For all the Bills fans who want to draft Jake Locker...

Solomon Grundy

Read article and tell me if you still want to draft him? http://www.usatoday....ngton-nfl_N.htm

He looks evil...Besides that and the Losman call (yikes), I would still draft him. Tons of potential and a small town guy. He doesn;t seem to be a friggin primadonna and has the tools for NFL success. I wouldn't mind him or Mallett but that would mean that we had a losing season. Catch-22 :unsure:

"It's a barometer," ...It's pronounced thermometer

Gil Brandt's use of barometer in this context is perfectly acceptable. Why do you disagree?

barometer  (bəˈrɒmɪtə)

— n

1. an instrument for measuring atmospheric pressure, usually to determine altitude or weather changes

2. anything that shows change or impending change: the barometer of social change

He looks evil...Besides that and the Losman call (yikes), I would still draft him. Tons of potential and a small town guy. He doesn;t seem to be a friggin primadonna and has the tools for NFL success. I wouldn't mind him or Mallett but that would mean that we had a losing season. Catch-22 :unsure:

You should've seen her face. It was the exact same look my father gave me when I told him I wanted to be a ventriloquist.

...I wish someone would give me $250,000 to write my name on a piece of paper with the understanding it was unlikely I would ever work for them.

Gil Brandt's use of barometer in this context is perfectly acceptable. Why do you disagree?

barometer  (bəˈrɒmɪtə)

— n

1. an instrument for measuring atmospheric pressure, usually to determine altitude or weather changes

2. anything that shows change or impending change: the barometer of social change

It's a Seinfeld quote... Mandelbaum, Mandelbaum, Mandelbaum (Before you look it up in the dictionary, it's in reference to his avatar). :nana:

I'm more of a Mallett guy right now, but we'll see how the whole thing shakes out...I'm not sure the Bills could go wrong with Locker, Mallett, or Andrew Luck...Though I think Luck will stay another year...We'll see...It's the only, and I mean ONLY good thing about watching the Bills struggle...The thought they might get one of these guys... B-)

Locker seemed, to me, to be a meathead with super high bust potential. Reading this article actually warmed me to the idea of him, however--- but I'm still more interested in Andrew Luck. He's played well against major college talent and actually has a history of winning in pressure situations. Elway notwithstanding, there is not a good established crop of pro QBs with losing college records. Losman and Edwards are 2 prime examples that losing in college usually translates to losing in the NFL.

Then again, the gulf in talent is much wider in Div. 1 college football than it is in the NFL, where "any given Sunday" applies now more than ever. Not being able to elevate the dearth of talent around him at Washington doesn't necessarily mean he wouldn't be able to do it as a pro, but it would probably be a good thing if he had some experience learning how to succeed before getting drafted. Repeatedly not being able to do it, even considering his circumstances, means learning on the job.

For some half-assed reason in my pea brain, I LIKE the fact hes experienced a lot of losing. It means hes seen it all, not just the glory, like some coddled star college QBs have.

Hmmm...I know what you're saying, but having a QB around who has won helps.

If you look at the college records of the QBs drafted in round 1, not one of the ones with a below-.500 record has exactly turned out to be a star in the NFL. However, as the article said, John Elway's career at Stanford wasn't stellar, either.

I really think the key to drafting the franchise QB is their mental maturity. The tangibles can be compared & contrasted, but having an idea of what goes on inside someone's head is pretty important to me.

For some half-assed reason in my pea brain, I LIKE the fact hes experienced a lot of losing. It means hes seen it all, not just the glory, like some coddled star college QBs have.

Thats giving yourself way too much credit.

I like him, but as they point out, he is in some spooky company as a QB with a losing record (first rounders). But then again, there are plenty of 1st round can miss guys that have fallen on their faces coming from winning programs. Hopefull we will not be drafting #1 because of our schedule. I would prefer to trade Marshawn or Freddie for a first rounder which happens to end up as the first pick of the draft..............Excuse me while go pick my lotto tickets

I want the Bills to get the Best QB in the 2011 draft. If it is him them good, if it is comeone else, fine with that too.

On Locker, remember Thurmans helmet?

"After tumbling into the end zone, Locker threw the ball up into the air and was assessed a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. This backed the point after touchdown kick, which was to tie the game and in all likelihood send it to overtime, from the 3 yard line to the 18 yard line. The kick was blocked and UW lost the game by that 28—27 margin. " Ouch

link

I want the Bills to get the Best QB in the 2011 draft. If it is him them good, if it is comeone else, fine with that too.

"After tumbling into the end zone, Locker threw the ball up into the air and was assessed a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. This backed the point after touchdown kick, which was to tie the game and in all likelihood send it to overtime, from the 3 yard line to the 18 yard line. The kick was blocked and UW lost the game by that 28—27 margin. " Ouch

link

On the upside, he probably won't ever do THAT again.

link

I remember that game. I also remember thinking "The NCAA has got their heads up their arses if they think that's "excessive celebration"."

You should've seen her face. It was the exact same look my father gave me when I told him I wanted to be a ventriloquist.

...I wish someone would give me $250,000 to write my name on a piece of paper with the understanding it was unlikely I would ever work for them.

It's a Seinfeld quote... Mandelbaum, Mandelbaum, Mandelbaum (Before you look it up in the dictionary, it's in reference to his avatar). :nana:

THANK YOU!!! :worthy: