When can we seen Brian Brohm?

Here is my problem, I would like to jump on the Andrew Luck BANDWAGON but I still need to see Brohm for 1 complete game (not a series)

If that doesn't happen this year,then I stick with the Quarterbacks we have. I realize this will piss a few of you off but we are most likely talking about the #1 overall pick in the draft and the uncertainy is the issue.

Don't even think about posting past stats in Green Bay, that was years ago!

I want to see Brohm soon and for a complete game.

Not sold on Fitzpatrick quite yet, but there is still time. You can see the problem, one pretty good QB in Fitzpatrick and one unknown!

If the Bills don't draft a QB I assume Buddy Nix will say WE STILL HAVE BRIAN Brohm, and we like him!

Then I will be pissed! Don't be mad at me, I need all the facts before draft day 2011.

Edited by The Wang From Sang

Fitz is playing pretty well, we may actually win a game or two. Why would you want to put Brohm in there? What do you think that would do to the players psyche, knowing they have a decent QB playing right now and you just pull him to get a look at another guy. Believe it or not, the players are playing to win and if they see the coaches aren't trying to win, they'll just give up and it will look worse than it is now.

Add Maybin and Spiller to that list. How about we let them get more reps as well, since the season is toast anyways. I'm thinking Chan's strategy is to keep the starters going until they get their first win, then start playing around with the roster for evaluation purposes.

Fitz is playing pretty well, we may actually win a game or two. Why would you want to put Brohm in there? What do you think that would do to the players psyche, knowing they have a decent QB playing right now and you just pull him to get a look at another guy. Believe it or not, the players are playing to win and if they see the coaches aren't trying to win, they'll just give up and it will look worse than it is now.

Brohm was a highly rated QB when Drafted and he MAY be better then Fitzpatrick. I would like to see for myself!

Brohm was a highly rated QB when Drafted and he MAY be better then Fitzpatrick. I would like to see for myself!

The coaches see Brohm in practice all the time.... You have some insight that they don't? Would Brohm magically play lights out football when inserted into a game? Maybe they should put Brohm in to start against the Steelers. If he leads us to a win, no need to worry about Luck or another top ranked qb lol.

The coaches see Brohm in practice all the time.... You have some insight that they don't? Would Brohm magically play lights out football when inserted into a game? Maybe they should put Brohm in to start against the Steelers. If he leads us to a win, no need to worry about Luck or another top ranked qb lol.

Did you ever see Brohm play, I have several times and he have as much talent as Luck.

Give me a break.......

Did you ever see Brohm play, I have several times and he have as much talent as Luck.

Give me a break.......

Yup. I saw the game against Atlanta last season and watched a few preseasons too. Nothing there too impress any coaches IMO.

What particular series of plays lead you to believe he is the second coming?

Edited by prissythecat

Here is my problem, I would like to jump on the Andrew Luck BANDWAGON but I still need to see Brohm for 1 complete game (not a series)

If that doesn't happen this year,then I stick with the Quarterbacks we have. I realize this will piss a few of you off but we are most likely talking about the #1 overall pick in the draft and the uncertainy is the issue.

Not sold on Fitzpatrick quite yet, but there is still time. You can see the problem, one pretty good QB in Fitzpatrick and one unknown!

If the Bills don't draft a QB I assume Buddy Nix will say WE STILL HAVE BRIAN Brohm, and we like him!

Then I will be pissed! Don't be mad at me, I need all the facts before draft day 2011.

Go back & watch a replay of the Atlanta game if you want to see Brian "No TD" Brohm play a full game. That was less than a year ago. Sure you can make all the excuses in the world, but any brohm boy will make excuses this year too when he sucks after playing in a real game, if he gets in one.

As others have said, the coaches see him every day & don't want to play him. They know a heck of a lot more than you do. There's no reason the team can't move on & draft Luck without YOU seeing Brohm play unless you are Ralph Wilson.

Not sold on Fitzpatrick quite yet, but there is still time.

Well 90% of Bills fans are. I used to be a big time Edwards supporter but he just doesn't have "IT". Fitz seems to have "IT" and is still young enough to build around. That guy has BALLS and is willing to throw the ball anywhere that is why I like him. He always seems to go for the knock out punch and unfortunately he is falling short right now but his time will come. His play reminds me of Farve without the arm but more brains. I also think if we do draft a QB next year in the draft early it will be like San Diego a couple years ago with Brees doing real well, get Rivers in the draft, and look at Brees now. We are good where we are at with our QB and good 2nd or 3rd rounder would be good to backup we need a pass rusher or a tackle.

Yup. I saw the game against Atlanta last season and watched a few preseasons too. Nothing there too impress any coaches IMO.

What particular series of plays lead you to believe he is the second coming?

I think he has the arm and he is more accurate then Fitzpatrick but he lacks mobility. my Opinion.

Not sold on Fitzpatrick quite yet, but there is still time.

Well 90% of Bills fans are. I used to be a big time Edwards supporter but he just doesn't have "IT". Fitz seems to have "IT" and is still young enough to build around. That guy has BALLS and is willing to throw the ball anywhere that is why I like him. He always seems to go for the knock out punch and unfortunately he is falling short right now but his time will come. His play reminds me of Farve without the arm but more brains. I also think if we do draft a QB next year in the draft early it will be like San Diego a couple years ago with Brees doing real well, get Rivers in the draft, and look at Brees now. We are good where we are at with our QB and good 2nd or 3rd rounder would be good to backup we need a pass rusher or a tackle.

You are probably right.

The only problem with starting Brian Brohm over fitzy is that he lacks the experience to call the protections and read defenses and would more then likely get pretty beat up over the course of a few games. Having said that I do agree the Bills need to find out if this kid can play or not, is he even worthy of a back up spot on the roster. Let's not forget that this team is seriously lacking talent in the O line, and a good blocking tight end. If Fitz didn't upgrade his game to read the defense faster and get rid of the ball to the open receiver quicker, then he would be getting killed every game or running for his life, something he did very well in that Jets game.

So at what point do the Bills say OK, we know what we have in Fitz, but now we need to see what Brohm has, and if he has that intangible that Fitz lacks, the ability to pull off wins. I suspect it will happen soon, but then they should beat the Lions who will be playing their 3rd string QB...so who knows

Are you a glutton for punishment? You do know, as Albany's response will confirm, that you're going to get blasted for this post. You got bigger balls than me that's for sure.

But I am with you on this. I am pleasantly surprised and happy that Fitz is playing well. He does seem to have the "it" factor and he's very smart reading d's and all and knowing where to go with the ball. And he even looks off recievers! Something Edwards was never able to do or figure out. However, Fitz does seem to make just enough boneheaded interceptions and bad passes to make me wonder if he just doesn't have enough physical talent to be that elite qb we are all looking for.

Now with this all being said, Fitz is playing good enough and has the players behind him, there is no way they can yank him just to see what Brohm has. That wouldn't be fair to him and the team. But there are 8 games left and I can see Fitz getting knocked out at some point and then brohm will get his chance. It almost happened last week.

I have to say though to Albany and people like him, why in the hell do you have to be so freakin negative about a player on our team that could be good? I am so sick of the he didnt beat out edwards crap. neither did Fitz. Sometimes you just need your shot when it matters most (in live games) to shine. Will brohm? maybe. but you don't know as well as us Brohm wishers don't know. Its in the teams best interest for the light to come on for Brohm. And even if he doesn't look awesome when he gets to play, we do need to find out if he is a good backup. And we need to find this out in a real game setting with all the starters playing with him, not in practice or preseason.

SO, for those of us that want to see what Brohm has, we're just going to have to wait till Fitz gets nicked up or untill near the end of the season when we havent won many games and the coaching staffs comes to the same conclusion we have. Gotta see what he has in live games.

Go back & watch a replay of the Atlanta game if you want to see Brian "No TD" Brohm play a full game. That was less than a year ago. Sure you can make all the excuses in the world, but any brohm boy will make excuses this year too when he sucks after playing in a real game, if he gets in one.

As others have said, the coaches see him every day & don't want to play him. They know a heck of a lot more than you do. There's no reason the team can't move on & draft Luck without YOU seeing Brohm play unless you are Ralph Wilson.

I think he just wants to see another option and I don't blame him!

He also said not to go back and look at stats, can you read?

What a jerk........

Are you a glutton for punishment? You do know, as Albany's response will confirm, that you're going to get blasted for this post. You got bigger balls than me that's for sure.

But I am with you on this. I am pleasantly surprised and happy that Fitz is playing well. He does seem to have the "it" factor and he's very smart reading d's and all and knowing where to go with the ball. And he even looks off recievers! Something Edwards was never able to do or figure out. However, Fitz does seem to make just enough boneheaded interceptions and bad passes to make me wonder if he just doesn't have enough physical talent to be that elite qb we are all looking for.

Now with this all being said, Fitz is playing good enough and has the players behind him, there is no way they can yank him just to see what Brohm has. That wouldn't be fair to him and the team. But there are 8 games left and I can see Fitz getting knocked out at some point and then brohm will get his chance. It almost happened last week.

I have to say though to Albany and people like him, why in the hell do you have to be so freakin negative about a player on our team that could be good? I am so sick of the he didnt beat out edwards crap. neither did Fitz. Sometimes you just need your shot when it matters most (in live games) to shine. Will brohm? maybe. but you don't know as well as us Brohm wishers don't know. Its in the teams best interest for the light to come on for Brohm. And even if he doesn't look awesome when he gets to play, we do need to find out if he is a good backup. And we need to find this out in a real game setting with all the starters playing with him, not in practice or preseason.

SO, for those of us that want to see what Brohm has, we're just going to have to wait till Fitz gets nicked up or untill near the end of the season when we havent won many games and the coaching staffs comes to the same conclusion we have. Gotta see what he has in live games.

Great post....perfect!

Edited by Another Point of View

Unfortunately the only way we will see Brohm is if Fitz gets hurt or if we have 0 & 13 or 14 year because Gailey wants to win . If him & Fitz have developed as far as it sounds like they have by listening to Gaileys pressers it will take at least that to get him to try Brohm .

But i am definitely with you !! WE meaning the Bills need to find out what we have in Brohm NOT THE FANS !!!

If that guy could have the switch go on and do 3/4 of what he did in Louisville every fan on this site would be kissin his butt & giving him all the praises they gave Kelly .

PLus too i think it will take more than a game to have Brohm get comfortable with the first team guys . The perfect storm would be towards the end of the season Fitz gets put out fot the last 3 or 4 games then we can see exactly what we got .

And then if Brown was to develop there's another whole set of circumstances there unless they just saw him as a back up , hell he might be our Tom Brady ?????

So, you're not sold on Fitzpatrick and you haven't seen Brohm yet if things stay as they are you are willing to give it a go again next year? I don't think that is lhogikal.

What is the fascination with Brohm?

Seriously, I don't get it.

Fitzy is playing well and he is 28 years old, seems like a pretty good find.

Does any one really think that he is going to perform better than Fitzy has?

Why bother? Seems like a total waste of time and effort to bench Fitzy just to see what the back up QB can do.

If anyone thinks he has a better upside than Mallet or Luck, I would like to know what you're smoking. Although its probably a hallucinatory drug, so maybe you're eating Shrooms to make you hallucinate that Brohm might be a viable option at QB over Luck or Mallet or maybe your mainlining some heroin.

I don't get it. I don't think it can be logically explained.

We found a decent option and QB, Brohm has never shown anything in preseason and must not be showing anything in practice to make anyone think he is an option, yet someone is demanding he start, "so we know what we have." We do know what we have though, a backup QB.

It doesn't look like it. From the way he plays, he is trent edwards part two, except he sucks at practicing too.

We want to win at least one game this season for sure, otherwise it is going to leave a bad taste next season. Fitz gives us the best chance to win games.

We can't pass on a franchise QB just to wait and see if brohm develops in the next couple years. If there is a franchise QB available, you take him. If not, then get the next best player and just keep fitz around.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

Wow, you guys are brutal today!

I see nothing wrong with a fan that wants a look at a #1 former draft pick.

I sure as hell don't want to draft a QB #1 just to have Brohm be the guy!

Come on guys, its all part of the evaluation process.

I agree. While I'm really not on board with pulling Fitz just to see Brohm (I think if Brohm blows it can have a negative effect on the development of the rest of team, especially the WR's who have really come on), I don't see anything wrong with the others desire to see Brohm get his time. As has been said, practice doesn't always tell the story. Based on practice, Fitz should be playing worse than Edwards.

I think the chances are slim that Brohm goes and proves he is worth that number 1 pick, but a similar situation happened out in San Diego not too long ago. You never know what's going to happen with a guy when he gets time on the field.

Wow, you guys are brutal today!

I see nothing wrong with a fan that wants a look at a #1 former draft pick.

I sure as hell don't want to draft a QB #1 just to have Brohm be the guy!

Come on guys, its all part of the evaluation process.

Brohm was picked in the 2nd round. I believe no 56 overall. Hardly a number 1 pick.

Maybe there's a reason for why we havent seen much of Brohm. Maybe because he just sucks?

I wasn't Fitz's biggest fan last season or the start of this one.

He's made a fan of me.

Not sold on his accuracy, or "clutch", but a lot of factors go into that, so I'm willing to give him the rest of the season for evaluation.

BUT

At the same time, I as well, would like to see Brohm get a few games in with the starters. I say let Fitzpatrick start for 3 or 4 more games, then let Brohm close out the season so we can figure out what we have.

Come on Wang! 2 "what about Brohm" threads just days apart?

Look, if you want to see Brohm, it's pretty easy. Just look for the biggest whitest Bill with the cleanest uni wearing a baseball hat and carrying a clipboard.

Enjoy.

Also, Brohm wasn't a 1st round pick.

Maybe there's a reason for why we havent seen much of Brohm. Maybe because he just sucks?

My initial thought is consistent with the above, but then I think about my having a feeling that Fred Jackson and Stevie Johnson had looked so good in preseason and I wondered how come they weren't being given a shot - and once they got a shot, they did pretty well. Sometimes I wonder if there's a bias on the part of the coaches to favor one player over another....which happens in all professions to some extent.

Maybe it's different with QBs, because there is so much time and preparation that the coaches feel it's too much of a waste of the time they invested in Fitz to pull him for Brohm, just to see how he does? And when your job and reputation are on the line, it's a lot harder to make a change "just to see how he does".

I know there are some former pro players on here, and I'd enjoy hearing about their experiences with coaches who held back guys with potential and some of the reasons for doing so (as the former players perceived them).

Cue Die Hard and Another Point of View.....

Not unless Fitz gets hurt.

Period.

He started at the end of last season when everyone else was knocked out, and sucked. . He played in the preseason for us and greenbay. and sucked' got outplayed by Hamden and that dude from LSU. . . With our line he'll be in there soon. Just wait ..

OK, you've won me over to your way of thinking. Let's not draft Andrew Luck if he's available.

If we had just been patient with Art Schlichter and let him play instead of signing that Kelly guy we might have won those 4 Super Bowls, Artie would have never gone back to gambling and the world would be a better place. After all, Schlichter was the 4th pick in the entire draft 4 years earlier, we stole him, but never gave him a chance to play. It would be an absolute shame for the Bills to make the same mistake with Brohm by drafting Luck and having him turn into the next Jim Kelly, while sending poor Brian Brohm to arenaball without ever giving him a chance. All to sell a few extra tickets by marketing Luck.

The Bills ruined poor Art Schlichter's life, don't let them do the same to poor Brian Brohm.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

I think he just wants to see another option and I don't blame him!

He also said not to go back and look at stats, can you read?

What a jerk........

Other than nicknaming him "No TD", where do you see any stats in the post? Then you call me a jerk? Maybe you're the jerk with the reading comprehension problem.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

I think you stay with Fitz unless he gets injured.

Here is why: Too much prep, practice with the starters, isn't happening much, if at all. Look how QBs even good back ups play when thrown into games w/o much playing time before that, he is probably bound not to play well even if he is pretty good. Chemistry takes time to develop.

See if Fitz keeps throwing INTS w/ games on the line, see if he keeps improving.

You play the one gives the best chance to win? I don't want them to tank the season, that is not how you build a winning culture. IMO you don't play guys just to see what you got but thats just me.

BTW if Luck is there and we have the chance to take him even if Fitz goes probowl we take him, again IMO. BPA at most important position on the field, have to take him.

Edited by bowery4