Dolphins waive former #1 draft pick,LB Bobby Carpenter

You may be surprised who you are picking on! :flirt:

I probably would be, but it wouldn't be because of who he is. It would be because of who he keeps posting we should sign. It's ridiculous. Bobby Carpenter? This team is void of any top end talent. Which as you know is crucial, especially at key positions. We need some sure fire leaders. A team that was mired in mediocrity to now find themselves a bottom dweller - need not to entertain players like Bobby Carpenter.

Oh and to answer your question, I am not playing guitar. One of my biggest regrets is not learning how. I'm a Blues guy, and Robert Cray to me is one of the greatest to come along.

Edited by Buffalonian-at-Heart

Worth a look, if only because it would be nice to see a LINEBACKER playing outside linebacker for once.

And truly, what better evidence of a promising future in insurance sales if he can't beat out Kelsay for an OLB spot?

I probably would be, but it wouldn't be because of who he is. It would be because of who he keeps posting we should sign. It's ridiculous. Bobby Carpenter? This team is void of any top end talent. Which as you know is crucial, especially at key positions. We need some sure fire leaders. A team that was mired in mediocrity to now find themselves a bottom dweller - need not to entertain players like Bobby Carpenter.

Oh and to answer your question, I am not playing guitar. One of my biggest regrets is not learning how. I'm a Blues guy, and Robert Cray to me is one of the greatest to come along.

Maybe we should consider a player that can fill the void until we can find replacements.

You are not going to find quality this time of the year unless there are issues.

Maybe we should consider a player that can fill the void until we can find replacements.

You are not going to find quality this time of the year unless there are issues.

I think we are both agreeing, but for one thing. I don't think we need another maybe, we have several at LB already. Is cutting say Ayodele and signing Carpenter really something this team should do? I just don't think so. We need to continue the complete cleansing Nix and Gailey are employing.

I think we are both agreeing, but for one thing. I don't think we need another maybe, we have several at LB already. Is cutting say Ayodele and signing Carpenter really something this team should do? I just don't think so. We need to continue the complete cleansing Nix and Gailey are employing.

I would view signing Carpenter in much the same way the Bills signed Richie Incognito midseason in 2009. They don't have enough capable warm bodies at the position and maybe he'll be a better fit in Buffalo than elsewhere. If not, let him walk at the end of the year. If they want to shore up some holes on the defense so they can better evaluate their young players then it doesn't really hurt. Sort of "win-win".

Eh i think it helped to get Ingognito despite the issues, I also think we should pursue merriman ASAP. I know it doesnt really help taking busts from other teams to build yours but sometimes it can be a stopgap.

What are your thoughts as a former player?

So ... let me see ... does this mean that the Buffalo Bills are not the only team in the league that has difficulty determining who should be and who should not be a #1 pick?

This speaks volumes of a need to have a rookie salary scale so that these neophytes who look so good on college gridirons versus opponents of questionalble skill levels do not immediately get paid more than seasoned veterans with experience.

I would view signing Carpenter in much the same way the Bills signed Richie Incognito midseason in 2009. They don't have enough capable warm bodies at the position and maybe he'll be a better fit in Buffalo than elsewhere. If not, let him walk at the end of the year. If they want to shore up some holes on the defense so they can better evaluate their young players then it doesn't really hurt. Sort of "win-win".

The reason I view them differently is Incognito is a starter in the NFL, no doubt. Carpenter is a depth player at best. To quote Die Hard "You are not going to find quality this time of the year unless there are issues." Incognito was an anomaly, that should have been retained. He was one of only two things I've disagreed with what Nix and Gailey have done thus far.

If George Edwards coached him in Miami, I'm willing to bet we pick him up.

He didn't, this was his first year in Miami.

The reason I view them differently is Incognito is a starter in the NFL, no doubt. Carpenter is a depth player at best. To quote Die Hard "You are not going to find quality this time of the year unless there are issues." Incognito was an anomaly, that should have been retained. He was one of only two things I've disagreed with what Nix and Gailey have done thus far.

I was disappointed to see Incognito go as well, especially with Eric Wood recovering from a broken leg. I'm assuming there were either character concerns or contract issues--- only because it has been inferred from time to time that he didn't want to remain in Buffalo, which may be far from the truth but we have no way of knowing for certain.

He's now been discarded by 3 different teams, two 3-4 and one 4-3. It seems it's been determined that he cannot play in the NFL.

we could switch our defense to a 3-3-5 or a 4-2-5 and see if he has a place in the nfl.

Just posting players that could help Buffalo, what are you doing, playing the guitar

The guy flamed out with three different teams. How does he "help" us? Don't we have enough rejects on this team?

PTR

A white guy we can line up next to Puz. :devil: All kidding aside, Carpenter would be a definite upgrade to our sorry-ass LB corps. ;)

Based on what pray tell?

PTR

The guy flamed out with three different teams. How does he "help" us? Don't we have enough rejects on this team?

PTR

Based on what pray tell?

PTR

Torbor, Davis, and Maybin shouldn't even be on NFL rosters. Carpenter is a reserve caliber player but like so many players on the Bills would start for us because our talent pool is so poor. Again, he would IMPROVE the team because he's BETTER than what we have.

Torbor, Davis, and Maybin shouldn't even be on NFL rosters. Carpenter is a reserve caliber player but like so many players on the Bills would start for us because our talent pool is so poor. Again, he would IMPROVE the team because he's BETTER than what we have.

You're replacing crap with more crap.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

In the Cowboys' Hard Knocks, this guy was getting tooled on. They called him Barbie and took turns bitching him. He's soft and there's a reason he just got released from his 3rd team.

Sounds like a Jauron kind of guy! I guess it's no longer worth discussing if he's really a cream puff. This team needs to rid itself of all the softies and remold into a hard nosed tough group. No need to bring more softies in, if that's the case with Carpernter.

Former #1 Ryan Leaf is available...is he worth a look? :wallbash:

The only reason he EVER made it, was because Parcells and his Father were friends.

Edited by Wilson from Gamehendge

He didn't, this was his first year in Miami.

I was disappointed to see Incognito go as well, especially with Eric Wood recovering from a broken leg. I'm assuming there were either character concerns or contract issues--- only because it has been inferred from time to time that he didn't want to remain in Buffalo, which may be far from the truth but we have no way of knowing for certain.

since Incognito was a restricted free agent, he had no say on playing anywhere other than Buffalo

but Buddy had better options 

Former #1 Ryan Leaf is available...is he worth a look? :wallbash:

The only reason he EVER made it, was because Parcells and his Father were friends.

The only reason he ever made it was because he played with AJ HAWK and was having a great season til he got hurt and at the combine he put up similiar numbers to HAWK while also being a little bigger than AJ. Im sure his daddy didnt hurt much either though. They took a chance that blew up in there face. It happens all the time when a player on a college team makes another look like a sure thing and then turns out they cant do SH*! when they get to the NFL. Ala reggie bush over matt leinart.

Also we will have to get permission from the state of texas to get ryan leaf so he isnt truly available lol

since Incognito was a restricted free agent, he had no say on playing anywhere other than Buffalo

but Buddy had better options 

I realize he was a RFA, but forcing players to stay where they don't want to be isn't really a good idea. He was already not particularly well thought of in the lockerroom amongst some.

A white guy we can line up next to Puz. :devil: All kidding aside, Carpenter would be a definite upgrade to our sorry-ass LB corps. ;)

He was a stud in college. Unfortunately, he has lost his physicality and is affraid to hit anyone. It seems nothings changed since season one of hard knocks and I don't think he's gonna make the turn to be a successful LB in the NFL. Of course, we could always use an upgrade on special teams if him and his agent aren't expecting a ton of money...

He was a stud in college. Unfortunately, he has lost his physicality and is affraid to hit anyone. It seems nothings changed since season one of hard knocks and I don't think he's gonna make the turn to be a successful LB in the NFL. Of course, we could always use an upgrade on special teams if him and his agent aren't expecting a ton of money...

Last thing we would want Carpenter on is special teams. He is atrocious and the primary one responsible for the meltdown the dolphins had several weeks back.