Official Steve Johnson Love and Support Thread

seq004

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbdown: Not exactly what I was looking for.

In my world, that IS a pep talk: you shot your mouth off, you !@#$ed up. Big deal, everyone makes mistakes. End of story. Drop it and get to working on making sure it doesn't happen again.

Anything else is wallowing in it.

In my world, that IS a pep talk: you shot your mouth off, you !@#$ed up. Big deal, everyone makes mistakes. End of story. Drop it and get to working on making sure it doesn't happen again.

Alright...tough love....I can respect that.

I'm on board with this philosophy. You gotta give the guy some love but you also need to give him a kick in the ass.

If it was just the one big drop, that's a different matter -- anyone can drop one -- but he dropped passes all day long. I don't think it's a coincidence that this happened following all the hoopla over the Cincy game. He didn't have his head in the game and that's why his hands turned to stone.

Funny how this happens to Stevie and everyone rallies around to support him, yet wasn't it last year when McKelvin had his lawn vandilised for droping a kick against the Pats?

Johnson should be thankful he wasn't a first round pick. People would be calling for him to be cut.

Wah. I support him but I'm a fan and I can say that is the single worst performance I've ever seen. Given that TO lead the NFL twice with 10 drops, it is conceivable that Johnson's 7 drop performance--two game winning style--is the worst performance by a WR in NFL history.

Now get over it. Stop playing around with your sharpie. And stop believing you're "the man" just because your QB is good.

One bad day of the dropsies can't stop my man Stevie Johnson. Deep down, he knows a true Buffalo Bill just comes back twice as hard the next week.

I don't know about anybody else, but I love seeing a Bill be so emotional and passionate about this game unlike the last 10 years of the "walking dead". It will take a lot more bad games for me to get down on this guy who plays with so much heart. Shake it off Stevie!

There are very few plays in a season where one can say with all certainty if a player does or doesn't do BLANK it's a win or loss. In this game we can say for sure that if he makes that easy catch we win. But he didn't. So he is somewhat the goat

That said, it's extraordinary, how the Steelers to a man on defense were talking about him before the game, saying we have to watch him. And the sheer number of times that Fitzpatrick throws to him. That is repeatedly gets wide open. That, regardless of the drops (of which I counted six) and the fact he lost the game for us, is what is most likely to carry over.

I, for one, was not expecting Steve Johnson to be able to get open so often against the Steelers who were looking for him. The drops will happen. He will do it fairly often. There are a lot of very good wr who drop too many easy passes. But the fact he can repeatedly get open and get open deep, in overtime, is more important than the drop.

If we needed the win for a playoff spot I wouldn't say that. But Steve Johnson may turn out to be a stud based on the number of times he hit wide open against the Steelers not how many drops he had.

Or, maybe "Mauron" saw things that the average fan didn't

Ahhhhhh....nope.......really think the fans were right about Stevie. When is the last Bills receiver to go over a 1,000 yds with 10 TDs in a season which SJ will most likely do baring injury? I think he's having a great year. He had a bad game, it happens, but his season thus far has been pretty stellar.

Edited by billsfan714

I look at it this way . The past couple of days there were people saying we were going to get blown out & i think one of the titles to a post was "Bills Fans Get Ready for a Beat Down"

It was definitely far from a beat down & they came back again from being down by as much as 13 points so it's not all bad but they'll get there i have faith !!!

GO BILLS !!!!!