MLB Playoffs Set To Go

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, tell me about it. Depending on the outcome of Game 1, he'll probably be pitching Game 2/3, and then Game 6/7 depending on the end-game elimination situation. Still a pretty grim spectre for us Yankee fans.

Enjoy watching him and knowing you've got an 80% chance of seeing him in pin stripes next year!

The Yankees benefit from the Texas-Tampa Bay series going five games, because now the Rangers are unable to pitch Cliff Lee in Game 1 to counter New York's ace, Sabathia. Immediate advantage for the Yankees starting out this series on the road. On the flip side, of course, Lee will get to face off against Phil Hughes, who also threw a gem in the ALDS by the by.

I think this should be a very good series. Both teams have superb offenses, without any true weak spots in the starting lineups. There might be a couple nice pitching performances, but there will also be a couple 10-9 type games in all probability.

My prediction: Yankees in 7

I'm thinking Yankees in 6; if it goes to game 7, Lee will be pitching at home, and I don't like anyone's chances against this guy right now. I think the Yankees can handle the rest of the Rangers' staff, and even survive an AJ start at home by mashing their way to victory, but if they let it get to Game 7, I don't like their chances.

I'd be madder at Gonzales than at Conrad. Conrad is a career minor leaguer who is only playing because of injury.......Gonzales not running is inexcusable. You should really run out everything, but I can see how some can not run hard on a flyout. But, to not run hard on a potential double play ball. I don't even understand it. How many times do you see somebody like Derrick Jeter hustle their ass off to keep the inning alive, etc.

Good point...conrad really shouldn't have even been playing other than as a pinch hitter. Bobby should have gone with the scrub guy who has experience as an infielder. Oh well...I don't think there's any way the Braves make it past the Phillies anyway.

Since Lee doesn't pitch on short rest anyway, I don't know what the big deal is whether he pitches game 1 or 3. Sure it's less likely they get to a game 7, but either way they have to win 2 games where he doesn't pitch.

Edited by BuffOrange

I don't either. The Yankees make me happy!

5 game skid! I think TSW jinxed the Sabres after the OTT win... :wallbash: What a bunch of hard losses... 4-3, 1-0 OT, 2-1, and now 3-4 again! :wallbash: :wallbash:

Oh... You knew the Ranger's just couldn't lose every game at home... That also holds for the Sabres... They will break out eventually, hopefully it will be at that house of horrors in ATL on Wed! If they miss the playoffs by a wisker... This stretch will be the cause. Anyway... I know it is still early.

Big win for the Giants tonight.

Cody Ross with 2 homers!? The guy is on a streak.

Great to win the first game, especially on the road. Yet I still got a feeling this series is going 7.

I was at Widespread Panic in Oakland last night. Everyone was following the game on their phones. I was waiting for the last out and told my wife this place is going to go crazy when it's over. And it did. Smart phones, the transistor radios of the 21st century.

I was at Widespread Panic in Oakland last night. Everyone was following the game on their phones. I was waiting for the last out and told my wife this place is going to go crazy when it's over. And it did. Smart phones, the transistor radios of the 21st century.

Tell that to Colin Cowherd, who is always saying how nobody cares about baseball. I can't even listen to him anymore, but the other day my clock radio went off and it was tuned into GR. And, I hear him saying the exact same thing again! Some crap about people calling in about Lou Gehrig and baseball lives in the past, football in the present. I couldn't get that off fast enough!

I've also heard him rail against jam bands, so he would probably say the two deserve each other.

Tell that to Colin Cowherd, who is always saying how nobody cares about baseball. I can't even listen to him anymore, but the other day my clock radio went off and it was tuned into GR. And, I hear him saying the exact same thing again! Some crap about people calling in about Lou Gehrig and baseball lives in the past, football in the present. I couldn't get that off fast enough!

I've also heard him rail against jam bands, so he would probably say the two deserve each other.

No one cares except people in the cities still in it. NFL regular season games beat baseball playoffs.

No one cares except people in the cities still in it. NFL regular season games beat baseball playoffs.

BS - I, and a lot of people I know, love and watch baseball playoffs no matter who is in it........What you're saying is true of the NHL, but not of MLB. Not by a long shot.

Sounds like you are a perfect fan of Cowher's show. There's football and then there is football. Everything else totally sucks.

Edited by bbb

Someone had the following Earl Weaver quote as their signature line. I think it's fantastic:

"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all."

More wisdom from they guy Ron Luciano called "Baseball's Yoda":

"On my tombstone just write, 'The sorest loser that ever lived.'"

"The job of arguing with the umpire belongs to the manager, because it won't hurt the team if he gets thrown out of the game."

"The key to winning baseball games is pitching, fundamentals, and three run homers."

"The only thing that matters is what happens on the little hump out in the middle of the field."

Read further if you're interested