Is Everybody Happy With Gailey?

No credit for changing the entire culture and attitude of this team? Turning them around from the soft, "losing is ok since its hard to win" bunch who didnt care either way, to this band of fighters and scrappers who never give up?!?

THAT was one of the things I wanted to see from this regime. I didnt expect much in the W-L column, but I wanted to see 1. A MAJOR attitude change, 2. Adjustments at halftime, 3. Better playcalling and gameplanning that goes towards our strengths and the opponents weaknesses, 4. Better, or actual, clock and gameday management.

So far, Ive seen all 4 on a regular basis.

He inherited a pile of crap, and I believe had to spend the first quarter of the season figuring out who the real stinky turds were. I cant fault him on personnel moves when they werent his guys.

This is what I see. I can't believe that some posters can't see what huge accomplishments these are! It would be impossible to fix EVERYTHING that was wrong with this team in half a season. That the record isn't as good doesn't mean so much to me AT THIS POINT.

It's an overhaul of the team.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No credit for changing the entire culture and attitude of this team? Turning them around from the soft, "losing is ok since its hard to win" bunch who didnt care either way, to this band of fighters and scrappers who never give up?!?

THAT was one of the things I wanted to see from this regime. I didnt expect much in the W-L column, but I wanted to see 1. A MAJOR attitude change, 2. Adjustments at halftime, 3. Better playcalling and gameplanning that goes towards our strengths and the opponents weaknesses, 4. Better, or actual, clock and gameday management.

So far, Ive seen all 4 on a regular basis.

He inherited a pile of crap, and I believe had to spend the first quarter of the season figuring out who the real stinky turds were. I cant fault him on personnel moves when they werent his guys.

He is literally turning his 'pile of crap' into something serious. Chan is the best coach we've had in here for awhile, let's see where it goes before we annoint him.

Kelsay had a fine game yesterday - and has actually been playing well.

(Of course, that's JMO - I'm about the only one that didn't wig out when his contract was extended.)

I wigged out only because the money they oaid him. I'm a fan of guys staying loyal to one team. It's good for the game and the team. But they well over paid the guy for what he is worth. What about Poz? Think they will resign him?

I like Gailey but I am not fully on the band wagon. I think Gailey and Buddy are doing the right things BUT its not what they do this year (and the rest of this year) its the changes they make going into next year that will make or break Gailey. They are going to have a top 8 pick and a full year to evaluate what they need to do and who they need to get rid of and bring in.

All in all lets see how things play out I like Gailey but if they don't finish strong this year the optimism is weakened and if the wins don't come next season its on him. The guy is doing all the right things he can right now but more right things need to be done going forward in order to get this team going in the right direction.

The improvements across the board are evident after ever week they practice and get these guys oriented to their system. They put up the stat yesterday that they were first in redzone TD's, by percentage, and NO ONE would ever think we'd be that efficient under Dick Jauron. Fix the defense in free agency and the draft and, man, this will be a fun team to follow. Count me as one who believes building around Ryan Fitzpatrick would be just fine!! There are holes to fill elsewhere...

I like Gailey but I am not fully on the band wagon. I think Gailey and Buddy are doing the right things BUT its not what they do this year (and the rest of this year) its the changes they make going into next year that will make or break Gailey. They are going to have a top 8 pick and a full year to evaluate what they need to do and who they need to get rid of and bring in.

All in all lets see how things play out I like Gailey but if they don't finish strong this year the optimism is weakened and if the wins don't come next season its on him. The guy is doing all the right things he can right now but more right things need to be done going forward in order to get this team going in the right direction.

You said it right there. Obviously it needs to continue!

That's a given!

We are talking about what he has already done!

Can't you give him some credit now, or are you waiting for a Super Bowl win?

(geez, a real bet hedger)

Gailey is doing everything he said he would do in his introductory press conference.

PTR

Bingo!

Thats why i love this guy. I believe what he says and gosh darnit hes gotton it done so far. The record will come as the team gets used to winning which i think they are. The culture is 10000000000000% different than last year

Losing is a habit. So is winning

Happy is an understatement. a few great things to say about him:

1.) The guy is the anti-jauron - he is straightforward and comes off very football smart, not to mention, he's had a few comedic moments

this is still a 2-8 team, but frankly, I feel a LOT better about the direction this team is going then any 7-9 squad under DJ.

Well stated, rpcolosi!

I always figured that the guy (Chan) that Bill Cowher recommended to the Rooney family would be a pretty good choice to coach the Bills.

The Bills are learning to win - after many years of expecting to lose.

This is what I see. I can't believe that some posters can't see what huge accomplishments these are! It would be impossible to fix EVERYTHING that was wrong with this team in half a season. That the record isn't as good doesn't mean so much to me AT THIS POINT.

It's an overhaul of the team.

And mostly, here on TSW, criticizing players/coaches is way more popular than praising players/coaches. Which is true in every sports site, TV show, publication. Bad news sells!

So, maybe the Spirit of Thanksgiving has taken hold a bit as we see a glimmer of hope for our boys in red white and blue. A two-game winning streak!

And the culture change you mentioned is of incredibly high value for this team.

Thanks to the OP for posting this thread about Chan.

Go Bills!

Losing is a habit. So is winning

Losing is having less talent than, and being less prepared than, your opponent.

Winning is having more talent than, and being better prepared than, your opponent.

The habit is quitting. And Gailey clearly has rid this team of that bad habit.

Here's what Chan has brought to the table -- every man in the Bills' locker room believes the Bills should be in the midst of a six game winning streak, and they are mad at themselves for not making it happen.

Don't be surprised if the Bills upset the Steelers Sunday. Pittsburgh has a WEAK secondary.

When I look over the posts here, I see relatively few that are specifically about Chan Gailey. I think he deserves alot more praise than what I have seen here. The guy is doing a great job, I don't care what the record is. I see an offense that has been nowhere for years, that has been transformed into an offense that, at times, is a juggernaut. After the first few games I thought Chan might have a heart attack by mid-season, but he seems to be able to identify the root of the problems, and knows how to teach the players. I think the players have really shown him something, and have earned his respect.

Let's give Chan some props!

I wrote this a few posts ago, but what if the Bills kept Fewell as DC? What would the Bills record be now? I'm not trying to make this a bash on the DC we have now, but feel as if Fewell had the defense going the last few years. He's now with the Giants and they are a contender, because he brought the defense back up to what the Giants d use to be. I feel that the off season, though WE SHOULD TAKE A QB, we will again take the best player available. Buffalo HAS HAD NO TRUE THREAT AS APASS RUSHER. All the Schobel people will bash me on this, but know he was not an elite player. HE WAS ABOVE AVERAGE, BUT NOT ELITE. Buffalo really needs a couple really good front seven defensive players. If Buffalo lets CHAN THE MAN do his job, we will in my meaningless opinion, take the best player available. That being said, Buffalo will most likely give up their first round pick and take two 2nd rounders, giving 3 picks in the 2nd. That will give us what we will need. That is 2 good d-lineman, and one good lb. That will improve us and then CHAN the MAN will have us in this thing called playoffs by next year. I BILLIEVE CHAN THE MAN will get us to the playoffs next year. In 3 we will be contenders.

I agree with you that Chan the Man is not telling us about labor pains, but I think we can see a head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is literally turning his 'pile of crap' into something serious. Chan is the best coach we've had in here for awhile, let's see where it goes before we annoint him.

You want to anoint him go ahead and anoint him. he is who we think he is.

I liked Gailey from the start, outside of the perplexing Kelsay extension. Perhaps that's more on Nix.

There are two things I appreciate of Gailey as a fan:

1. The adjustments at the half.

2. This team plays to win.