What Is More Importent ?

mousetrap08

I was doing some thinking today whitch should be considered extremly dangerous. Lol. But what I was relly thinking about was and I could be wrong. The Bills don't really need the first pick in the draft,It's just because I think that it is more importent for this team to show improvement than to have the "best" colledge player available who ever that may be. I was just wondering what your thoughts are? Should the Bills play at thier best and win a game or two and get better or should they just lay down and die for better draft picks.

:lol: That was the best spelled word of the post!

The other ones I could accept as typos. That was the only one that was repeated.

But since you brought it up: "drinking", "which, "extremely", "really", "college", and "their". Hope this helps, shadowcat.

How about this? Last year the #1 pick signed a six year deal for $78 million with 50 mil guaranteed. The, for example, #7th pick Joe Haden signed a five year $42 million deal with 26 guaranteed. That's a huge difference in money. If we were to win a couple games and get the #7 pick and save 25 million guaranteed and 36 mil overall on the contract, how about we keep Fitz, draft one of the demon DL pass rushers plus sign a FA LB like David Harris, being able to offer him 25 million more guaranteed than we would have.

Would you rather have Luck or Fitz, Bowers and Harris?

Granted, this is making all kinds of assumptions, like Ralph willing to pay huge FA money (even if he would be willing to pay the exact same amount draft money) plus Harris or his equivalent willing to sign with us. But frankly, however much I like and want Andrew Luck, and still think we have to take him regardless of Fitz if we have a chance, we would be a much better team with Fitz, Bowers and Harris than Luck and Fitz.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

Don't worry. I'm coming out to Californeyeyay this summer and turning Andrew Luck into a pot-smoking machine with a taste for college sophomores.

He'll be available at #7.......

How about this? Last year the #1 pick signed a six year deal for $78 million with 50 mil guaranteed. The, for example, #7th pick Joe Had signed a five year $42 million deal with 26 guaranteed. That's a huge difference in money. If we were to win a couple games and get the #7 pick and save 25 million guaranteed and 36 mil overall on the contract, how about we keep Fitz, draft one of the demon DL pass rushers plus sign a FA LB like David Harris, being able to offer him 25 million more guaranteed than we would have.

Would you rather have Luck or Fitz, Bowers and Harris?

Granted, this is making all kinds of assumptions, like Ralph willing to pay huge FA money (even if he would be willing to pay the exact same amount draft money) plus Harris or his equivalent willing to sign with us. But frankly, however much I like and want Andrew Luck, and still think we have to take him regardless of Fitz if we have a chance, we would be a much better team with Fitz, Bowers and Harris than Luck and Fitz.

The other ones I could accept as typos. That was the only one that was repeated.

But since you brought it up: "drinking", "which, "extremely", "really", "college", and "their". Hope this helps, shadowcat.

What? You didn't understand what he wrote? Man, so what! he doesn't spell well. Until the schools systems were started in the 18th century everybody just spelled things the way they thought they should be spelled. Give it a rest. If you are going to comment on his post address the subject, we are not in school and frankly his question is better than your 2 cents. Being able to spell is no indication of intelligence, or all those spelling bee winners would be putting it on their resumes.

I think Kelly has some valid points. I think winning does more to build the confidence of the team and developing the young guys mentally. Plus it is just plain more fun to watch. This years FA class is good too, I hope we can get some good ones for a change. And sure they should draft another qb but BPA and it doesn't matter where he is slotted. With Fitz (playing the way he has been & if it continues) we have the luxury of developing some one. We should address the pass rush, TE oLine depth. As I type that now I think, wow that list is much shorter than it was 2 months ago.

:oops::bag::lol:

What? You didn't understand what he wrote? Man, so what! he doesn't spell well. Until the schools systems were started in the 18th century everybody just spelled things the way they thought they should be spelled. Give it a rest. If you are going to comment on his post address the subject, we are not in school and frankly his question is better than your 2 cents. Being able to spell is no indication of intelligence, or all those spelling bee winners would be putting it on their resumes.

I think Kelly has some valid points. I think winning does more to build the confidence of the team and developing the young guys mentally. Plus it is just plain more fun to watch. This years FA class is good too, I hope we can get some good ones for a change. And sure they should draft another qb but BPA and it doesn't matter where he is slotted. With Fitz (playing the way he has been & if it continues) we have the luxury of developing some one. We should address the pass rush, TE oLine depth. As I type that now I think, wow that list is much shorter than it was 2 months ago.

Thanks for defending my bad spelling and gramer but it doesn't matter to me what the other posters say. I respect them anyway. :thumbsup:

Being able to spell may not be an indication of intelligence (it is, in fact - you're not in school any more, correct, you're in the real world, where presentation matters); taking yourself SO seriously that you get this offended at something everyone else (including the poster it was directed to) understood was good-natured needling is a pretty good indication of a lack thereof.

Shadow, thanks for taking it in the cheerful spirit in which it was intended.

:oops::bag::lol:

Thanks for defending my bad spelling and gramer but it doesn't matter to me what the other posters say. I respect them anyway. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::beer:

I'm in the view that they should always play their best no matter what. It's about creating a culture of winning, and once you can get over the hump of constantly losing and getting to the point of actually really expecting to win, in my view you're half way there.

This team is beginning to prove that it can play competitive football with the best of them, so with a few more pieces and more familiarity with the defensive and offensive system along with a creating a culture of winning, that is what I believe the team should strive for.

Being able to spell may not be an indication of intelligence (#1 it is, in fact - you're not in school any more, correct, you're in the real world, #2 where presentation matters); taking yourself SO seriously that you get this offended at something everyone else (including the poster it was directed to) #3 understood was good-natured needling is a pretty good indication of a lack thereof.

Whatever

1. Prove it with a link or something.

2. On a internet message board and I take myself too seriously? Why so serious?

3. So you like to be a "good natured" spelling nazi and an ahole. Whatever floats your flotilla, I guess. (BTW you called me stupid first or at least lacking in intelligence). “If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.” Elbert Hubbard

BTW if we didn't have spelling mistakes we wouldn't have "pwned".

4 You still didn't address his topic, so you are rude too. Sorry for the hijack Shadow, I for one, enjoyed the topic.

Being able to spell may not be an indication of intelligence (it is, in fact - you're not in school any more, correct, you're in the real world, where presentation matters); taking yourself SO seriously that you get this offended at something everyone else (including the poster it was directed to) understood was good-natured needling is a pretty good indication of a lack thereof.

+1, Shadow you made good points, glad to have you around, even if we do torcher :nana: you a little!

I concur with bowery. Proper spelling is fairly important to me but I have to admit that intelligent conveyance of questions and ideas are more important than spelling.

As for shadowcat, imo winning and winning some more along with smart drafting no matter what draft position is more important than purposely losing to get a high pick. Smart drafting is the key component and so is building a winning attitude.

Also I've read some posts in the past concerning FA's not wanting to come to Buffalo due to our losing culture and "Siberian" weather. Winning certainly can't hurt to change that perspective a bit.

So yes, win and continue to do everything possible to win. Don't let potential quality FA's think that Buffalo is the place of last refuge.

We need to Win and make better draft decisions than in the past decade.

Beating the steelers would make a huge statement. I haven't been this excited about a game in a long time. It's possible we'll lose, but our team has it in them to go all out for a victory. At least we now know the word quit is not in their vocabulary. The culture is changing for the better here!

Go Bills!!!

Last but not least Every one of you Loyal Bills fans have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving. :)

I was doing some thinking today whitch should be considered extremly dangerous. Lol. But what I was relly thinking about was and I could be wrong. The Bills don't really need the first pick in the draft,It's just because I think that it is more importent for this team to show improvement than to have the "best" colledge player available who ever that may be. I was just wondering what your thoughts are? Should the Bills play at thier best and win a game or two and get better or should they just lay down and die for better draft picks.

Are you serious? Winning is most important because it means we need a lot less help than what was believed and are therefore that much closer to being a contender.

It's not really where you draft it's who & how you draft . Can you imagine if we changed say 2 or 3 picks what the Bills would look like ??

2009 Instead of Maybin at 11 change for Orapko - Brian cushing or Clay Matthews - 2006 instead of Donte Whitner at 8 change for Haloti Ngata 7 instead of McCargo at 26 Nick Mangold or Mathias Kiwanuka - 2007 instead of Marshawn which was a decent pick change for Darrelle Revis - 2008 Mckelvin i think was a good pick but change him for Joe Flacco or Dustin Kellar or Rogers Cromartie :oops:

But can you imagine what the Bills would be doing with this change in the roster & these were all guys that were there at or pick !!!

Offense - Bell - Wood - Mangold - Levetrie - Wrotto - S. Nelson - Stevie Johnson - Lee Evans

Roscoe Parrish - Fred Jackson - Joe Flacco

Defense -- Spencer Johnson - Haloti Ngata - Alex Carrington

Kelsay - Clay Matthews - Poz - Kawika Mitchell

Darrelle Revis - George Wilson - Jaruis Byrd - Leodis Mckelvin

OMG THIS TEAM WOULD BE ORGASMIC !! :worthy:

Edited by T master

+1, Shadow you made good points, glad to have you around, even if we do torcher :nana: you a little!

To tell the truth I can take a good smackdown it doesn't matter. I think it is funny I know my typing and spelling are awful and I don't have a excuse for it I just try and do the best I can to get my point across. that being said have a great and safe Thanksgiven to everyone and GO!BILLS!

Edited by shadowcat10

Happy Thanksgiving every one ! and DC sorry I freaked out a bit there... being a teacher I just think there are many types of intelligence. Spelling tends to be rote memorization.

Anyway, T master, I think Fitz is having a better year than Flacco ( maybe not by stats as JF is 2 games ahead and on a better team) but that is just an opinion. I have watched a few of Flacco's games though. He lacks something (not sure what it is but...) and isn't any more accurate. Draft status isn't everything.

Just my opinion though.

Edited by bowery4