Is Everybody Happy With Gailey?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think we should've kept Lynch and not drafted Spiller. Not to knock the kid but we needed more help on the D-line than we did at RB. I don't know if this falls on Gailey's shoulders but hopefully next draft, we get Chan some better talent to work with on defense.

...Let's give Chan some props!

I really didn't know what to think when we hired Chan. I was hoping for Cowher or Schottenheimer, but even with them, I doubt we would have a better record than we do now. The lack of defensive talent makes it difficult to beat scoring machines. I would love to see us knock off the Pats, Jets and Steelers, but I don't think we have the defensive horses to do it. That being said, it will be interesting to see how Chan attacks the three playoff teams we still have to face.

Biggest props to Chan for: 1) putting an end to dumb penalties. 2) stripping the dead wood from the roster. 3) Trading Lynch (the guy had to go...). 4) getting decent production from the offensive talent we have.

Negatives: The attempt to convert this defense to a 3-4 was ill-advised. We didn't have the personnel to pull it off.

I would like to see what moves are made in the off-season to rebuild this defense, and I wonder if we will be a 3-4 or a 4-3? If we are ever going to win playoff games, we have to find a way to beat the Patriots, and that means stopping Brady :devil: and not turning the ball over.

Now that I've got that off my chest, I have just one more thing to say: Go Bills!

:beer:

Edited by Mr_Blizzard