Anyone else watching Luck tear apart Wake Forest right now?

sven233

Wow.......I have seen him play a lot of games, but he is putting on a show tonight. Already has 3 passing TDs and just had a 52 yard rushing TD!

Oh......and there is still 8:00 left in the 2ND QUARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 15-17 so far!!!

I have watched all of the games today with all of the "potential QB's" and Luck has, BY FAR, been the most impressive so far! Sure, it is 1 game, and it is against an inferior opponent, but he is making it look easy so far. The biggest question I have with Luck is if he will even come out in the Draft this year. There is a good chance that he won't, but man, he would be nice to have as an option to choose from!

Enjoy the rest of the game if you are watching!

PS. I am not saying Luck is better than Mallet or Locker. Personally, I can see every one of them being successful in the NFL. I just want to make that clear. It is funny watching so many posters on a lot of these message boards (not naming any message boards in particular.....this one is tame compared to some)fighting over which guy they like more! I know some may not like this point, but I have to say it........WHY CAN'T THEY ALL BE GOOD IN THE NFL???? Who knows!!!! I mean, it seems like all of this fighting going one with some liking Locker, some liking Mallet, some liking Luck, etc. that they have to put down the other QBs in order to make their point of the guy they want being good. It is completely possible that all can succeed and have great careers in the NFL. We would be lucky to get any one of these 3 players after living through the CRAP we have had on this team at the QB position for the last 13 years! I will welcome any more of them with open arms!

But Luck is just tearing it up right now. Fun to watch. Her is definitely making NFL throws right now.

Edited by sven233

Yeah, this is my first time seeing him perform. He looks goofy, sort of like, "Peyton Manning meets Sam Bradford", but he definitely knows how to play the position. His mobility, smarts, and accuracy, give him the edge as the top QB. That said, he probably won't come out this year. Who knows when we'll get our QB.

Wow.......I have seen him play a lot of games, but he is putting on a show tonight. Already has 3 passing TDs and just had a 52 yard rushing TD!

Oh......and there is still 8:00 left in the 2ND QUARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 15-17 so far!!!

I have watched all of the games today with all of the "potential QB's" and Luck has, BY FAR, been the most impressive so far! Sure, it is 1 game, and it is against an inferior opponent, but he is making it look easy so far. The biggest question I have with Luck is if he will even come out in the Draft this year. There is a good chance that he won't, but man, he would be nice to have as an option to choose from!

Enjoy the rest of the game if you are watching!

PS. I am not saying Luck is better than Mallet or Locker. Personally, I can see every one of them being successful in the NFL. I just want to make that clear. It is funny watching so many posters on a lot of these message boards (not naming any message boards in particular.....this one is tame compared to some)fighting over which guy they like more! I know some may not like this point, but I have to say it........WHY CAN'T THEY ALL BE GOOD IN THE NFL???? Who knows!!!! I mean, it seems like all of this fighting going one with some liking Locker, some liking Mallet, some liking Luck, etc. that they have to put down the other QBs in order to make their point of the guy they want being good. It is completely possible that all can succeed and have great careers in the NFL. We would be lucky to get any one of these 3 players after living through the CRAP we have had on this team at the QB position for the last 13 years! I will welcome any more of them with open arms!

But Luck is just tearing it up right now. Fun to watch. Her is definitely making NFL throws right now.

I have been impressed with his performance in the first half. If he does not come out this year, I would hate to have to be bad enough this year and next in order to draft him.

I am actually watching (sort of) the UCLA/Houston game. The Bruins are blowing the Cougars out. The son of a woman I work with plays LB at Houston. I promised her I would record his road games for her...pretty brutal game...her kid is actually a good punt/kick returner, but doesn't see the field a whole lot. It is kinda cute, she gets so into talking about his games, but he barely plays.

Luck is my favorite of the three, but I believe he's also the least likely to leave school early. That college degree from Stanford could be worth its weight in gold should the NFL not pan out for him.

Played for wake. Beat stanford last year and honestly then we gameplanned for Gerhart. Even though Wake is VERY young on D this year Luck is killing it right now. Wake is young but talented and he has played very well. Mallet and Locker both looked awful today and are far more of a project than Luck without question, I still am not sure either of the three are strong enough right now to come in and be effective on our team. Though for a rs soph, Luck looks very good, and with a hc like harbough, he will be prepared. Make no mistake, Wake is young, but Luck is by far the better prospect of the three and will seperate himself by the end of the year

Played for wake. Beat stanford last year and honestly then we gameplanned for Gerhart. Even though Wake is VERY young on D this year Luck is killing it right now. Wake is young but talented and he has played very well. Mallet and Locker both looked awful today and are far more of a project than Luck without question, I still am not sure either of the three are strong enough right now to come in and be effective on our team. Though for a rs soph, Luck looks very good, and with a hc like harbough, he will be prepared. Make no mistake, Wake is young, but Luck is by far the better prospect of the three and will seperate himself by the end of the year

Mallett looked awful today? I don't think he looked lights out, but he looked real good. If that's awful, I'll take awful every day and twice on Sunday.

Mallett looked awful today? I don't think he looked lights out, but he looked real good. If that's awful, I'll take awful every day and twice on Sunday.

putting up 350 is great but with footwork, accuracy, and staring down recievers good luck throwing for 100 on sundays, mallet is further along then 5th yr sr locker but at 6'7" with limited pocket presence he's still a project, not awful, but not nearly on ryan or staffords level as far as nfl readiness, dont kid yourselves

Luck will be the # 1 draft pick if he comes out. Personally I would have traded back twice in the first round and drafted Tebow and getting 2 more second rounder, traded "least mode" for a third giving us 2 thirds,3 seconds and our franchise quarterback. With the extra picks we could have gotten a starting left and right tackle and a real outside pass rusher.

It's funny how I would tell guys at work that Tebow is the next Elway and now he is in Denver. Tebow has the "IT" factor and will be a Hall of Famer.

I have been impressed with his performance in the first half. If he does not come out this year, I would hate to have to be bad enough this year and next in order to draft him.

Don't worry this team is that bad. Name two teams worse than Buffalo. Oakland and ?

putting up 350 is great but with footwork, accuracy, and staring down recievers good luck throwing for 100 on sundays, mallet is further along then 5th yr sr locker but at 6'7" with limited pocket presence he's still a project, not awful, but not nearly on ryan or staffords level as far as nfl readiness, dont kid yourselves

Its good to have someone else on the board who can tell the difference between college good and NFL good :thumbsup:

Luck is the man. He clearly is the best as of right now. I love Harbaugh and how he runs that team - too bad for us he wouldnt even interview for our HC job! He would build our team right.

I think that there is going to be a rookie pay scale in the new CBA, it makes too much sense for there not to be. I would think that this will keep a lot of underclassmen IN college until the graduate. AKA why does Bradford need a college degree when he takes home 50 Mil guaranteed. If they cap it and a guy only gets 4-5 million, then he busts out of the league, they are gonna need that degree. The Stars are aligning for the Bills to not get our QB this year. Which is ironic because last last year they aligned perfectly for us to grab a couple good ones :huh:

Don't worry this team is that bad. Name two teams worse than Buffalo. Oakland and ?

The Raiders have a ton of talent. Much more than Buffalo. But the Rams and TB are worse. The Browns may be too but they will beat us head to head so I guess they are better.

Luck is head and shoulders above the other QB prospects but too bad he will likely stay another year. Hopefully the Bills bottom out NEXT season.

This current QB class (without Luck) is overrated. Lots of little guys with no arms and lots of big guys with no accuracy.

I guess that's true, if you call a 186 rating and 70% completion ratio "no accuracy"... :huh:

(Ryan Mallett)

I guess that's true, if you call a 186 rating and 70% completion ratio "no accuracy"... :huh:

(Ryan Mallett)

Uh huh, based on 3 games, 2 of which were against cupcakes. Let's see how long that completion percentage lasts. He did well against Georgia but check out his numbers in road games and against good teams last season (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/gamelog?playerId=232007&year=2009 ). Not pretty. But, he has time to improve and perhaps already has. We will see.

Uh huh, based on 3 games, 2 of which were against cupcakes. Let's see how long that completion percentage lasts. He did well against Georgia but check out his numbers in road games and against good teams last season (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/gamelog?playerId=232007&year=2009 ). Not pretty. But, he has time to improve and perhaps already has. We will see.

I'm also anxious to see how he holds up over the long haul and against top teams - we'll get a good look this Saturday against #1 Alabama (3:30 PM EST - CBS Sports & CBSSports.com).

Luck will be the # 1 draft pick if he comes out. Personally I would have traded back twice in the first round and drafted Tebow and getting 2 more second rounder, traded "least mode" for a third giving us 2 thirds,3 seconds and our franchise quarterback. With the extra picks we could have gotten a starting left and right tackle and a real outside pass rusher.

It's funny how I would tell guys at work that Tebow is the next Elway and now he is in Denver. Tebow has the "IT" factor and will be a Hall of Famer.

That's exactly what everyone was saying about Locker this winter.

Luck is head and shoulders above the other QB prospects but too bad he will likely stay another year. Hopefully the Bills bottom out NEXT season.

This current QB class (without Luck) is overrated. Lots of little guys with no arms and lots of big guys with no accuracy.

I agree with your assessment. Luck kind of reminds me of a young Daryl Lamonica(when he was still a Bill). I didn't know he won't be in next year's draft class. He would look really good in a Bills throwback uni.