are we done talking about fitz!!

13player

Peyton Manning had two picks dropped by Redskin defenders this year too. It happens.

Um, well it happens with Fitz too much...bottom line is that his 2 INTs in the 3rd qtr against Balt are the reason we played catch up in the first place. He was a big part of that loss just like todays horrendous INT at the end of the 4th. This guy has flashes where he looks good, and then has other passes that are just down right awful. He should have had 3 more INT's today, including one that should have been a pick 6 on the very first play. This game should have been a blow out loss, but KC kept failing to captialize on many opprotunities.

This guy is a great backup, but he makes way too many awful throws to be a guy who will maintain any consistency as a full time starter.

Edited by Alphadawg7

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a big part of that loss just like todays horrendous INT at the end of the 4th.

OMFG.... the ball slipped out of his hands, dude... and by the way, Spiller's fumble caused our trouble with the dramatic change in momentum- Fitz's passes KEPT US IN THE GAME last week despite our defense.

Edited by BmoreBills

OMFG.... the ball slipped out of his hands, dude... and by the way, Spiller's fumble caused our trouble with the dramatic change in momentum- Fitz's passes KEPT US IN THE GAME last week despite our defense.

So whos fault was that? Geezus, you act like because it slipped out of his hands (if it even did) it wasnt his fault. FITZ threw that pass with no contact by anyone else, no rain to make the ball wet, nothing to make the ball slip other than Fitz throwing that ball. Not to mention, he has had several of these this year, not like it was a first time occurence. He also had 3 other bad passes that should have been picked, but I guess those arent his fault either right?

Its like the Trent apologists have been reborn into Fitz apologists. No one is taking anything away from the plays he made, the guts he shows, or his effort...but those plays dont get him a free pass for the mistakes he makes that contribute to our losses. That was an awfully costly mistake he made when we were in great position to win the game in regulation. No one else was involved in that INT other than Fitz. Just like the 2 bad INT's he made last week that gave away the lead for good.

Someone said it perfectly...he plays just good enough to keep us close, and makes just enough mistakes to keep us from winning.

The bottom line is Fitz is not a franchise QB. So say what you want, "AFTER win #1", yeah if one win. The Bills are scoreing perfect in the fight for the glorious #1 draft pick. I want to see what Brohm's got. Put him in there for a quarter or something.

So whos fault was that? Geezus, you act like because it slipped out of his hands (if it even did) it wasnt his fault. FITZ threw that pass with no contact by anyone else, no rain to make the ball wet, nothing to make the ball slip other than Fitz throwing that ball. Not to mention, he has had several of these this year, not like it was a first time occurence. He also had 3 other bad passes that should have been picked, but I guess those arent his fault either right?

Its like the Trent apologists have been reborn into Fitz apologists. No one is taking anything away from the plays he made, the guts he shows, or his effort...but those plays dont get him a free pass for the mistakes he makes that contribute to our losses. That was an awfully costly mistake he made when we were in great position to win the game in regulation. No one else was involved in that INT other than Fitz. Just like the 2 bad INT's he made last week that gave away the lead for good.

Someone said it perfectly...he plays just good enough to keep us close, and makes just enough mistakes to keep us from winning.

We were in Lindell's range and he missed it... we would have won. Rob Johnson led us to a game-winning drive at Tennessee, and yet we lost because of a special teams blunder. Put the blame where it belongs, which is NOT on Fitzpatrick! He did his job.

I never said Brohm was the guy, just that fitz is not!!

everyone asking if we need to draft a qb with the first pick, the game tape shows WE DO!!!!

I don't know what game your watching but clearly , QB is not our problem. Protection? Yes. Defensive overhaul? Yes.

Gailey has coached Ryan Fitzpatrick through 5 games. Coming into today , Fitz held the #2 qb rating , and will still be in the top 5. Fitz is a young quaterback that has just been handed the reins to the offense. He will continue to get better under Gailey. Everyone is acting like Fitz is an old grizzled veteran instead of a 27 year old quarterback that is just getting extended play time.

In spite of (in case no one noticed) swirling winds all day Fitz managed to throw for over 200 and run for another 40+. As has been pointed out by several on this thread, we are not losing games because of QB play. He deserves to play out the season and see how he develops. Spending another first round pick on QB would mean in the past 12 years we would have spent 4 firsts, 1 second, 1 fourth, and 1 fifth round pick at qb. Not to mention a seventh this year. I really like Ricky Stanzi of Iowa. Should be available at the top of the fourth. 19 td's vs 2 int this year. Good size and decent feet. Comes from a winning tradition. We'd be able to address more pressing needs in with the first three picks, and not invest too much to a top pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=188298

Say what you want, but Fitz wins that game if not for that missed FG in OT. He made a mistake today and it will happen. And yes, he always seems to make a mistake, which is why he is a 9-7 type QB and nothing more. But you can't say that Brohm should be in or QB is our biggest need anymore.

Like it was posted before, if there is QB screaming to be drafted, then fine. But Fitz, with a RT and D is enough to hold the place until Luck is there for us.

Agreed. Fitz was not great but he is gutsy and we have bigger problems than quarter. Unless Luck comes out or Mallet somehow slips to the second round, Fitz is there next year too. Alot of negatives on the board and we have definitely fostered a culture of losing in Buffalo, but fitzy is not one of those people that buys into that culture (see Winfield, Maybin etc). We need to at least keep him as a back up for many more years. Reminds me of Reich only gutsier. GO BILLS

In spite of (in case no one noticed) swirling winds all day Fitz managed to throw for over 200 and run for another 40+. As has been pointed out by several on this thread, we are not losing games because of QB play. He deserves to play out the season and see how he develops. Spending another first round pick on QB would mean in the past 12 years we would have spent 4 firsts, 1 second, 1 fourth, and 1 fifth round pick at qb. Not to mention a seventh this year. I really like Ricky Stanzi of Iowa. Should be available at the top of the fourth. 19 td's vs 2 int this year. Good size and decent feet. Comes from a winning tradition. We'd be able to address more pressing needs in with the first three picks, and not invest too much to a top pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=188298

Agreed about Fitz, but I am confused on the 4 first round draft picks we have had in the last 12 years on qb's. Losman, Bledsoe and Johnson. Who is the 4th? Just havin a brain-fart I guess. I just really cant think of it. Also, Edwards was a 3rd.

Fitz deserves at least a few more starts before it's time to put Brohm in there. As for the defense, despite the yardage, holding the Chefs to 10 points in regulation in their own house was admirable. Too bad the offense and defense can't seem to put together good performances concurrently.

You're nuts. Fitz is the guy for the rest of the year barring injury. This isn't Jeff Quinn with UB musical QB's.

PTR

:D :D :D :D

Sten, I actiually agree, but honor dictates that we win a game or two. I want to see production this year.

I would be happy with some production but not at the expense of the Bills future in draft picks...When it comes right down to it if they lost every game this would be the year to do it..Chances are there isnt going to be a season next yr so we would be in line for a top 5 pick the next yr by lottery...

i can't take the bipolar nature of bills fans. to rip on fitz after this game shows how many morons post on this board. Fitz drove the team down for a game-tying TD on the ROAD. This guy has been as cool and collected as you can get on 3rd downs and lets not forget how many drives he kept alive with his feet. Fitz is 27yrs old, not 35. He understands Gailey's system and is managing the offense to a level we haven't seen in Buffalo in years. Lets at least wait until the end of the season, before we run him out of town as well.

Agreed about Fitz, but I am confused on the 4 first round draft picks we have had in the last 12 years on qb's. Losman, Bledsoe and Johnson. Who is the 4th? Just havin a brain-fart I guess. I just really cant think of it. Also, Edwards was a 3rd.

Next year would be the fourth. How could I forget about Edwards so quickly?...if only I could forget about this past decade as just as fast...

JPL's not coming back, bro.

How can you say the ball slipping out of his hand was somehow "not his fault"? Well then whose fault was it?

It's called "choking". The game was on the line and he made a mistake lost his grip on the ball. Mistakes happen, but it's definitely his fault. He wouldn't try to blame it anyone either, let him own it.

I support Fitzpatrick as the QB for the rest of the season, and retaining him as a future depth player. I just want to see them draft a new QB with true potential to build around

So Fitz missed the game-winning FG? :blink:

i can't take the bipolar nature of bills fans. to rip on fitz after this game shows how many morons post on this board. Fitz drove the team down for a game-tying TD on the ROAD. This guy has been as cool and collected as you can get on 3rd downs and lets not forget how many drives he kept alive with his feet. Fitz is 27yrs old, not 35. He understands Gailey's system and is managing the offense to a level we haven't seen in Buffalo in years. Lets at least wait until the end of the season, before we run him out of town as well.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Fitz is not the worst QB the Bills have evr had that's for sure...I am amazed at how quickly some fans turn on Fitz....He's a blue collar gutsy type QB...frankly those are my favorite kind of QB's.