So, Conan O'Brien Resumes Killing Comedy Tonight

The Dean

He can suck the funny out of just about anything, yet he continues to find high profile employment. Well, good for him, I guess.

His promos for the show may be the worst crap I have seen in a long time.

Needless to say, I won't be tuning in.

He can suck the funny out of just about anything, yet he continues to find high profile employment. Well, good for him, I guess.

I was going to say...if you've seen his commercials, he resumed well before tonight.

I won't be celebrating Miley Cyrus's 18th birthday, either...

Best performance ever on Conan, by the great Norm MacDonald:

The 3rd part is Conan interviewing Courtney Thorne Smith, but Norm keeps interrupting making it a mockery of the entire proceedings. Fantastic stuff.

Best performance ever on Conan, by the great Norm MacDonald:

The 3rd part is Conan interviewing Courtney Thorne Smith, but Norm keeps interrupting making it a mockery of the entire proceedings. Fantastic stuff.

Norm is also responsible for the best performance ever on Dennis Miller's old HBO show.

I disagree. I think that Conan is the funniest of the late night bunch. Although I do agree that the promos sucked.

I DVR'ed it last night and haven't caught it yet but I plan on it soon. Jack White should be interesting.

I disagree. I think that Conan is the funniest of the late night bunch. Although I do agree that the promos sucked.

I DVR'ed it last night and haven't caught it yet but I plan on it soon. Jack White should be interesting.

The cold open was funny. It's embedded here. I like the Don Draper cameo.

Norm is also responsible for the best performance ever on Dennis Miller's old HBO show.

And the best SNL Weekend Update anchor. Pretty funny when a guy becomes too edgy for a show that is supposed to be all about edgy comedy.

And the best SNL Weekend Update anchor. Pretty funny when a guy becomes too edgy for a show that is supposed to be all about edgy comedy.

He was the worst actor on the face of the earth and that somehow made him perfect. I really miss him and Kevin Nealon. I really enjoyed Nealon's subliminal man act.

My son has been excited about this for a while. I kinda don't get it. Maybe its because I'm just indifferent to talk shows in general. Besides that, Ive never found Conan to be particularly funny. Non event for me thats for sure. Was playing Fifa 11 last night while wife and kid were watching.

Actually I find his promos more humorous than his shows. I know he has his fans but his humor is over my head...the so-funny-I-forgot-to-laugh kind. Not saying Leno or Letterman are any better. They are both painful to watch. Give me the Daily Show, Colbert and Kimmel, maybe Craig Ferguson if I'm up late.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Best anchor? Dunno about that. Certainly the most unusual. And there has never been a bigger comedic decline than going from Norm to Colin Quinn. Quinn reminds me of Conan in a way. They are supposedly very good comic writers, but both mangle the comedy in their delivery.

I hate the Conan loyalists who said he got "screwed over."

His departure from NBC was ugly, yes. But he walked away with something like $40 Million.

*I* should be so 'screwed over.'

Seriously. Get paid $40 million NOT to work. Wheres the downside?

My son has been excited about this for a while. I kinda don't get it. Maybe its because I'm just indifferent to talk shows in general. Besides that, Ive never found Conan to be particularly funny. Non event for me thats for sure. Was playing Fifa 11 last night while wife and kid were watching.

The real people who got screwed over were the ones on his staff who had just uprooted their lives and moved across the company. I know he gave some of the money to them, but that's still no easy task for most of them.

I hate the Conan loyalists who said he got "screwed over."

His departure from NBC was ugly, yes. But he walked away with something like $40 Million.

*I* should be so 'screwed over.'

Moving him to that time slot was retarded. They were trying to avoid the kind of fiasco they ended up with by giving Leno the job Letterman thought was his, and really screwed the pooch.

Anyone familiar with Conan's style of comedy knew it wouldn't fly in that time slot, and Zucker actually got promoted for this dumbass move. Comcast wasted no time showing that MFer the door after taking over.