Is it safe to say we are officially cursed?

beggar13

I think so.

If that be the case, when would have the curse started and what would have been the cause? I am going to go ahead and call it the Flutie curse. Right after Wade screwed Flutie over by bencing him in favor of Rob Johnson, we immediately had the most heart breaking loss imaginable (just behind Super Bowl XXV). Since that time, we have not even sniffed the playoffs. Seems like a fairly legit to me curse to me.

I say we get Flutie to Buffalo, slap his name on the WOF, and then sacrifice a virgin, or a goat, (or maybe even a virgin goat) just for good measure. That move pissed off the football Gods to no ends and we need collectively perform some sort of act of attrition to make things right.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think so.

If that be the case, when would have the curse started and what would have been the cause? I am going to go ahead and call it the Flutie curse. Right after Wade screwed Flutie over by bencing him in favor of Rob Johnson, we immediately had the most heart breaking loss imaginable (just behind Super Bowl XXV). Since that time, we have not even sniffed the playoffs. Seems like a fairly legit to me curse to me.

I say we get Flutie to Buffalo, slap his name on the WOF, and then sacrifice a virgin, or a goat, (or maybe even a virgin goat) just for good measure. That move pissed off the football Gods to no ends and we need collectively perform some sort of act of attrition to make things right.

I proposed this a while ago. Flutie is actually a witch doctor from Mozambique and unless we make it right by him, i.e. apologizing, we'll have to wait his full 15 year sentence of not making the playoffs. Until those years are up, we'll continue to draft the incorrect players, make the wrong FA choices, and dwell in mediocrity.

It's the Mckinley curse. Buffalo is just darn right unlucky. First the assasination, then the rust belt, the super bowl losses and the "no goal". It could be worse, we could have won, one superbowl and then never been to the playoffs again.

There are Bills fans that passed away waiting for that first Superbowl. Would have been nice, for them

There are Bills fans that passed away waiting for that first Superbowl. Would have been nice, for them

I'm nearly there myself. I've been a Bills fan since 63 and have lived through the worst years of the organization. I would have liked Lou Saban to stay on, he would have won the Superbowls, although not all of them.

I think so.

Easily one of the top 10 worst coaching moves ever. I don't want to hear the b.s. about "Rob Johnson was leading...". You don't bench the guy who carried you to 10 wins on the seasons for the guy who had one good game against the second stringers of an already sorry defense. From what he's done with the talent he's been given it looks like the curse has followed Wade as well.

I think so.

Take down O.J. the double murderers name & slap up Flutie's...then perhaps the curse will be lifted. But if the so-called curse you're talking about is actually karma, think about all the people within the Bills organization thru the yrs, coaches included (yes Wade for one), that RW has screwed over...then think about the honor & integrity of the Rooney's...then count the SB rings for each team.

It's definitely a curse...Don't think there is much question at this point...

I'm thinking it's Flutie too...But I'm not 100% sure...Could be a combination Flutie/Wade/Butler curse...Combined curses are always more powerful...

Finally some scientific fact-based analysis around here!!! ;)

I think so.

The Flutie curse should have been lifted. He went on to beat us as a Charger on a last minute scramble run into the endzone back in 2001. Maybe that wasnt enough though. Wade didnt make the call to bench him. Wilson did. Wade's curse was exercised when his Cowboys beat us on Monday Night Football. That to me was the worst, most painful kick in the nuts since the Titans playoff game.

Flutie's name should be on The Wall Of Fame. He saved the Bills in my opinion from 1998 until today. We may need him back in 2012 to work his magic again on a new lease, stadium, re-model whatever. The guy had magic. Period. He was a great story, and made the Bills very likeable to people across the country after the Kelly years. He kept us interesting and relevant.

Just our luck that OJ Simpson, our most high profile, famous and electrifying player of all time turns out to be the devil.

McKinley curse? Buffalo didnt have anything to do with the scumbag who shot the McKinley. He was a Czech I believe, an anarchist, and a nut. I think he lived in Canada too-Not from WNY...anyways....

Nope, It is just a series of very bad decisions coming from the top of teh organization. Its not a curse.

I read a forward last year that talked of the Flutie Curse. The only way to have it lifted was to sprinkle Flutie Flakes on the field. So in good spirits some friends of mine sacrificed a old box of Flutie Flakes and went down and sprinkled them on the field before a Bill's game at the Ralph. THE RESULT...the Brown's beat the Bills in horrible fashion and one of the guys in our party fell 20 feet down stairs at the stadium. The curse has not been lifted.

I read a forward last year that talked of the Flutie Curse. The only way to have it lifted was to sprinkle Flutie Flakes on the field. So in good spirits some friends of mine sacrificed a old box of Flutie Flakes and went down and sprinkled them on the field before a Bill's game at the Ralph. THE RESULT...the Brown's beat the Bills in horrible fashion and one of the guys in our party fell 20 feet down stairs at the stadium. The curse has not been lifted.

HAHA That's an awesome story! I'm thinking that only Flutie himself can lift the curse, and if I was him I would keep it goin' til ole Ralphie boy is playing checkers with Elvis. This guy plays his heart out...gets us to the playoffs...only to get benched. UnBILLievable!

Well since curses aren't real I'd say no. Have they had bad luck? Sure. But a lot of the problems have been self inflicted stemming from poor ownership decisions. End of story.

I agree with you concerning the fact that there has been plenty of bad decisions & self inflicted wounds within the organization...no doubt about that. And we all pay for bad decisions, don't we? But can anybody prove there's no such thing as UFO's...or Poltergeists?...no. And nobody can prove there's no such thing as curses either. Just cause you said it doesn't make it so.

HAHA That's an awesome story! I'm thinking that only Flutie himself can lift the curse, and if I was him I would keep it goin' til ole Ralphie boy is playing checkers with Elvis. This guy plays his heart out...gets us to the playoffs...only to get benched. UnBILLievable!

Unfortunatley all True.