or 21 points against? First, it was terrible coverage on the Rice TD, second, was his fumble on the ensuing kickoff, third, his pass-interference penalty on an over-thrown ball in the end zone which put the ball at the 2, instead of it being 4th down.

I don't ever want to see him take another kickoff or punt return in a Bills uniform EVER AGAIN!!!

I hope McKelvin gets benched and Youboty takes his spot. McKelvin is too inconsistent and his reckless style of play has cost the Bills numerous games over the last 2 years.

Is it safe to call McKelvin a bust yet...?

You figure it out...

Is it: if you're pressed into service as a kick returner because of injury and blow it like we all expected you to do anyway, you're off the team? Or is it, have one really ****ty game at CB in a 2-10 campaign and you're kicked to the curb? That's leadership!