Mitchell asked to be released

We were beating the Pats last year. We lost in a closer game. We were all excited about how well they played NE. No different there.

We've "watched" Spiller in 1 game, essentially. Gailey so far is the architect of the worst offense in the league. He just fired his personally tutored, hand picked (after exhaustive film study of '09 season and an entire off/preseason) QB. Nix's picks are injured or riding the pines on a bad team while he resigns other mediocrities that are "Buffalo good".

I guess there's light at the end of every tunnel, you can say.

You can't use hand picked there. Personally tutored maybe, but not hand picked. Seeing as Gailey had no input in him being drafted. I think you meant inherited. :thumbsup:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't use hand picked there. Personally tutored maybe, but not hand picked. Seeing as Gailey had no input in him being drafted. I think you meant inherited. :thumbsup:

Nope. Hand picked. He had a choice of 4 QBs in camp (won't mention FAs/others) and he was convinced he could work some of that "Chan Gailey Magic" on him. But alas, there is no magic. Our passing offense is where "OC" Gailey's NFL passing games have always been---at or near the bottom.

Nope. Hand picked. He had a choice of 4 QBs in camp (won't mention FAs/others) and he was convinced he could work some of that "Chan Gailey Magic" on him. But alas, there is no magic. Our passing offense is where "OC" Gailey's NFL passing games have always been---at or near the bottom.

you can only polish a turd so much. none of the QBs on our roster are that good. he has to work with what he was given. and the goal this year is to find out exactly what he was given. saying Gailey "hand-picked" him is like saying "That's my hottest cousin".

we've already moved on from one turd that sank to the bottom of the bowl. we'll evaluate the others and see if there is one worth keeping as a back-up next year.

year one of the rebuild process = the tearing down process.

Edited by DrDankenstein

Yet another poor pick-up from the Levy/Brandon reign. I can't criticize this one because I thought it was a pretty good pick up at the time. But did that regime make ANY good roster moves... I mean ANY?

Why do you say that? He was a mid level, mid priced free agent. He performed at a good level. Seemed to be a team guy.

Who lets a Pro Bowl player walk unless they have issues? What are you expecting?

He and Poz are the only two LBs on this team that could even play on a decent defense in the NFL.

Why do you say that? He was a mid level, mid priced free agent. He performed at a good level. Seemed to be a team guy.

Who lets a Pro Bowl player walk unless they have issues? What are you expecting?

He and Poz are the only two LBs on this team that could even play on a decent defense in the NFL.

Truer words were never spoken.

His injury issues have tarnished his record somewhat, but back in the 4-3, when healthy, he was the best LB the Bills had, IMO. The bills obviously think he's not the same guy anymore. He will definitely be picked up by another team and then we can see if the injuries have hurt his abilities or if he's a good player that the Bills lost.

you can only polish a turd so much. none of the QBs on our roster are that good. he has to work with what he was given. and the goal this year is to find out exactly what he was given. saying Gailey "hand-picked" him is like saying "That's my hottest cousin".

we've already moved on from one turd that sank to the bottom of the bowl. we'll evaluate the others and see if there is one worth keeping as a back-up next year.

year one of the rebuild process = the tearing down process.

Nothing he could do about the QB roster?? That's a very interesting concept. It completely ignores the concept of the draft and free agency.

Anyway. There were many months from the glorious news results of the exhaustive HC search (Nix: "15 calls a day") until kickoff week #1 for the keen offensive mind that is Chan Gailey's to figure out what many here had correctly predicted last year about unfortunate Trent.

Best post on this thread. He was a solid LB not an all pro but solid superbowl ring owner

I wonder that there are so many complaints about "the team's moves". Most of these "controversial" moves are common sense and steps forward for the organization. I can't say they're all what I would do, but I'm not on the inside. For the most part, I think we're adding by subtraction -- Schobel, Mitchell, Edwards, J Bell, C Simpson, D Jauron, Peters, . . . Are we really gonna say any one of these are damaging the future? And even, Jauron, Peters, etc. are ancient history -- different FO, different system.

Those of us who can't sit back and watch this year, believing that this is the beginning of a new future are going to make themselves (and the rest of us) CRAZY. Have a beer :beer: and start looking at this long term. I know, "Ten years ... blah, blah, blah." Yeah, they've been mediocre for ten years and they've screwed the draft in the past, but this is a new group: Nix is better than the last guy, Gailey is better than the last guy, Fitz is better than the last guy, etc.

Celebrate the little victories. (They're all we'll have for a while.) But, really, isn't this better today than it was a year ago??

I actually tried what you said, and then my brain actually kicked in and made my hand B word slap my mouth after I attempted to celebrate the Kelsay deal, from our "new" administration.

Maybe the fans should ask to be released as well.

:w00t::worthy::thumbsup::beer: