• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a pretty simple formula really.

Great players = genius coaches.

HOF QBs = HOF coaches.

When I look at the list of HOF coaches from the modern era, I am struck by one amazing fact: they had HOF quarterbacks. Some, like Shula and Walsh had more than one. Hell, Shula had three! Amazing.

Shanahan, like all the rest of them, is finding out what it's like when he doesn't have the horses (or broncos in this case). He got a good taste of what it would be like after Elway retired.

GO BILLS!!!

I was one of the few down on Shanahan as coach of the bills. I would have liked to have seen Fewell or one of any number of high quality and enthusiastic co-ordinators ready to make the move to HC. I'm not surprised at where Shanahan (and Gailey for that matter) are at this point in the season.

The talk radio here in DC is pretty hilarious today (as you can imagine after that shellacking). They got Whupped by Detroit and Philly in back to back games now. Fans and media are screaming that if this was Zorn and Cerrato, they would be fired by 6am this morning....but Shanny gets a pass.

BTW- Nice defense by Mr. Jim Haslett. Glad he isn't our coach either.

HOF QBs = HOF coaches.

When I look at the list of HOF coaches from the modern era, I am struck by one amazing fact: they had HOF quarterbacks. Some, like Shula and Walsh had more than one. Hell, Shula had three! Amazing.

Shanahan, like all the rest of them, is finding out what it's like when he doesn't have the horses (or broncos in this case). He got a good taste of what it would be like after Elway retired.

GO BILLS!!!

That's why IMO Joe Gibbs is one of the best three or four coaches of the last 50 years. He won three Super Bowls with Joe Theisman, Doug Williams and Mark Rypien as his quarterbacks.

I wanted Shanahan despite not really liking him as a coach because I felt the Bills needed 'credibility' around the NFL and for some reason..he has it.

Maybe him winning 2 consecutive Superbowls and the fact the Broncos were usually always in it. Maybe that makes him credible? I don't really know though hmm... :wallbash:

There was a lot of angst around here when Shanahan basically snubbed the Bills. Anyone here seeing the "genious" in him this season?

Weren't they 0 for 12 on 3rd down last night?

Redskins have four wins and the Bills have one. Does that make him 4 times better than Gailey? Would you still prefer Gailey over Shanahan?

It is a pointless argument at this time and it doesn't take a "genius" (spelled correctly) to figure it out.

How could it all have gone so wrong for the Redskins? They hired a name GM, a name coach, traded for a top QB, Snyder spends money on players, and has distanced himself from running things. Aw who cares, let's just enjoy the trainwreck!

HOF QBs = HOF coaches.

GO BILLS!!!

How many SBs did HOR QB Elway win before he met Shanahan?

That's why IMO Joe Gibbs is one of the best three or four coaches of the last 50 years. He won three Super Bowls with Joe Theisman, Doug Williams and Mark Rypien as his quarterbacks.

Unless your D can totally shut down the other team... the game is won on the O line. Rypien is the best example -- that Skins team kept Rypien cleaner than any QB in history. He could sit back there & throw darts - it also helped that he was extremely accurate with all that time to throw. Gibbs' success was tied to the Hogs, and a strong defense. Similar to Shanahan -- his offensive lines in Denver were so good (with their borderline illegal cut blocking technique) than any RB he put behind them put up big numbers. Shanahan's O-line has stunk up the joint this year... and McNabb is being exposed for the inaccurate passer he's always been.