Steve Johnson

Steve,

Congratulations on your first NFL touchdown and boy what a celebration you made it being down 38-30 at the time and drawing the ensuing 15 yard penalty. You epitomize what it means to be a professional to know your time and place. You are a Pro's Pro and your Maybin like hairdo makes me want to run to the Bills Store and purchase your jersey.

Sincerely,

Jeff Wright's Mullet

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve,

Congratulations on your first NFL touchdown and boy what a celebration you made it being down 38-30 at the time and drawing the ensuing 15 yard penalty. You epitomize what it means to be a professional to know your time and place. You are a Pro's Pro and your Maybin like hairdo makes me want to run to the Bills Store and purchase your jersey.

Sincerely,

Jeff Wright's Mullet

Jeff Wright's Mullet,

Steve Johnson's parody of the Patriots* minute men--the most flamboyant NFL mascot since the Buccaneers logo of yore--was hilarious.

Also, Steve Johnson's hair is a thousand times cooler than Jeff Wright's mullet.

Sincerely,

The Big Cat

He should have been penalized for the hair-cut, not the celebration! :devil:

Agreed. I liked the celebration though.. he only got the flag when he fell to the ground. Although, I'm sure the league office would have fined him either way for pantomining as though he was shooting someone. Probably similiar to their stance with the throat slashing gestures.

Pretty BS call, I think. But yes, Steve should have low-keyed it a bit.

Agreed. I liked the celebration though.. he only got the flag when he fell to the ground. Although, I'm sure the league office would have fined him either way for pantomining as though he was shooting someone. Probably similiar to their stance with the throat slashing gestures.

Based on this, I amend my last comment. I still think the penalty was undeserved, but as you note the gun thing may have sealed the deal. Poor choice by Johnson.

It was hilarious. By the way, it's amazing how much better our receivers look when we play a QB who will actually throw the ball down the field.

I agree i thought it was funny...a more high profile reciver gets that on ESPN bc it was fairly original and pretty funny...even the minuuteman guys were laughing about it

Hell get fined bc it was like shooting someone but still i thought it was funny

It was a horrible and a stupid penalty. I hope he gets fined.

If we had savvy players that understand the game maybe this would not happen. It should have been obvious that our defense cannot be trusted to get the ball back so an onside kick following the score was very likely.

We were fortunate that the kick from our 15 turned out as good as it did and our defense actually pushed them back.

This is all I want from the 2010 Buffalo Bills. SHUT UP and WIN A FEW GAMES.

Whitner tweeting and talking about being laughed at.

Maybin continually acting like a high school player whenever he makes any kind of a play (which is not often).

Now Johnson playing the fool on a TD.

This stuff is not funny and one of these days I sure hope get lucky enough to draft a few serious players that are leaders.

Edited by Bob in STL

You see the guys that celebrate after a score and what teams they play for and what they all have in common.........LOSER......NO SuperBowls.

Loved Thurman Thomas scores. Generally he just flipped the ball to the ref and headed home with the air of someone who will be back again.

Meh... he's had a rough start to the season, and had a nice game today, I can't blame him too much for being excited.

Fine, be excited, spike the ball, do those stupid body jump celebrations with your teammates. Just do'nt put yourself in a situation that costs you 15 yards!!!

Yes it was a great play and Johnson looked good on it. But dammit, because of that stupid celebration the Bills had to kickoff from the 15 instead of the 30. The Bills could not afford to be in that situation when they were in the game.

Steve Johnson, you made a great play, but you followed it up with a very dumb move.

You could argue that Johnson's antics are just as big a reason the Bills lost today as much as the ineptness of the defense & Fitz's 2 INT's.

anyone know if the minutemen actors are part of the patriots staff? if so are they penalized for actually doing the actions that Steve Johnson pantomimed? I am all for fans in the stands acting like fans, but these actors are on the field where ordinary fans aren't allowed to be. Leave the on field cheering to cheerleaders....