DONG DONG DONG, TRENT SIGNED BY JAX

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

god i would love to see Trent start that game. he's so easy to defend against. Not a threat to run...not a threat to step up in the pocket...not a threat to throw frozen ropes 25 yds down the middle of the field with accuracy (ala Tom Brady). That's about as much as you could ask for a defense.

He could very possibly line up across from the Bills defense on October 10th. That would be interesting.

Highly unlikely he'll be starting anytime soon. They brought him in as a back up. They had zero depth in that area. Garrard is still a better qb and has better numbers through his first 2 starts compared to Edwards. They may have brought him in because it could be an advantage when we play them. They see it as a winnable game. They'll get some insight from Trent on Buffalo and then dump him after the game. I liked Trent, but he just isnt suited to play QB in the NFL.

Edited by BuffaloWest

god i would love to see Trent start that game. he's so easy to defend against. Not a threat to run...not a threat to step up in the pocket...not a threat to throw frozen ropes 25 yds down the middle of the field with accuracy (ala Tom Brady). That's about as much as you could ask for a defense.

Then again he would have no fear of our pass rush.

PTR

At 6'4" and 231 pounds, Edwards still stands out as an ideal physical specimen for his position. His decision making has been slow and, for lack of a better word, bad more often than not, and his misuse of talented Bills receiver Lee Evans has been criminal, but Edwards sure looks the part of a pro passer.

He can't throw down field, his decision making has been awful, he's been bad more often than good, but by golly he sure looks like pro QB to us! :doh:

PTR

Doubt they actually want Edwards as a QB...only 2 teams to put in a claim on waivers for Edwards?

Jets and Jags...we play the Jets this Sunday and the Jags next Sunday.

Pretty obvious what they are trying to do and what the Jets were trying to do as well...

My fav quote on the jags message board right now

"roblem is, Trent takes half the hit Garrard can, he will leave the field on a stretcher.

Like him or not, Garrard is a tough mofo.

If Trent can have a quick release and pocket awareness to avoid the hits, then he will be an upgrade over Garrard based soley on the QB play the past two weeks'

Good Luck