Where did the Fitz haters go??

Mr. WEO

Many wanted to get rid of him before the season started and go with TE, Brohm, and Brown.....

This is the most annoying thing when people take sides and then feel they have to come back and say something. Nobody hated anyone in particular on this QB roster - the thing people hated was that the future QB to this team was not on the roster. Edwards was never it, Fitz is more entertaining but still can't win the big one and Brohm was popular because he is the big question mark.

Fitz looked bad in pre-season. And while he had a good game (the 2 killer INT's aside), he's got a long way to go before jumping the gun with threads like his.

But the fact of the matter is that the Bills are spinning their wheels with Fitz. He's a career backup. They should go with Brohm and see what he has. At worst, they pick high next year and potentially get a franchise QB, LT, or DE. At best they find their QB of the future.

Fitz looked bad in pre-season. And while he had a good game (the 2 killer INT's aside), he's got a long way to go before jumping the gun with threads like his.

But the fact of the matter is that the Bills are spinning their wheels with Fitz. He's a career backup. They should go with Brohm and see what he has. At worst, they pick high next year and potentially get a franchise QB, LT, or DE. At best they find their QB of the future.

This is true, but the point you're both missing is that everyone knows Fitz isn't a starter but to suggest that the only seasoned veteran QB be unloaded before the season, with TE as the chosen (and Brohm a hearbeat away) one, was silly. Made no sense at all.

Like last year, Fitz will win a few games and will lose a few games for the Bills. You never get rid of your veteran backup unless he's playing behing P Manning or Favre.

Many wanted to get rid of him before the season started and go with TE, Brohm, and Brown.....

I'm still here.

Dude's got a freakish head. I mean, really...c'mon...have you seen his melon? It's just weird. Edwards, for all his flaws, at least has a normal head.

Fitz is a benchwarmer not a franchise QB which this team desperately needs. Fitz is not a starting QB. Come talk to me next week when Fitz gets 4 Interceptions against the Jets

This is the most annoying thing when people take sides and then feel they have to come back and say something. Nobody hated anyone in particular on this QB roster - the thing people hated was that the future QB to this team was not on the roster. Edwards was never it, Fitz is more entertaining but still can't win the big one and Brohm was popular because he is the big question mark.

:thumbsup:

A lot of them were from the Ralph is cheap crowd who figured that the team wouldn't pay a guy the going rate for a backup QB. They thought his play on the field wasn't pretty enough to suit their tastes. They ignored the fact that he was the only one who was around for all but one of last season's victories because they just couldn't shake the Ralph is cheap stuff from their heads.

Most of us knew Fitzpatrick, the only one of the top 3 QBs signed past this season, wasn't going anywhere.

Fitz is a benchwarmer not a franchise QB which this team desperately needs. Fitz is not a starting QB. Come talk to me next week when Fitz gets 4 Interceptions against the Jets

I'm predicting 5 picks, myself.

Do none of the Fitz-fans here understand the difference between the Miami/Green Bay defenses, and the Pats defense?

#4 and #5 vs. #27. Pat's have serious pass defense issues - that was known going in. At that, 23 points of offense is nothing to get too excited about.

Those two INT's were BAD, btw. Fitz is Fitz - gutsy yes, but not so capable of putting the ball where he means to.

Edited by BobChalmers

My feeling of the mood was that Fitz would be the best backup, qualified and fairly capable. What was the underlying hope was that someone (Trent, Levi, the ball boy, someone) would step up and show they would be a capable starter in this league.

For a personal point of view, my only gripe with Fitz is his maddening lack of consistent accuracy. What that said, I like to see Fitz succeed and play well. Maybe Gailey, the reported QB Guru, will now focus his attention of a guy who has some moxy, and needs to nail down his footwork to gain most consistent accuracy. After all, who else does Gailey have? Brohm? That doesn't seem likely at this point.

Sweet.

Fitz sucks a little less than Edwards, who sucked a little less than Losman.

Calling any of them 'backups' is generous.

Where does all this get us, besides five years circling the drain??

The problem with that math is, I'm pretty sure Losman is Fitz with a better arm. Maybe Fitz is smarter though, so I'll give you that.

The only team that I ever recall bringing 3 franchise QBs into camp was the Packers who had Favre, Brunell & Warner in the same camp along with Detmer who was far ahead of Warner on the depth chart. Every team would like a 2nd stringer who can win games when the starter goes down. Fitzpatrick proved last year & in prior years he can do that. You don't cut your backup just because he isn't franchise material. Come back next year when Fitzpatrick is the only QB still with the team.

The most annoying thing was fans that kept pulling for Trent when it was so painfully obvious that all he could ever be was mediocre at best. All the people that thought there will be no significant change with Fitz. It's all the Olines fault. Blah, blah, blah blah blah.

These discussion get pretty heated with a lot of name calling so a good "I told you so thread" is completely warranted. If you are going to argue that strongly you have to be a man and take the poison when you are wrong. The sad thing is most people don't have the integrity to admit their mistakes, humble themselves and say they were wrong.

I think a lot of that came from trying to swing for a home run. We know what we get with Fitz. It's not bad. It's certainly better than Edwards. I think the Brohm and Brown supporters were just gambling that they could be better than the mostly known commodity Fitz.

That being said, imagine if the coaching staff actually backed Fitz in the OTAs and training camp instead of the guaranteed loser Edwards. We might have hit the ground running. They might have even devised plays that were to his liking instead of tailoring them to the now dishonorably discharged Cpt Checkdown.

I'm right here still... :D

I did not necessarily want Fitz gone, but God knows I do not want him to be the long term answer at QB...He's played one Game this year...He had some good plays and threw 2 INT's that likely cost his Team a chance at winning a HUGE Game on the Road...Further proof to me that Fitz is not good enough...I'll admit he''s better than I thought he would be...But that's about it...My mind is open going into the future...We'll see what Fitz does vs. The Jets and then the team after that...It's still early... B-)