Lock Johnson and Parrish into long-term deals

Roscoe is already getting some big money for his contributions. He's happy he's just part of the offense right now. Johnson on the other hand should be locked up right now to a 6 year deal for half as much as Evans makes or even less. If we let him finish the remainder of the year putting up these numbers he COULD be in the Pro Bowl and MIGHT possibly hold out. I would.

Lets face it, Steve Johnson is our #1 WR. I agree, they should lock him right now.

As far as Roscoe is concerned, he has played well this year, but we have Nelson and Easley. I know Easley hasn't played yet, but from everything that I remember reading and hearing he should end up being a good contributor to this team moving forward. Might as well let Roscoe go, and have S.J and Evans as the #1 and #2 and Nelson and Easley as the #3 and #4.

steve johnson yes. roscoe maybe a 3 years. David nelson is our slot guy of the future

....and don't forget there's Easley coming back next year as well who is explosive (speed and size). Evans still draws the double teams, and Johnson doesn't to date (as per Fitz comments last week). It may be Evans drawing coverage that is helping Scoe, Johnson, and Nelson find oprnings in the opposing secondary.

If TE Shawn Nelson can ever get back on the field, he too has good hands, speed, but needs to solidify the rest of his game.

The only problem with this these guys and Fritz, is that Fritz will continue to make a great throw, followed by a bad one, and then a really bad one......simply no consistency to his game.

No doubt, no doubt about it. Johnson can always get open which is the #1 attribute to an elite receiver. It is so nice to have someone like that on the team. He is a true # 1 guy and is only getting better each week.

Johnson has been a very pleasant surprise, but from the word of Fitz last week, teams still cover with with a single guy and reserve the doubles for Evans. I too like what I see, especially the past three weeks, but lets not let hyperbole rule the day. We'll know he's a number 1 when teams rotate coverage his way and begin to consistently double him. Heck, Evans drwa the double coverage last year allowing Owens many single coverage catches. I'm not anointing Evans anything, but watch the coverages.

One good thing, with Johnson, Scoe, and Nelson playing well, it makes it tough on teams to simply try to take Evans out of the game as they've set their aim to do so for the past few years.

In addition to Kelsay, don't forget about the $9 million being sent to Lee Evans every year.

Lee has been overated for a long time,he always drops the easy 3rd down conversion and just catches the deep ball, Maybe time for a trade to say Minesota. They need a Deep threat since Randy is gone and then in 3 weeks claim him off waivers. Seriously though we should trade him to get more picks because we need all we can get.

In addition to Kelsay, don't forget about the $9 million being sent to Lee Evans every year.

You mean the guy who dropped another 2 passes today, on his typical I'll wait and let the ball come to me instead of attacking the football and snatching it out of the air.

Fitz's faith in Roscoe and Stevie and their production compared to Lee Evans is proof enough to me that Lee isn't worth half of what he's making on this team.

Lee Evans And Chris Kelsay symbolize everything that is wrong with the Bills. Overpaying for mediocre (Lee Evans) or downright bad (Kelsay) football players.

We should add Poz to this list too. He is no pro bowler but he is out best LB and would resign here. He is worlds better than Kelsay and he got a deal. Whitner we should try to resign, but he will likely want a deal paying him more than a below average safety, at which point we should let him walk as GW is better than him anyways.

If monetarily it takes cutting Evans then fine, Johnson is showing us how average Lee is, and how little he means to this team.

We need to lock those two in and trade Lee Evans for another draft pick as the Pats would do, because next year Easley will be back and between him & D. Nelson & S. Nelson we will have enough weapons in the passing game .

Plus we will need all the money we can get to sign the QB that Ralph will pull the trigger on so the construction can continue !!

It certainly has been a bright spot to watch these two guys who couldn't even get on the field in the Dicky J regime get their chance and run with it.

Stevie Franchise has gotten better every week....11 catches....how many games does it take Evans to catch 11? 3 games?

He doesn't have the speed of a true #1 receiver, but he sure does know how to get open.

Congrats to Roscoe and Stevie! :thumbsup:

Lee Evans Contract:

10/2/2008: Signed a four-year, $37.25 million contract extension through 2012. The deal includes $18.25 million guaranteed and a first-year salary of $11,730,770. Another $3 million is available through incentives. 2010: $5.4 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2011-2012: $3.025 million (+ $1 million roster bonuses), 2013: Free Agent

So only like $4 Million next two seasons, probably around what Johnson and Roscoe will cost you as well.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson