who is the oldest on The Wall

mead107

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Senator Davey Lee is 39 and holdin' baby, still rockin' my life away.... B-)

youtube.com/watch?v=_mFEeKtkrSY

A buddy of mine does a medley/cover of "Middle Age Crazy/39 and Holding", from time to time, in his live shows. He calls it the "trailer-park trilogy" :w00t:

Edited by Buftex

So long as he doesn't marry his cousin... :beer:

(Killer still a thriller)

Have you heard Jerry Lee's new album? It is pretty damn good. It is one of those sort of duet albums, about 2/3 of it is great...the rest not as much. He does a "killer" version of "Sweet Virginia" (the Stones song) as a duet with Keith Richards. It is only on the deluxe version of the record. This album is much better than the one he put out a few years ago, with a bunch of main-stream pukes.

Have you heard Jerry Lee's new album? It is pretty damn good. It is one of those sort of duet albums, about 2/3 of it is great...the rest not as much. He does a "killer" version of "Sweet Virginia" (the Stones song) as a duet with Keith Richards. It is only on the deluxe version of the record. This album is much better than the one he put out a few years ago, with a bunch of main-stream pukes.

Now that's an appropriate combo - next to Keith Richards, Jerry Lee's been #2 on the 'Next Rock Star To Die' List since the the 1970s! (And he almost did die more than once.) Considering the life he's led - the hell raisin', the drugs, the drinkin', the fighting - it's amazing that the guy is still doing cutting albums and doing shows at the age of 75! I almost went to see him in NYC last week, but being that The Senator's been '39 and holding' for 12 years now, I'm saving myself up for the Bills road game at NE* this weekend.

Here's a duet he did with Keith a long time ago...

Yeah, his Last Man Standing album had its good and bad parts (Kid Rock is always annoying) but some the I thought other cuts were really good (Traveling Man with John Fogerty, Pink Cadillac with Springsteen, Rock 'n Roll with Jimmy Page). Maybe you'd like the DVD better...

Have heard a few cuts from his latest and really like it - getting great reviews...

Mean Old Man

Thanks for the heads-up on the deluxe version. :thumbsup:

I had to look at a 55+ apartment complex for work this week. The place is nicer, newer, and cheaper than the place I am at now. Would like to move there in two years, but it is about 80 miles away.

I'm 62, will turn 63 a couple days after the upcoming BEARS loss.

Just got back from an out of State wedding. As I was wheeling my BILLS cooler accross the Hotel parking lot to the car, I ran into a couple of guys outside the Hotel, having a smoke. They saw the cooler and told me I would have "a rough day." I told them that being a BILLS fan has caused me to have a ROUGH LIFE!

I had no idea at 11AM pre-game, how right we would both be. <_<