Is it safe to say we are officially cursed?

beggar13

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you concerning the fact that there has been plenty of bad decisions & self inflicted wounds within the organization...no doubt about that. And we all pay for bad decisions, don't we? But can anybody prove there's no such thing as UFO's...or Poltergeists?...no. And nobody can prove there's no such thing as curses either. Just cause you said it doesn't make it so.

The only curse that's "real" is the Curse of Eve (aka menstruation).

I think so.

If that be the case, when would have the curse started and what would have been the cause? I am going to go ahead and call it the Flutie curse. Right after Wade screwed Flutie over by bencing him in favor of Rob Johnson, we immediately had the most heart breaking loss imaginable (just behind Super Bowl XXV). Since that time, we have not even sniffed the playoffs. Seems like a fairly legit to me curse to me.

I say we get Flutie to Buffalo, slap his name on the WOF, and then sacrifice a virgin, or a goat, (or maybe even a virgin goat) just for good measure. That move pissed off the football Gods to no ends and we need collectively perform some sort of act of attrition to make things right.

I think it may have to be a human sacrifice - so let's say we invite Rob Johnson & Wade Phillips to the wall of fame induction of Flutie & that will be the end of it .

I think so.

If that be the case, when would have the curse started and what would have been the cause? I am going to go ahead and call it the Flutie curse. Right after Wade screwed Flutie over by bencing him in favor of Rob Johnson, we immediately had the most heart breaking loss imaginable (just behind Super Bowl XXV). Since that time, we have not even sniffed the playoffs. Seems like a fairly legit to me curse to me.

I say we get Flutie to Buffalo, slap his name on the WOF, and then sacrifice a virgin, or a goat, (or maybe even a virgin goat) just for good measure. That move pissed off the football Gods to no ends and we need collectively perform some sort of act of attrition to make things right.

Screw Flutie. He was a blip in this frachise's history and if it wasn't for his shameless self promotion and his schmarmy underdog story his mediocre play wouldn't have been talked about beyond his tenure here. In fact, I think the curse started when he hung Thurman out to dry with that terrible pass that resulted in a rib injury further deteriorating TT's skills, ultimately resulting in him finishing his career with the 'phins, thereby solidifying the curse. I say we sacrifice Flutie!! :devil:

Edited by transient

The curse came to Buffalo long before Flutie played in Buffalo.

There was the entire decade of the 70's in which the Bills didn't beat the Dolphins once in that ten year period, the "don" owned Buffalo

There was a winning head coach that completely turned around the franchise all by himself, (even hampered by the biggest jerk of a GM in the NFL- the team drafted a player with the 1st overall pick and then wouldn't even meet him for dinner in Buffalo when he set it up-only 20k difference between the team and player and didn't sign him)- the team was so bad they couldn't play preseason games in Buffalo because nobody would attend. 5-11 his first year 11-5 in 2 years and the playoffs- the fans were buying tickets so the owner doesn't resign this coach and the team went south again.

There was "wide right"

There was the firing of the best ever GM in not only Buffalo history, but perhaps in NFL history :cry:

There was the firing of the best evers understudy because he wouldn't resign with Buffalo, he wanted to wait and see what other teams might offer.

There was letting the understudy leave Buffalo with his head scout, who is now the GM of the Chargers

The decade of 2000-2010 of losing because the owner refuses to hire a top coach.

Its a love-hate relationship and the thin line between the two....

1970 3-10-2

1971 1-13

1972 4-9-1

1973 8-5

1974 9-5 playoff WC

1975 8-6

1976 2-12

1977 3-11

1978 5-11

1979 7-9

1980 11-5 won division

1981 10-6 WC win

1982 players strike 4-5

1983 8-8

1984 2-12

1985 2-14

1986 4-12 Bill Polian hired- Marv Levy hired mid season

1987 7-8

1988 12-4 won division lost in AFC Championship

1989 9-7 won division

1990 13-3 won division AFC championship

1991 13-3 won division AFC championship

1992 11-5 WC AFC championship

1993 12-4 won division AFC championship

1994 7-9

1995 10-6 won division WC

1996 10-6 WC

1997 6-10

1998 10-6 WC

1999 11-5 WC

2000 8-8

2001 3-13

2002 8-8

2003 6-10

2004 9-7

2005 5-11

2006 7-9

2007 7-9

2008 7-9

2009 6-10

Cursed with an owner you love because he kept the team in Buffalo, and yet you hate because he fired Polian... refused to pay Knox & Butler ...refuses to hire a big name coach for the last 10 years

As cursed as Buffalo may seem, I think the Cleveland Brown are more cursed. The owner moved the team to Baltimore (sorta) where they win a SB and become a perennial playoff team with an awesome defense. Can there ever be an owner more hated the Art Modell?

I think so.

"Act of Attrition" - that is a very funny pun; not sure whether you know it or not.

I think you do know there are no "football gods". Putting Flutie on the WoF will fix nothing and will cheapen the Wall for the others.

Putting Lou Saban on the WoF is something long overdue.

The Bills simply need better leadership, vision, and technical knowledge of the game. Start at the top and work your way through the entire front office, to the coaches, and then of course the players.

I think so.

A curse is something that the recipient, in this case the Buffalo Bills had nothing to do with it happening. In the Bills case, it is all the owners, management, FO and coaching's fault for the problems that the team has had.

As cursed as Buffalo may seem, I think the Cleveland Brown are more cursed. The owner moved the team to Baltimore (sorta) where they win a SB and become a perennial playoff team with an awesome defense. Can there ever be an owner more hated the Art Modell?

Perhaps the Browns (and really the entire city of Cleveland) has had it worse than Buffalo... but check this pseudo-scientific approach to fan pain, and see who's on top. (Note: it's from 2007.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=schoenfield/070328

You could theoretically add the two recent MNF losses (to Cowboys and Pats*) as more minor soul-sucking moments as well.

I think so.

Where are you going to find a virgin in Buffalo?

"Curse of the Bambino" The Gods impose justice for not starting Flutie. Hope this doesn't go as long as the Red Sox curse.