Cordaro Howard

yungmack

I watched Corodo a lot today. He was terrible. He was torched on almost every pass play where I focused on him (5-7). He was routinely face down on the ground after whiffing on his man. Fitz made this line look good today by being able to find open receivers instantly. I dont think he held the ball for maore than 2 seconds all day. If he had, he would have been getting crushed from the right side.

- I read everyone else comments and everyone else seems to think he was amazing. From my experience most fans dont pay attention to the details while watching - like how everyone was blaming switching to the 3-4 as why our D stunk, when in reality we rarely ran the 3-4 at all. The Jax game Kelsay played OLB in a 4-3 the entire game. 2 weeks later, some article came out about the team switching to the 4-3, and everyone was all up in arms. My point is no one really watches, so take others comments with a grain of salt. Howard played very poorly.

I'm guessing you were drinking a lot today? Way to go man.:beer:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Corodo a lot today. He was terrible. He was torched on almost every pass play where I focused on him (5-7). He was routinely face down on the ground after whiffing on his man. Fitz made this line look good today by being able to find open receivers instantly. I dont think he held the ball for maore than 2 seconds all day. If he had, he would have been getting crushed from the right side.

- I read everyone else comments and everyone else seems to think he was amazing. From my experience most fans dont pay attention to the details while watching - like how everyone was blaming switching to the 3-4 as why our D stunk, when in reality we rarely ran the 3-4 at all. The Jax game Kelsay played OLB in a 4-3 the entire game. 2 weeks later, some article came out about the team switching to the 4-3, and everyone was all up in arms. My point is no one really watches, so take others comments with a grain of salt. Howard played very poorly.

Fitz was barely touched the entire game. if you watch the games of the very best quarterbacks in the league, Brady and Manning and Brees and Rivers, etc, they not only do not get great protection every play but they make bad passes all the time. The OL, overall, against one of the best defenses in the league, on the road, was outstanding for the most part, including Howard.

I can't say that I watched the line that closely. I do believe that overall, they did a decent job. But as many have stated, Fitz made them look better than they were. He sure did. He made quick decisions, released the ball quickly and scrambled well. In the 2nd half, he took some hits just as he threw after only having 2 or 3 seconds to make a decision.

To drive this point home, my wife was casually watching the game (she doesn't watch much football). She said "man, it seems like he throws the ball really fast". She wasn't commenting on his velocity, but on how quickly he got the ball out of his hands. I hope the o-line continues to improve, but for now, Fitz is helping them along the way.

I was a little surprised by the Ravens defensive strategy. I didn't count or anything, but there didn't seem to be many blitzes at all. Not what I think of when I think of the Ravens. In fact, I saw a fair amount of 3 man rush. I think that Fitzpatrick proved that he's too good to play that way. I think the Bills will be seeing a lot more pass rush in the coming weeks. Then we'll see what the OL looks like.

I can't say that I watched the line that closely. I do believe that overall, they did a decent job. But as many have stated, Fitz made them look better than they were. He sure did. He made quick decisions, released the ball quickly and scrambled well. In the 2nd half, he took some hits just as he threw after only having 2 or 3 seconds to make a decision.

To drive this point home, my wife was casually watching the game (she doesn't watch much football). She said "man, it seems like he throws the ball really fast". She wasn't commenting on his velocity, but on how quickly he got the ball out of his hands. I hope the o-line continues to improve, but for now, Fitz is helping them along the way.

Don't kid yourself. Fitz had time to make throws. That's the O-line playing better.

I was a little surprised by the Ravens defensive strategy. I didn't count or anything, but there didn't seem to be many blitzes at all. Not what I think of when I think of the Ravens. In fact, I saw a fair amount of 3 man rush. I think that Fitzpatrick proved that he's too good to play that way. I think the Bills will be seeing a lot more pass rush in the coming weeks. Then we'll see what the OL looks like.

Did you watch the game? The Ravens were blitzing like crazy early but Fitz burned them. When Baltimore realized that it wasn't working they held back. Isn't that how it's supposed to work?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

No doubt Fitz is helping them look good. I'm not sure anyone is saying our line is looking great. But, with the "injury" to Green; Howard is looking decent along with the rest of the line. As I had been saying for quite some time, Trent was trying to take 4-5 seconds to scan the field and throw the ball. Our line just isn't that good. They need someone like Fitz that can throw the ball in 2-3 seconds and/or slide out just enough to create a lane to throw.

The line is looking OK. Not great, but OK. Add in some good and quick decision-making by Fitz and the offense suddenly looks competent. At this point, I can only hope the line continues to play well together and improve such that it's no longer our most pressing need. And I'd say based on the score the last few games... they're well on their way to doing just that.

Did you watch the game? The Ravens were blitzing like crazy early but Fitz burned them. When Baltimore realized that it wasn't working they held back. Isn't that how it's supposed to work?

PTR

That's a little more in line with what I saw.... quite a bit of blitzing (granted not the all out send everyone blitz). But, Jackson was doing a great job of picking up the blitzing LB or DB. Which gave Fitz just enough to complete the pass.

I read everyone else comments and everyone else seems to think he was amazing. From my experience most fans dont pay attention to the details while watching[/b] - like how everyone was blaming switching to the 3-4 as why our D stunk, when in reality we rarely ran the 3-4 at all. The Jax game Kelsay played OLB in a 4-3 the entire game. 2 weeks later, some article came out about the team switching to the 4-3, and everyone was all up in arms. My point is no one really watches, so take others comments with a grain of salt. Howard played very poorly.

Someday I hope to be as good of a football fan as you.

Edited by wonderbread

Don't kid yourself. Fitz had time to make throws. That's the O-line playing better.

PTR

If you say so. I just remember a lot of 4 man and 3 man rushes in the 3rd and 4th quarters except for Evan's TD. Maybe Fitz had chased them off the blitz by then.

Yeah Thoner he really sucked. Fitzy made him look good like Manning & Brady make their OL's look good. C'mon an undrafted rook makes his first NFL start at RT against the Ravens and his number is never called and no true sacks allowed. I'll take that kind of crap play every week!

No I wasn’t drinking at all and its ok if you guys don’t have as high of expectations with this team as I do (we did lose if you don’t remember, and while Howard wasn’t the reason we lost, he didn’t help us win). Even though our O played well, it was more of a fluke than the norm for this team. Fitz played the best game of his life and Baltimore was having an extremely poorly coached, off day – and we still lost. If you DVRed the game go back and watch the 1st Q, Howard was routinely beat, and multiple times left face down on the ground. He was clearly outmatched – which I understand, he is an undrafted rookie who is likely on this team bc of nepotism (one of Gailey’s GT guys).

- His poor play was covered up by Fitz playing lights out. But what happens next week when Fitz doesn’t play like a HOFer? Howard couldn’t hold his own at all, however last year Meredith never played that bad – he held up better vrs Peppers last year than Howard did v. Suggs.

No I wasn’t drinking at all and its ok if you guys don’t have as high of expectations with this team as I do (we did lose if you don’t remember, and while Howard wasn’t the reason we lost, he didn’t help us win). Even though our O played well, it was more of a fluke than the norm for this team. Fitz played the best game of his life and Baltimore was having an extremely poorly coached, off day – and we still lost. If you DVRed the game go back and watch the 1st Q, Howard was routinely beat, and multiple times left face down on the ground. He was clearly outmatched – which I understand, he is an undrafted rookie who is likely on this team bc of nepotism (one of Gailey’s GT guys).

- His poor play was covered up by Fitz playing lights out. But what happens next week when Fitz doesn’t play like a HOFer? Howard couldn’t hold his own at all, however last year Meredith never played that bad – he held up better vrs Peppers last year than Howard did v. Suggs.

Whatever. The kid played well and he has upside. That's what this season is now about, finding out what we have. Let's let the kid play a few games before declaring him crap. You know, even in a brutal season, you have to give credit when it's due every now and again. Relax, you can give the kid credit and still bash away next week.

I was unable to watch the game and was wondering how Howard did.

By now I'm about the 100th poster telling you this in your thread, but I don't mind adding that he did a terrific job. I hope he ends up being the best find this new staff has made and he will, if he can continue to play as well as he did Sunday. :thumbsup:

I don't know what the !@#$ game you were watching, but apparently you were the only one watching it. Seriously, stop trying so hard to be a miserable jerk. You're going out of your way to complain---- there's plenty to be upset about in this game and with this Bills team, but Cordero Howard yesterday sure as hell wassn't one of them.

Thank you for setting me straight. So, 509 yards later....ah nevermind.

I don't know what the !@#$ game you were watching, but apparently you were the only one watching it. Seriously, stop trying so hard to be a miserable jerk. You're going out of your way to complain---- there's plenty to be upset about in this game and with this Bills team, but Cordero Howard yesterday sure as hell wassn't one of them.

i don't think he's trying hard to be a miserable jerk. It just comes naturally.

Thoner, while you were spending so much time watching Howard how could you possibly have time to count how many seconds Fitz took to throw the ball? There were some long throws and though Fitz does get rid of the ball quickly(a good thing), many of those plays took more than 2 or 3 seconds to develop. The bottom line is the o-line gave him time to throw against the #3 ranked Baltimore defense and this undrafted rookie did hold his own in his first start. We finally play an exciting game and you see no good in it. Just go away.

No I wasn't drinking at all and its ok if you guys don't have as high of expectations with this team as I do (we did lose if you don't remember, and while Howard wasn't the reason we lost, he didn't help us win). Even though our O played well, it was more of a fluke than the norm for this team. Fitz played the best game of his life and Baltimore was having an extremely poorly coached, off day – and we still lost. If you DVRed the game go back and watch the 1st Q, Howard was routinely beat, and multiple times left face down on the ground. He was clearly outmatched – which I understand, he is an undrafted rookie who is likely on this team bc of nepotism (one of Gailey's GT guys).

- His poor play was covered up by Fitz playing lights out. But what happens next week when Fitz doesn't play like a HOFer? Howard couldn't hold his own at all, however last year Meredith never played that bad – he held up better vrs Peppers last year than Howard did v. Suggs.

Rough night, huh? Hangovers can be a b:censored:h. Don't worry, it gets better.

I sure hope you don't break your arm while patting yourself on the back. I do pay attention to details. He looked good. Especially considering his first start, on the road, and against a strong defense.

Fitz had time to go deep and to look recievers off. Howard had no penalties and gave up no sacks. I do not think that Cornell Green accomplished that in any of his starts. What do you want?

I am not ready to anoint him as the next Howard Ballard at RT. He will have some tough games. Speed rushers could give him problems as he is more likely to be a guard in this league than a tackle that has to play in space.

Edited by Bob in STL