Trent talks about being released

joejoebills

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont understand the hate. He's as smart and articulate as any other football player, avoided trashing the Bills and seemed pretty positive about the experience. He's gone, and the team can move on. THE END

what would he trash the Bills for? Whats he going to say? "I was told to throw the ball down field, but I thought I could win by holding the ball then dumping it down to the RB or TE for 2 yards at the last second?"

Very funny.

I always find it funny to read all of the brain surgeons on this board criticize a Stanford guy's intelligence. I also find it funny when all of the keyboard jockeys on this board call him a coward. It takes a lot of guts for any QB to play behind the Buffalo Bills offensive line these past several years.

Just my two cents.

I assume your ASAT scores were good enough to get you into a better school than Stanford, otherwise you would have no business criticizing his intelligence...

On a side note:

1.) how nice must it be to laid off from one job, then to go home and wait by the phone and actually have somebody call YOU within 4 hours of having been let go.

2.) he seemed like an albatross has been lifted from his neck. Time will tell, but we'll find out if he has talent or not by what happens to his career from hear on out. For the Bills sake (and us fans), I sincerely wish him well but hope it ends like Losman's.

He did look relieved I'd almost say. Would love to see him on the field this season again btw, just to see if he can do it there.

Dont understand the hate. He's as smart and articulate as any other football player, avoided trashing the Bills and seemed pretty positive about the experience. He's gone, and the team can move on. THE END

THE END until he comes here in a couple of weeks. That'll be interesting. :pirate:

He's going to hear it is my guess from a lot of people who have wasted a lot of time with him at the helm. After that game deliciously so if he plays in it. Then THE END

THE END until he comes here in a couple of weeks. That'll be interesting. :pirate:

He's going to hear it is my guess from a lot of people who have wasted a lot of time with him at the helm. After that game deliciously so if he plays in it. Then THE END

I'll be shocked if he plays a down in that game and also if he plays a down this year.

I those Jaguar fans think Gerrard looks scared. Just wait til they get a load of Captain Checkdown. :lol:

My favorite repetitive line: "I'm going to do whatever I can to help this team win."

Yes Trent, because you are a winner. You know exactly how to win in the NFL.

:lol: - I got a good laugh out of that one too.

- Does anyone have the heart to tell Jag fans that Fitzpatrick accomplished more in two quarters than mop head did in two games? :lol:

I like Fitz, but it will very interesting to see how the pass offense performs this week when you know the Jets are going to bring the heat - just like defenses did in the first two games. Let's not get carried away. The primary problem on the offense is the line and pass protection.

:lol: - I got a good laugh out of that one too.

- Does anyone have the heart to tell Jag fans that Fitzpatrick accomplished more in two quarters than mop head did in two games? :lol:

opening line:

(and I'm paraphrasing) "you're losing games, you need a spark, and that's a decision that comes from upstairs."

dissect.

The spark was supposed to come from on the field. Trent had it temporarily for a few games and everybody said he was the second coming but he panned out. The guys upstairs might call plays but the guys on the field are supposed to execute. Trent didn't execute especially after he got his bell rung and knocked out of a game because of a concussion.

My favorite repetitive line: "I'm going to do whatever I can to help this team win."

My favorite repetitive line: "I'm just taking what the defense is giving me."

A real QB doesn't take the defense give you, he just goes out and takes it.

Like Fitz on the pass to Steve Johnson. Johnson was no where near Trent open. AND the Lineman just broke his block and was headed for Fitz. He hung in and threw it. At that point, Trent would have been running for his life.

Go BILLS !!

Whats with all the hate? All the guy did was his best to win from my view, he never trashed the team, the city or the fans, is it his fault that he was trained by a bunch of monkeys? Yea he sucks but he was a byproduct of a staff of clowns, what do you expect? The kid had 3 different coordinators in his 3 years here, Fairchild-Schonert-AVP none of those guys were ever an OC anywhere else but in Buffalo. Fairchild was a figure head OC because Mike Martz called the offensive plays while he was at St Louis. The only NFL head coach the kid knew was the Moron Jauron.

Has any QB ever succeeded under Jauron, and where are those awesome ex Bills coordinators now.. Fairchild is a HC in College, AVP is back to QB coach and Schonert is out of Football afaik.

It would have been interesting to see if Edwards could further develop under one coordinator for a few years, I kinda doubt that will happen now as Jack Del Rio is currently on the hot seat in Jacksonville and will more then likely get fired very soon.

Edited by Harvey lives

Very funny.

I always find it funny to read all of the brain surgeons on this board criticize a Stanford guy's intelligence. I also find it funny when all of the keyboard jockeys on this board call him a coward. It takes a lot of guts for any QB to play behind the Buffalo Bills offensive line these past several years.

Just my two cents.

I agree that Trent didn't sound dumb or overwhelmed or anything to me. He sounds normal. I think he will have a better career in Jacksonville than here, if given the chance, but I'm not sure he'll get the chance to be more than a back-up there.

In the same breath, though, I think it's important to mention that just because someone goes to Stanford or Princeton or Yale or whatever, that does not make them a particularly well-rounded person, with a wide range of intelligences. It doesn't make them good communicators, nor leaders of men. Lots of people who go to highly regarded schools have savant-like intelligences in very defined areas, and these people are often more likely to have trouble in other areas. Finding a person who excels as a well-rounded person is actually a very rare thing. Also, lots of people end up at highly regarded schools for other reasons -- through connections, through money interests or athletic interests.

I don't know what Trent's situation is with that. He may, in fact, be a very well-rounded person. But at least on the surface it seems as though whatever intelligences or qualities are necessary to be a successful quarterback for the Buffalo Bills (and that, at this point, might be nothing short of wizardry), Trent Edwards lacks.

It's kind of sad to see Trent go. Not that I wish he were still with Buffalo, but I remember really hoping after he beat out JP that the front office might have found a diamond in the rough. Oh well, that is life, the team needs to move on and find their franchise quarterback.

Diamonds in the rough are not found in the 3rd round!!! :wallbash:

Tom Brady was a diamond in the rough. Jason Peters was a diamond in the rough. Jabari Greer was a diamond in the rough.

What the heck is it with Bills fans and QB's haircuts?

Kinda gay isn't it? Goes along with worrying about what jerseys other guys are wearing at the game, instead of watching the game yourself and having fun. Watch in about 9 days when Edwards is playing in the Ralph against the Bills and leaves a winner. Nix, Chan and Ralphie will be hiding under a hat or something-kinda looking forward to it. A little karma for the 3 idiots who are making this disaster of a franchise even worse.